Are you f*#@ing kidding me? Isn't this what we wanted? (merged)

24 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

It's comments like this that make me shake my head.  It's more than reasonable to have the opinion that what just took place with our team is utterly absurd.  Gase has done nothing in his career to justify the control and input he is having.  Our ownership has done nothing in their lives and have been showing us at every turn that they are clueless and keep making the same mistakes over and over.

This was an easy one.  Fire Mac and Bowles together.  Go get a GM first, let them hire the coach.  The job would be amazingly attractive (young QB, lots of cap space).  Instead they do this.

We're complaining because of the incompetence.  

What are you so positive about?  Gase has already rubbed our two best players the wrong way (Bell and CJ).  He was fired for his ineptitude as recently as last fall.  And you're jumping for joy.

I think you've got this thing so wrong and I can't understand it.  Wake up brother.  We deserve better.

We haven't been to the postseason in 8 years and have one of the longest stretches of missing the postseason of any team in all four major sports.

And all is well in your world right now?  Raise your expectations.  Geez.

Yes, everything is pretty much peachy with me.

The Jets have a young QB with huge upside, an offensive minded coach, one of the better RB’s in the league who is a legit gamechanger, and a defense that boasts at least one stud at every level with a f*cking lunatic like Gregg Williams orchestrating it.

And to top it off, we got rid of a mediocre at best GM and are on the verge of replacing him with a dude who spent 16 years with Ozzie Newsome and has played a key role in building those Eagles teams for the last 3 years.

If you guys want to ignore that and continue menstruating all over yourselves, then have at it.   

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

I don't think anyone is too upset with Macc being fired. Some might question the timing, but not the decision itself.

What people are concerned about is the fact that Gase, with all his history in Miami, was quickly rumored to be at odds with the GM here. Many of us dismissed it as rumor, but lo and behold! It was true.

Gase staged a coup, and is now in control of the organization. I can't think of any possible way anyone can feel confident about that, and the fact that CJ let it happen is why we're upset. Anyone who thinks the new GM isn't going to be a Gase lap dog is delusional. Nobody is taking this job without knowing full well who's calling the shots here now. If I were Greg Williams I'd be watching my back. The story was he was forced on Gase as a condition of him getting the HC job. What odds would you give of GW being here in 2020?

How would anyone expect this to be perceived as anything but dysfunctional? We're Jet fans, so we're hoping it ends well, but can anyone really see that happening?

I think there are two potential upsides to this week:

1. Macc is gone - argue with the timing but the result is what ultimately matters in the long term

2. Maybe, just maybe, the Johnsons finally realize they lack the expertise to run a multi-billion dollar sports enterprise and hire a true President of Football Operations (vs. an MBA marketing type like Neil Glat) to insulate them further from the decision making...

Jets fans aren't morons.  We're stating the obvious.

Macc sucked and needed to be fired.  That's great.

Darnold is our future.

But why give the keys to Gase?  Why let Gase, with a questionable record himself, be involved in the hiring of the next GM?  Why let Macc run the draft?

Why poke at Bell and Mosley?

• Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

hahaha the irony.  people on here HATED Macc and I got killed for a long time for supporting the guy and having a "wait and see" approach.

Jets fans are morons.

quote-morons-i-ve-got-morons-on-my-team-

47 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I think the biggest problem with the fire isn’t that he was fired but when. 

He should have been fired with Bowles. 

If you didn’t do it then? Why not?

Because he needed to be convinced that Macc sucks.  You know, the same way a lot of people on this board were called "whiners" for having the audacity to show time and again why Macc sucks, and told things like "He's not getting fired now, so shut up about it."

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, freestater said:

For years now, we've all been bitching that Macc was a freaking idiot. This s.o.b. presided over one of the worst stretches of Jets football I can remember. His incompetence is the stuff of legend. Hackenberg in the 2nd? Should've been fired right then. We finally ditch this turd and the board is going for the Beningo woe-is-us crap. I get it. Some people didn't like the timing. While I understand, we should be elated that we finally dropped the albatross around our necks. If we actually end up with either of the two guys were connected to, or both, it's going to be a major upgrade. I am ecstatic. Sure, this ass should have been shown the door with Bowles. I really would have preferred someone else running our 2019 draft, but we are past that. Screw Macc and his incompetence. It's over. The media and opposing fans want to talk smack and gloat over the dysfunctional jets? Let them. Get a guy in here that can surround our very talented signal-caller with better protection and weaponz. We'll get the last laugh. With the exception of John Idzik, I think it's hard not to make an improvement at GM. Our collective nightmare is over. Macc is gone. Let's enjoy it.

Great post.  Yeah, I just don’t get it.

I have been a Jet fan for decades and I have NEVER felt more uncomfortable with a Jet GM on a day to day basis, than Maccagnan .  I have NEVER felt more uncomfortable than with the last so-called Head Coach, and that includes Lou Holtz, who I’d take any day over Bowles, because at least you’d get some laughs to go with the losing.  But most importantly Holtz would never punt in the opponents territory 2 scores down with 5 minutes left in the 4th Qtr.  Holtz would never kick a FG in the 4th Qtr so he could say “See we lost 30-3 and now my resume won’t include what might have been a shut out”.

Maccagnan and Bowles entire tenure can be seen as huge incompetency coupled with pure cowardice in trying to protect the jobs that deep down they KNEW they didn’t deserve.

The mind numbing just pure stupidity and blatant incompetence of both Maccagnan and Bowles was just too much to take for any Jet fan who has been around longer than a few years.

Sure, Adam Gase is a pure back stabber, but you know that might translate into lots of wins on the football field now that he has one of the top young talents in the league at QB.  Gase is still the same coach who was 11-0 with a healthy Ryan Tannehill.  

As far as Maccagnan goes.  Put a mannequin in his chair holding a cup of Starbucks, set a computer to “Robopick” on draft day....and you are Ions ahead of where you would be with that idiot in the job.

For those crying about his firing, for some reason that I’ll never understand.  The guy STILL doesn’t know what an Oline is....5 YEARS LATER.

One of the greatest days in Jet history...finally firing the second half of what very well could be the worst “GM”/“HC” pairing in NFL history.

And lastly, I’ll say it again, if Gase is just “middle of the pack good”....Jets are winning 10 games this year and getting a Wildcard berth.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

If it was correct now why wasn't it correct to fire him BEFORE FA and the draft ? If he was deemed that incompetent why let him handle the 2 most important aspects of the season in FA and the draft ? 

You have two choices. Both include the fact that he didn’t fire MM months ago and allowed him to run free agency and the draft. That’s a given.

the 2 choices are:

1. Fire him now and let the new team work together for a whole year.

2. Fire him down the road.

it would seem choice 1 should make it a little bit better.

4 hours ago, freestater said:

For years now, we've all been bitching that Macc was a freaking idiot. This s.o.b. presided over one of the worst stretches of Jets football I can remember. His incompetence is the stuff of legend. Hackenberg in the 2nd? Should've been fired right then. We finally ditch this turd and the board is going for the Beningo woe-is-us crap. I get it. Some people didn't like the timing. While I understand, we should be elated that we finally dropped the albatross around our necks. If we actually end up with either of the two guys were connected to, or both, it's going to be a major upgrade. I am ecstatic. Sure, this ass should have been shown the door with Bowles. I really would have preferred someone else running our 2019 draft, but we are past that. Screw Macc and his incompetence. It's over. The media and opposing fans want to talk smack and gloat over the dysfunctional jets? Let them. Get a guy in here that can surround our very talented signal-caller with better protection and weaponz. We'll get the last laugh. With the exception of John Idzik, I think it's hard not to make an improvement at GM. Our collective nightmare is over. Macc is gone. Let's enjoy it.

Jets fans love losers and shart on our winners (Joe Willie, Gastineau, Martin). We deserve being terrible.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Cyberjet said:

You have two choices. Both include the fact that he didn’t fire MM months ago and allowed him to run free agency and the draft. That’s a given.

the 2 choices are:

1. Fire him now and let the new team work together for a whole year.

2. Fire him down the road.

it would seem choice 1 should make it a little bit better.

tumblr_muukc9pOZl1sladr5o1_500.gif

How you do things matters..........

It is one thing to say I want a divorce and I am taking her to court and it is quite another thing to hire someone to beat your spouse up so that she leaves......

Big difference between the two!

Same outcome but one is a plan and the latter is a panic... 

No one wanted MAC to stay.... NO ONE!!

But how in the world  could the Jets allow someone whom they don't believe in to pick the players, design the culture of the team and  to set the financial parameters of the team for years to come and now saddle a new HC and new GM with those decisions!

So now Jets management gets another 4 years to see what happens....

Really???????

Insanity

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

I don't think anyone is too upset with Macc being fired. Some might question the timing, but not the decision itself.

What people are concerned about is the fact that Gase, with all his history in Miami, was quickly rumored to be at odds with the GM here. Many of us dismissed it as rumor, but lo and behold! It was true.

Gase staged a coup, and is now in control of the organization. I can't think of any possible way anyone can feel confident about that, and the fact that CJ let it happen is why we're upset. Anyone who thinks the new GM isn't going to be a Gase lap dog is delusional. Nobody is taking this job without knowing full well who's calling the shots here now. If I were Greg Williams I'd be watching my back. The story was he was forced on Gase as a condition of him getting the HC job. What odds would you give of GW being here in 2020?

How would anyone expect this to be perceived as anything but dysfunctional? We're Jet fans, so we're hoping it ends well, but can anyone really see that happening?

Read the bolded over and over again , Jet fans are feeding into the media frenzy yet again, when will they learn. There doesn't always have to be a scapegoat , but scapegoats sell clicks and news stories. As OZZY proclaimed - The media sells it and you live the role - Crazy Train

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

Read the bolded over and over again , Jet fans are feeding into the media frenzy yet again, when will they learn. There doesn't always have to be a scapegoat , but scapegoats sell clicks and news stories. As OZZY proclaimed - The media sells it and you live the role - Crazy Train

I don't know about anyone else, but my view on this hasn't changed a bit since this was first reported yesterday. The media's reporting on it has had absolutely no effect on my opinion.

Remember last week when Jet fans ridiculed the Pauline report about Macc's job being in jeopardy? Why was that? Because it made no sense that a HC who hadn't even coached a game yet for the Jets could finagle himself into such a position of power in 4 months. Macc had 2 years left on his contract, and wasn't let go in January with Bowles. So when we read that he and Gase were at odds, and heard the rumor about him being let go after the draft, we scoffed. Yet the media (at least some of them) had this right. 

The Jets, and some people here can spin this however they want. In this case the writing is on the wall. There are no conspiracy theories. What happened is what happened. Gase and Macc had a falling out. Gase had ownerships ear, and Macc was let go. Gase even had his successor in mind before it happened. 

I'll be honest with you. If we had fired Macc in January along with Bowles and then hired Douglas, I would've been happy. If Douglas then hired Gase as HC, I would've praised him for picking a coach he could work with. However this is nothing like that. This was CJ getting bamboozled by a sub .500 coach, giving him total control of the operation. Right down to choosing the new GM after he railroaded the prior one. So here we are. For better or worse this is now The Gase Show.

• Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I don't  think anyone is unhappy Mac is gone. What we are unhappy about is our owner is a moron who let Mac preside over the most important off offseason in decades and after that job was done, fired him. Why? Why let him set up the team for probably the next 3 years and then fire him?

Quite simply I think that what Mac did and what he had promised to do (build around Darnold) were quite different. I suspect Chris was believing the explanations Mac was giving him such as no trade value, BAP, blah blah blah, but when Johnson really looked into he discovered that Mac was just doing things his way, not doing what was best for Darnold or the Jets and fired him. I don't think that there is a coup. I just think Chris finally woke up and recognized Mac for the political oriented incompetent GM stuck in football of 20 years ago that he is

6 hours ago, freestater said:

I don't question the outcome.

I absolutely question the timing.

And I absolutely question the cause/motivation, and Gase's relationship to it.

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

For me it's not that Mac has been fired.  He needed to be fired.

It's the reason why and who's in charge.

They didn't fire him because he was a bad GM (if they did he would have been fired with Bowles) CJ fired him because he was intimidated by a lunatic of a HC and then went on to give him full control.

I do not believe that is true at all.

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

How you do things matters..........

It is one thing to say I want a divorce and I am taking her to court and it is quite another thing to hire someone to beat your spouse up so that she leaves......

Big difference between the two!

Same outcome but one is a plan and the latter is a panic... 

No one wanted MAC to stay.... NO ONE!!

But how in the world  could the Jets allow someone whom they don't believe in to pick the players, design the culture of the team and  to set the financial parameters of the team for years to come and now saddle a new HC and new GM with those decisions!

So now Jets management gets another 4 years to see what happens....

Really???????

Insanity

People are not really getting it at all that Johsnon only recently lost confidence in Mac.  Holy hell./

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I don't know about anyone else, but my view on this hasn't changed a bit since this was first reported yesterday. The media's reporting on it has had absolutely no effect on my opinion.

Remember last week when Jet fans ridiculed the Pauline report about Macc's job being in jeopardy? Why was that? Because it made no sense that a HC who hadn't even coached a game yet for the Jets could finagle himself into such a position of power in 4 months. Macc had 2 years left on his contract, and wasn't let go in January with Bowles. So when we read that he and Gase were at odds, and heard the rumor began about him being let go after the draft, we scoffed. Yet the media (at least some of them) had this right. 

The Jets, and some people here can spin this however they want. In this case the writing is on the wall. There are no conspiracy theories. What happened is what happened. Gase and Macc had a falling out. Gase had ownerships ear, and Macc was let go. Gase even had his successor in mind before it happened. 

I'll be honest with you. If we had fired Macc in January along with Bowles and then hired Douglas, I would've been happy. If Douglas then hired Gase as HC, I would've praised him for picking a coach he could work with. However this is nothing like that. This was CJ getting bamboozled by a sub .500 coach, giving him total control of the operation. Right down to choosing the new GM after he railroaded the prior one. So here we are. For better or worse this is now The Gase Show.

But your all assuming Gase was responsible for this based on media rumors and based on his previous tenure in Miami.  Sure signs certainly point that way , but that's what rumors do they prejudice things in a certain light. Do I believe there was some tension between Gase and Mac - absolutely, but I feel this has more to do with inner tensions that flared up between CJ and Mac. 

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Because he needed to be convinced that Macc sucks.  You know, the same way a lot of people on this board were called "whiners" for having the audacity to show time and again why Macc sucks, and told things like "He's not getting fired now, so shut up about it."

I love how some of you dudes are taking credit for this.

So the clueless owner everyone is complaining about all of a sudden became a football guy.

• Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I don't  think anyone is unhappy Mac is gone. What we are unhappy about is our owner is a moron who let Mac preside over the most important off offseason in decades and after that job was done, fired him. Why? Why let him set up the team for probably the next 3 years and then fire him?

well if its any consolation most of macs draft picks last 1-2 years so he only really set up the next year or so

I love how some of you dudes are taking credit for this.
So the clueless owner everyone is complaining about all of a sudden became a football guy.

Yes, we deserve credit. And no, he’s not. He’s deferring to Gase to hire the GM. He’s doing what we wanted: getting his billionaire hands off the football decisions.

10 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

If it was correct now why wasn't it correct to fire him BEFORE FA and the draft ? If he was deemed that incompetent why let him handle the 2 most important aspects of the season in FA and the draft ? 

They gave him one last chance to save his job and he knew it. He had to be good in FA and have a great draft, of course he f*&cked it up and got fired. Case closed, get over it!