stugotz81

Article: Philadelphia Eagles could lose Joe Douglas to the New York Jets, Jets Close to Deal (merged)

52 minutes ago, MasterChiefJets said:

Manish doing his best to create doubt and confusion.

Manish is just getting pissy because people around the league (probably including Douglas) knew Macc was probably getting fired before yesterday....when he found out like the rest of us

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CTJetsFan said:

Is it me or does today feel like Mike McCarthy in January all over again?

Yes, it does. There is that same uncertainty and exciting vibe of what is going to happen next. 

The Jets certainly do make it interesting.

You guys all understand this GM will be an all.or nothing hire..  Gase will not be able to fire the new gm.

HC and GM tenures will now run congruten 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

Manish is just getting pissy because people around the league (probably including Douglas) knew Macc was probably getting fired before yesterday....when he found out like the rest of us

Mehta is a huge Bowles/Macagnan cheerleader

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Wow, this is Joe Douglas? Bart Scott was on the radio yesterday saying he used to bully Joe Douglas when he was with the Ravens. What a dick Bart Scott is, btw. 

joe-douglas.jpg

Bart Scott has an "interesting" memory.  According to Bart he was a legendary leader on the gridiron, a leader on the Jets, and a pleasure to be around.  None of this is true, however.  And none of this matters to Bart.  It's "Bart's World" and welcome to it.

Hope we get this guy.  Great pedigree, and track record as an assistant.  Well respected, and not "rubber stamped" by Charley Casserly.  Slam dunk.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, varjet said:

This is a really terrible tweek by Manish.  He is truly evil.  What point does this serve.

I am sure you all have noticed, but when you read and listen to other teams press, they are always gung-ho/homer/very positive.  Only the Jets breed a coven of bitter, negative journalists, which is probably a reflection of its fans.  

I don't think it is the fans at all, I think if we ever got a homer beat reporter that they would be well regarded and accepted. Hell the bar is so low the best reporter we got is cimini and he is dog sh*t. Seriously no fan base has such garbage coverage. 

On the cusp of a team come back w new coach, uni, franchise QB, signed best RB , mlb and you name the positive story line, we get thier trash.

I mean we got rid of Macc, hallelujah!!

I have read like one positive article about the jets...

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

Who's the odds on favorite to start the eventual "Fire Douglas and Pioli" thread?  

I’m actually waiting for a “Do you think we could miss out on BOTH Douglas and Pioli” thread.

• Haha 2

Worse than that, he was confidently saying it wasn’t going to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Manish is a tool.  Hopefully since Dinger is gone they find a different beat writer and Manish is covering another team.

Would really like to see him go. Mean-spirited, petty and bad at his job.

34 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I hate Manish so much, he's such a garbage journalist. He's just having a b*tchfit because he no longer gets to be the Jets puppet.

• Like 1

Any way we could get Bowles in here for the GM Rooney rule candidate just to see everyones head explode?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Right now, this team is a career killer. No one ever emerges on the other side clean. Lack of organizational structure just chews people up.

Maybe Dolan needs a drummer.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Right now, this team is a career killer. No one ever emerges on the other side clean. Lack of organizational structure just chews people up.

considering this team has had one winning season since drafting Mo, no one has deserved the next step, Jets gave them an opportunity and they failed, they have all gone back and got jobs

Idzik is still employed, trader Mike had a job for a long time, Rex had another job, Mangini had a couple - Mac to Tampa? lol

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Maybe Dolan needs a drummer.

Dolan should buy the Jets. He already ruined my childhood favorite team the Knicks. Why not ruin the Jets for me too. I hate being loyal to teams “just because”. This is especially true when you hate the ownership and don’t approve of or believe in how they are being run and can’t do anything about it.

I wonder why I bother rooting for a team when I feel personally insulted by how little they care about their fans and put out an unacceptable product. We can see right through the bullsh*t since the Jets make a ton of revenue (one of the best in the league), despite being terrible. They do not care about winning as much as they should. The Johnson’s interests are not aligned with the die hard fans and it’s sickening.

They truly are Dolan level terrible and if they ruin Sam or Sam wants to get the hell out of here for the sake of his career, I’ll finally say F this team. They would have squandered the potential golden opportunity (I say potential because Sam still has to prove himself but he looks special). 

Dolan should buy the Jets. He already ruined my childhood favorite team the Knicks. Why not ruin the Jets for me too. I hate being loyal to teams “just because”. This is especially true when you hate the ownership and don’t approve of or believe in how they are being run and can’t do anything about it.
I wonder why I bother rooting for a team when I feel personally insulted by how little they care about their fans and put out an unacceptable product. We can see right through the bullsh*t since the Jets make a ton of revenue (one of the best in the league), despite being terrible. They do not care about winning as much as they should. The Johnson’s interests are not aligned with the die hard fans and it’s sickening.
They truly are Dolan level terrible and if they ruin Sam or Sam wants to get the hell out of here for the sake of his career, I’ll finally say F this team. They would have squandered the potential golden opportunity (I say potential because Sam still has to prove himself but he looks special). 

What am I missing here? We got rid of a terrible GM whom by all accounts was a cuck and plain awful. Who cares how the media spins it. It’s May and this is blood in the water for those hacks. The team is good, if this Alpha megalomaniac coach can win that is all that matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

53 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

What am I missing here? We got rid of a terrible GM whom by all accounts was a cuck and plain awful. Who cares how the media spins it. It’s May and this is blood in the water for those hacks. The team is good, if this Alpha megalomaniac coach can win that is all that matters.

This has NOTHING to do with that. It has to do with how horrible he Johnson’s have been as a whole and my fear of them ruining Darnold with poor decisions. 

• Upvote 2

Cuck?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Apache 51 said:

Yes that why i posted to you......with Devil sweater pic. He should  turn everything around out there, good man wishing you luck.  Oh and Phuck the Rangers too.

Thanks man I agree 100 percent.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Creepy Lurker said:

This has NOTHING to do with that. It has to do with how horrible he Johnson’s have been as a whole and my fear of them ruining Darnold with poor decisions. 

I get that. However I see the Mac firing as something Gase started putting in Christopher Johnson's head after they failed to land Paradis because Mac was too busy bidding against himself for Le'Veon Bell.  I think Mac's failure to move down from the #3 pick was the last straw, hence the rumors of Mac being fired surfacing on the morning after the first round.

Gase appears to have wanted to really beef up the O-Line, which we should all be happy about. It means his priorities are in order. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Gase appears to have wanted to really beef up the O-Line, which we should all be happy about. It means his priorities are in order. 

None of the leaks that I have heard have seemed to indicate this at all. In fact, I thought I heard that Gase was fine at Center.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Creepy Lurker said:

If this ownership ruins Sam or Sam leaves and plays great elsewhere I'd probably change my allegiance. I'd still have a soft spot for the Jets but getting, IMO, the best QB to wear the green and white and destroying him is grounds for such action.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

None of the leaks that I have heard have seemed to indicate this at all. In fact, I thought I heard that Gase was fine at Center.

I've been watching so many shows where this whole thing has been discussed, so I can't remember where I heard it, but on one of them it was said that Gase was really pissed when they didn't sign Paradis.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

To the point.

Mehta is toast. The Daily News is floundering and that ship is going down. So is Mehta. He probably thought he would get a job with the Jets in some capacity and now those dreams are dead.

Macc is gone. Say it with me. MACC IS GONE. Hopefully Douglas takes the job and this is the start of something good. I must admit I am not a fan of Gase or his hiring. I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt at this point but I have reservations. Going forward all we can do is watch and see how it plays out. The one thing to take from all this is that Macc and his indecision are gone. That in and of itself is a positive.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

Any way we could get Bowles in here for the GM Rooney rule candidate just to see everyones head explode?

Isn’t the Rooney Rule people keep whining about just for head coaches

1 minute ago, JetFaninMI said:

Mehta is toast. The Daily News is floundering and that ship is going down. So is Mehta. He probably thought he would get a job with the Jets in some capacity and now those dreams are dead.

Macc is gone. Say it with me. MACC IS GONE. Hopefully Douglas takes the job and this is the start of something good. I must admit I am not a fan of Gase or his hiring. I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt at this point but I have reservations. Going forward all we can do is watch and see how it plays out. The one thing to take from all this is that Macc and his indecision are gone. That in and of itself is a positive.

I’ll take Douglas or Peyton Manning.  I’m sure Manning is bored managing a papa johns and doing Nationwide commercials 

13 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

If this ownership ruins Sam or Sam leaves and plays great elsewhere I'd probably change my allegiance. I'd still have a soft spot for the Jets but getting, IMO, the best QB to wear the green and white and destroying him is grounds for such action.

Best way to ruin Sam is get him no Wide Receivers which Mac failed to do

• Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Isn’t the Rooney Rule people keep whining about just for head coaches

No it applies to front office hires as well.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

We're not there yet.  Come in off the ledge and see what happens.

13 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

No it applies to front office hires as well.

Two words: OJ

5 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

The Daily News is barely in business. It won't be long until Mehta is looking for work.

DN ownership was offered the chance to be partners with the NY Post's printing operations several years ago. The Post also on paper loses money, but the printing operations are a mint, churning out community papers, advertising circulars, supermarket ads, mailings. The geniuses that own the DN turned it down(think Blockbuster turning down the chance to go 50/50 with Netflix level stupid). But they still overpay Mike Lupica to use the work "and" when a comma will do so....

• Upvote 1