Are you f*#@ing kidding me? Isn't this what we wanted? (merged)

1 hour ago, varjet said:

You fire Mac because you conclude that he is not the right GM for the Jets from 5/15 forward.  

This is the business concept of sunk cost. Past is Past.  He likely messed up FA and the draft, after they gave him a chance to help pick the coach and handle the off season.  Chris needed help with the coach selection.  I don’t think you can criticize the firing because it was late.  Better late than never.  

You can criticize the process, and Goodell should be telling the Johnsons that they need to do a Haslam and Pegula and hand the team to a professional to manage.  But firing Mac yesterday was the right decision yesterday.   It was four months late, but the right decision was not to wait 

Very well said! 

No point crying over spilled milk, Chris could not do it alone and Charlie's help is not wanted so he gave Mac a chance and based on the results of the draft, Mac was rightfully fired - I am happy with that decision

The offseason signings will be fine, Lev Bell and C.J. Mosley are part of the solution - Gase may or may not agree with contracts (who cares) but that will not matter when they hit the field - talent prevails

Chance to get OL help now and watch Sam develop into a FQB

• Upvote 1

For me it's not that Mac has been fired.  He needed to be fired.

It's the reason why and who's in charge.

They didn't fire him because he was a bad GM (if they did he would have been fired with Bowles) CJ fired him because he was intimidated by a lunatic of a HC and then went on to give him full control.

• Sympathy 1

Let's put it this way. Doctor tells you that you have cancer and only have 6 months to live. Then 6 months later, he's like, oh, yeah, we can operate and remove that cancer. 

You're really happy that the cancer is gone, but you're really pissed that he let you go those 6 months with cancer and thinking you were going to have cancer and die with it. Then the hospital promotes the insane parking lot attendant because he beat the crap out of the doctor every day for the last couple months.

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

I don't  think anyone is unhappy Mac is gone. What we are unhappy about is our owner is a moron who let Mac preside over the most important off offseason in decades and after that job was done, fired him. Why? Why let him set up the team for probably the next 3 years and then fire him?

That said, which deal or pick was so terrible? Mosley is a dramatic upgrade over Lee,  Bell is a superstar RB in his prime on a reasonable deal; KO was a very good deal, G Williams is a stud (and if you liked Oliver, you're still getting a DT); Polite could be a steal; Crowder was a good deal. Mac failed to do everything he could to improve the OL -- which is a failure -- but he certainly didn't leave the Jets in a bad place. We're a better team today than we were a year ago. Just not as much better as we would have hoped re the OL. The sky is actually not falling. In fact it's looking partly cloudy and warm with no sign of rain.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I don't  think anyone is unhappy Mac is gone. What we are unhappy about is our owner is a moron who let Mac preside over the most important off offseason in decades and after that job was done, fired him. Why? Why let him set up the team for probably the next 3 years and then fire him?

Where was this level of outrage when it was thought that Maccagnan would get at least this year?  I didn't see anything resembling this level of b*tching back a week ago.  The prevailing thought was that he was probably going to be fired at the end of this year anyway, so what's the f*cking difference?  Upgrade at the end of the season or upgrade now.

Nothing he did this off-season really f*cked us in the long-term.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

The average Jets fan could have Scarlett Johansson ring their doorbell, sit on their face and they would still complain about it being too cold in the room.

It's comments like this that make me shake my head.  It's more than reasonable to have the opinion that what just took place with our team is utterly absurd.  Gase has done nothing in his career to justify the control and input he is having.  Our ownership has done nothing in their lives and have been showing us at every turn that they are clueless and keep making the same mistakes over and over.

This was an easy one.  Fire Mac and Bowles together.  Go get a GM first, let them hire the coach.  The job would be amazingly attractive (young QB, lots of cap space).  Instead they do this.

We're complaining because of the incompetence.  

What are you so positive about?  Gase has already rubbed our two best players the wrong way (Bell and CJ).  He was fired for his ineptitude as recently as last fall.  And you're jumping for joy.

I think you've got this thing so wrong and I can't understand it.  Wake up brother.  We deserve better.

We haven't been to the postseason in 8 years and have one of the longest stretches of missing the postseason of any team in all four major sports.

And all is well in your world right now?  Raise your expectations.  Geez.

2 hours ago, freestater said:

For years now, we've all been bitching that Macc was a freaking idiot. This s.o.b. presided over one of the worst stretches of Jets football I can remember. His incompetence is the stuff of legend. Hackenberg in the 2nd? Should've been fired right then. We finally ditch this turd and the board is going for the Beningo woe-is-us crap. I get it. Some people didn't like the timing. While I understand, we should be elated that we finally dropped the albatross around our necks. If we actually end up with either of the two guys were connected to, or both, it's going to be a major upgrade. I am ecstatic. Sure, this ass should have been shown the door with Bowles. I really would have preferred someone else running our 2019 draft, but we are past that. Screw Macc and his incompetence. It's over. The media and opposing fans want to talk smack and gloat over the dysfunctional jets? Let them. Get a guy in here that can surround our very talented signal-caller with better protection and weaponz. We'll get the last laugh. With the exception of John Idzik, I think it's hard not to make an improvement at GM. Our collective nightmare is over. Macc is gone. Let's enjoy it.

I f I had seen this I wouldn't have started my dopey thread.

11 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Jesus could come back and announce that He's taking us all up to Heaven for everlasting life, salvation, glory, and eternal happiness and 75% of JetNation would be pissed off about it

we had already prepared ourselves for our drop downwards into the heat

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is such an interesting phenomenon. Nobody on this message board populated by highly-critical, normally polarized, but die-hard fans is actually whining about firing Macc, but the coverage of the firing is universally "SOJ/fans are suicidal/how dare Gase fire Macc/fans are loldumb." There's such a disconnect between the base and the people who ostensibly cover the team that it's almost comical. They need to get off Twitter and get out in the world a little bit. 

Most outsiders think anything they hear Beningo, Greeny and Mehta say are the thoughts of all jets fans.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is such an interesting phenomenon. Nobody on this message board populated by highly-critical, normally polarized, but die-hard fans is actually whining about firing Macc, but the coverage of the firing is universally "SOJ/fans are suicidal/how dare Gase fire Macc/fans are loldumb." There's such a disconnect between the base and the people who ostensibly cover the team that it's almost comical. They need to get off Twitter and get out in the world a little bit. 

Maybe not the Jets fans here so much but on Twitter and on the talk shows all you seem to hear are pissed off fans saying same old Jets, a disgrace of a franchise, etc.    At the end of the day, we gave this guy a very good amount of time, actually putting stability ahead of results.  And the beat guys are especially pissed because they were proven wrong about the firing and no longer have anyone friendly to them in the building.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I think the biggest problem with the fire isn’t that he was fired but when. 

He should have been fired with Bowles. 

If you didn’t do it then? Why not?

I guess you didn’t bother to read the OP. He kinda explains why...

14 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

Macc firing was long overdue.  He sucked monumentally.

It's Gase that's showing to be an issue now.  The guy is nuts.

if i may,.. gase is  THE  issue now    :ahhh:

23 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

You think all is well with our team?

No issues with Gase?  No issues with CJ?

Nothing to see here.

Expect  * ALOT * more.  

* Fixed *   ^ ^

cheers ~ ~

:beer:

Great move by the Jets of firing Macc now!!! Jets got their weapons in free agency we got our coach and our draft picks. now the coach is lighting a fire underneath some of the players asses that they overpaid for that's all. Especially the one that's not in camp ?..