Jump to content
stugotz81

Article: Philadelphia Eagles could lose Joe Douglas to the New York Jets, Jets Close to Deal (merged)

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Isn’t the Rooney Rule people keep whining about just for head coaches

Thought the same, was informed yesterday  in 2009 it was expanded down to the janitorial level.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bruce Harper said:

We're not there yet.  Come in off the ledge and see what happens.

Haha oo I know, this is a 5 year plan. I'm way more optimistic than most fans. I actually defended the timing of the Mac firing on my channel. Looking forward to making a new video when we hire our new GM.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bugg said:

The Daily News is barely in business. It won't be long until Mehta is looking for work.

DN ownership was offered the chance to be partners with the NY Post's printing operations several years ago. The Post also on paper loses money, but the printing operations are a mint, churning out community papers, advertising circulars, supermarket ads, mailings. The geniuses that own the DN turned it down(think Blockbuster turning down the chance to go 50/50 with Netflix level stupid). But they still overpay Mike Lupica to use the work "and" when a comma will do so....

I really don't like Manish, although I really don't like the media in general. Too much stuff is written without critical thinking. That's the biggest reason I started my channel. No BS narratives.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So what's going on here?  Homeboy is turning down 1 of 32 jobs in the entire world and dissing his homeboy in the process?

Wonder why? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JiF said:

So what's going on here?  Homeboy is turning down 1 of 32 jobs in the entire world and dissing his homeboy in the process?

Wonder why? 

Cuz homeboys boss is a fn mess. And homeboy ain’t about that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is god's name is the holdup? Gase & Chris Johnson need to go visit Douglas, tell him Bart Scott can't hurt him no-more and slip him a check that's around ~10% higher than market value.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I just have this crazy feeling that DESPITE Macc not fulfilling the need for more Olineman & a maybe a WR or CB, that this will end up being Maccs best draft & free agency yet, lol. THAT WOULD BE JETSY! 

GM has absolutely horrific drafts since 2015, misses badly by drafting Hackenberg in the 2nd round, Darnold falls in his lap after a crazy shot of drafting up in 2018, gets fired after 2019 free agency & draft, Darnold turns into a f*cking stud in 2019, Bell runs with a chip on his shoulder with KO, Harrison & Wesco leading the way, Crowder is top 10 in receptions from the slot, Trumaine has a great year playing for Gregg Williams. CJ Mosely, Adams, Maye, Poole lead a defensive resurgence for Gang Green while Q.Williams is the new Warren Sapp, and Leonard Williams finds his groove playing next to him. Jackai Polite leads all rookies in sacks and Blake Cashman & Dortch are special teams demons.

All of this taking place while Macc is watching from a Buffalo Wild Wings in Sugarland Texas.

Yea I agree, I think this was Mac's best off-season and he won't reap the benefits haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

What is god's name is the holdup? Gase & Chris Johnson need to go visit Douglas, tell him Bart Scott can't hurt him no-more and slip him a check that's around ~10% higher than market value.

there is the rooney rule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Yea I agree, I think this was Mac's best off-season and he won't reap the benefits haha

While I didn't love Macc, I didn't hate either, I'm completely indifferent because this organization can never seem to get this GM/Scouting thing right. From Pat Kerwin to Bradway, Parcells sucked at drafting, Mangini/Tanny had some success, to Idzik, than Macc, I've always thought a group of the top 5 posters here could do a better job of assembling a team. 

After Fitz/McCown, I was on board with taking a freaking QB EVERY YEAR! After Macc took Hack, he could have still had Watson or Mahomes, instead of DTs, a safety, and a bunch of missed draft picks. To this day, I can't believe how often we ignored the QB position. 

The Giants passing on Darnold will haunt them for a long time if we can get a GM in here to surround the youngster with talent & a coach (hopefully Gase), to implement a system for him to succeed.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jetster said:

While I didn't love Macc, I didn't hate either, I'm completely indifferent because this organization can never seem to get this GM/Scouting thing right. From Pat Kerwin to Bradway, Parcells sucked at drafting, Mangini/Tanny had some success, to Idzik, than Macc, I've always thought a group of the top 5 posters here could do a better job of assembling a team. 

After Fitz/McCown, I was on board with taking a freaking QB EVERY YEAR! After Macc took Hack, he could have still had Watson or Mahomes, instead of DTs, a safety, and a bunch of missed draft picks. To this day, I can't believe how often we ignored the QB position. 

The Giants passing on Darnold will haunt them for a long time if we can get a GM in here to surround the youngster with talent & a coach (hopefully Gase), to implement a system for him to succeed.

in truth, mccagnan's legacy may well come down to how darnold does in his career.  but if the giants didn't mess up and took him, the jets probably would have taken rosen and then if he played like he did last year for the jets this place would be a disaster.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

What is god's name is the holdup? Gase & Chris Johnson need to go visit Douglas, tell him Bart Scott can't hurt him no-more and slip him a check that's around ~10% higher than market value.

Serious question:  Does the Rooney Rule apply to GMs or just to coaches?

Edit:  Nevermind, Google told me it does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

I really don't like Manish, although I really don't like the media in general. Too much stuff is written without critical thinking. That's the biggest reason I started my channel. No BS narratives.

Off topic but I was a little buzzed first time I watched one of your videos and I was stoned/fascinated with the jet that flies into the helmet during the intro.  I rewound it flying like 20x in a row lol.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JiF said:

So what's going on here?  Homeboy is turning down 1 of 32 jobs in the entire world and dissing his homeboy in the process?

Wonder why? 

Dont they have to announce that they interviewed a candidate first?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jetster said:

I just have this crazy feeling that DESPITE Macc not fulfilling the need for more Olineman & a maybe a WR or CB, that this will end up being Maccs best draft & free agency yet, lol. THAT WOULD BE JETSY! 

GM has absolutely horrific drafts since 2015, misses badly by drafting Hackenberg in the 2nd round, Darnold falls in his lap after a crazy shot of drafting up in 2018, gets fired after 2019 free agency & draft, Darnold turns into a f*cking stud in 2019, Bell runs with a chip on his shoulder with KO, Harrison & Wesco leading the way, Crowder is top 10 in receptions from the slot, Trumaine has a great year playing for Gregg Williams. CJ Mosely, Adams, Maye, Poole lead a defensive resurgence for Gang Green while Q.Williams is the new Warren Sapp, and Leonard Williams finds his groove playing next to him. Jackai Polite leads all rookies in sacks and Blake Cashman & Dortch are special teams demons.

All of this taking place while Macc is watching from a Buffalo Wild Wings in Sugarland Texas.

It would be a good story (and great for the Jets) but I'm not optimistic about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jetster said:

I just have this crazy feeling that DESPITE Macc not fulfilling the need for more Olineman & a maybe a WR or CB, that this will end up being Maccs best draft & free agency yet, lol. THAT WOULD BE JETSY! 

GM has absolutely horrific drafts since 2015, misses badly by drafting Hackenberg in the 2nd round, Darnold falls in his lap after a crazy shot of drafting up in 2018, gets fired after 2019 free agency & draft, Darnold turns into a f*cking stud in 2019, Bell runs with a chip on his shoulder with KO, Harrison & Wesco leading the way, Crowder is top 10 in receptions from the slot, Trumaine has a great year playing for Gregg Williams. CJ Mosely, Adams, Maye, Poole lead a defensive resurgence for Gang Green while Q.Williams is the new Warren Sapp, and Leonard Williams finds his groove playing next to him. Jackai Polite leads all rookies in sacks and Blake Cashman & Dortch are special teams demons.

All of this taking place while Macc is watching from a Buffalo Wild Wings in Sugarland Texas.

This would be best case scenario. Then the new gm next year goes offensive. And we’re a contender for years to come

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

Off topic but I was a little buzzed first time I watched one of your videos and I was stoned/fascinated with the jet that flies into the helmet during the intro.  I rewound it flying like 20x in a row lol.

Pretty sure I was stoney bologna when I made it 😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jetster said:

I just have this crazy feeling that DESPITE Macc not fulfilling the need for more Olineman & a maybe a WR or CB, that this will end up being Maccs best draft & free agency yet, lol. THAT WOULD BE JETSY! 

GM has absolutely horrific drafts since 2015, misses badly by drafting Hackenberg in the 2nd round, Darnold falls in his lap after a crazy shot of drafting up in 2018, gets fired after 2019 free agency & draft, Darnold turns into a f*cking stud in 2019, Bell runs with a chip on his shoulder with KO, Harrison & Wesco leading the way, Crowder is top 10 in receptions from the slot, Trumaine has a great year playing for Gregg Williams. CJ Mosely, Adams, Maye, Poole lead a defensive resurgence for Gang Green while Q.Williams is the new Warren Sapp, and Leonard Williams finds his groove playing next to him. Jackai Polite leads all rookies in sacks and Blake Cashman & Dortch are special teams demons.

All of this taking place while Macc is watching from a Buffalo Wild Wings in Sugarland Texas.

It is going to be funny. While acknowledging how poorly Macc held the GM position here, the logic behind most of the support for keeping him was that he was past most of the mistake making period. That he might actually be getting a handle on it. This was an above average offseason. The worst part was the HC hire and maybe the Barr situation.  I'm oak with him being gone as long as we hire someone legit. That "done deal" everyone was talking about is taking a little longer than I'd like. 

I'm so tired of giving guys their first crack at this gig. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

It is going to be funny. While acknowledging how poorly Macc held the GM position here, the logic behind most of the support for keeping him was that he was past most of the mistake making period. That he might actually be getting a handle on it. This was an above average offseason. The worst part was the HC hire and maybe the Barr situation.  I'm oak with him being gone as long as we hire someone legit. That "done deal" everyone was talking about is taking a little longer than I'd like. 

I'm so tired of giving guys their first crack at this gig. 

The media coverage of the NFL 24/7 is totally out of hand. They make it seem like firing someone at any other time than when they think it should take place is a crime. 90% of this fan base wanted Macc gone with Bowles. It didn't happen, but, we had a pretty good offseason. He targetted skill players still in their prime, unlike LT in getting Bell, Crowder is a great route runner, KO his a huge upgrade over Long/Carpenter. Mosely is a bit overpaid but so was Bart Scott but the attitude they bring with them is worth the xtra 3 million.

Sure, we still need lineman, but they don't grow on trees & unless you wanted to make the 1 year wonder (Trent Brown), the highest lineman you need to develop some young guys (that's Pollacks job isn't it?). I wanted Brown too, but that contract was RIDICULOUS! I think this was his best draft ever here, it helps that QW dropped again in his lap & while Leonard Williams got accolades coming out of USC, it was NOTHING like what has been said about QWs potential. 

If Williams can get everything out of Polite? Yea baby, that guy has serious SEC tape! Then you add Chuma & Wesco for more protection for Sam. Everyone was so pointed to Oline that initially this draft was like a WTF draft, but most sane fans, myself included always thought based on the roster after lucking into Darnold 2020 free agency & draft would be the finisher for this roster. 

We'll see what happens, but there are enough decent players here to have an exciting season. In 2014 you could look at this team & say they're going to suck. A lot of people are making that mistake with this team because I think Gase has a lot more to work with here out of the gate than he did with Miami & Gregg Williams won't sit on leads like Bowles/Rogers ALWAYS DID. Can't wait.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, slats said:

I don't know about the OL specifics, but there would seem to be little doubt that Gase was frustrated with Maccagnan, and he doesn't seem like the kind of guy who keeps irritations like that to himself. 

But I don't think this was a straight-up coup. Chris Johnson inherited the Milquetoast Duo, and that's what a football operation looked like to him. Still, he understood that the organization needed more energy and leadership and replaced Bowles with Gase. Then he watches this off season unfold, and compared to Gase, Maccagnan is looking meek and indecisive. Gase's grumblings may've played a role in CJ's decision, but I think it was just CJ watching Maccagnan operate closely for the first time and realizing he didn't like it. 

Yeah, the timing wasn't the best, but what are they supposed to do? Wait until next January because that's the only good-looking time to change GMs? No, this was the next best time to make a move. The new front office will be in place all season working together and planning for what they need next off season - which really should be just some finishing touches. 

This guy understands... Reads past the media bs

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jetster said:

The media coverage of the NFL 24/7 is totally out of hand. They make it seem like firing someone at any other time than when they think it should take place is a crime. 90% of this fan base wanted Macc gone with Bowles. It didn't happen, but, we had a pretty good offseason. He targetted skill players still in their prime, unlike LT in getting Bell, Crowder is a great route runner, KO his a huge upgrade over Long/Carpenter. Mosely is a bit overpaid but so was Bart Scott but the attitude they bring with them is worth the xtra 3 million.

Sure, we still need lineman, but they don't grow on trees & unless you wanted to make the 1 year wonder (Trent Brown), the highest lineman you need to develop some young guys (that's Pollacks job isn't it?). I wanted Brown too, but that contract was RIDICULOUS! I think this was his best draft ever here, it helps that QW dropped again in his lap & while Leonard Williams got accolades coming out of USC, it was NOTHING like what has been said about QWs potential. 

If Williams can get everything out of Polite? Yea baby, that guy has serious SEC tape! Then you add Chuma & Wesco for more protection for Sam. Everyone was so pointed to Oline that initially this draft was like a WTF draft, but most sane fans, myself included always thought based on the roster after lucking into Darnold 2020 free agency & draft would be the finisher for this roster. 

We'll see what happens, but there are enough decent players here to have an exciting season. In 2014 you could look at this team & say they're going to suck. A lot of people are making that mistake with this team because I think Gase has a lot more to work with here out of the gate than he did with Miami & Gregg Williams won't sit on leads like Bowles/Rogers ALWAYS DID. Can't wait.

Exactly.. Even though they might have had a better time to fire the gm.  I respect the owner that doesn't make a rash decision... Realizes he doesn't understand the business. Spends the time to learn the job. Observes the company more closely and moves on from the guy that EVERYONE WANTED GONE. This is out of hand the stupid woe is me from franchise that finally moved on from a guy that was holding them back... 

I think that now CJ has more of an idea  of what should be happening that he won't let this go bad..

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, slats said:

I don't know about the OL specifics, but there would seem to be little doubt that Gase was frustrated with Maccagnan, and he doesn't seem like the kind of guy who keeps irritations like that to himself. 

But I don't think this was a straight-up coup. Chris Johnson inherited the Milquetoast Duo, and that's what a football operation looked like to him. Still, he understood that the organization needed more energy and leadership and replaced Bowles with Gase. Then he watches this off season unfold, and compared to Gase, Maccagnan is looking meek and indecisive. Gase's grumblings may've played a role in CJ's decision, but I think it was just CJ watching Maccagnan operate closely for the first time and realizing he didn't like it. 

Yeah, the timing wasn't the best, but what are they supposed to do? Wait until next January because that's the only good-looking time to change GMs? No, this was the next best time to make a move. The new front office will be in place all season working together and planning for what they need next off season - which really should be just some finishing touches. 

I think you're giving CJ way too much credit. 

As far as I'm concerned there's no rationalizing this.  He hired a failure head coach that alienated his players and owner....then allowed a GM to spend $100mm and run the draft..then decided to fire the guy.

Just can't look at this and say the guy is anything but a buffoon.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

calm down and take a deep breath.  regardless of what anyone thinks this is the die that was tossed and we'll see soon enough if gase brings a good team to the field.  sure, mac did get some decent players but he was still about 7-10 players short of having a nicely balanced and deep team.  but he's gone because he didn't get those 7-10 players and there are still some serious holes or positions in flux.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2019 at 11:30 AM, Patriot Killa said:

How much contact could they have had? Ones a LBer and the other was a low level scout at the time

Bart’s probably just being a dick lol.

or he was just kidding?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...