Eagles trying to get Douglas to stay. Painting Jets as Sh—t show.

Fans and the organization going crazy over potentially losing this guy. You’d think they’re losing Carson Wentz with the way they talk. Is he really that great? If so, you gotttttaaaa reel him in.

What’s interesting is if this was the plan and he pulls a Barr on us. They should be wrapping this up quick if they want to get it done. It’s not hard for someone to second guess coming into this $hitshow of an org.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Fans and the organization going crazy over potentially losing this guy. You’d think they’re losing Carson Wentz with the way they talk. Is he really that great? If so, you gotttttaaaa reel him in.

based on the thread title. it's not hard to paint the JETS as a sh*t show. I agree completely with the firing of Mac, the timing is bad, and not firing him with Bowles and allowing Mac to handle FA and Draft is dumb, hence sh*t show.

I said from day 1 and it was not popular we fire both Bowles and Mac, and sign Reggie Mckenzie and Mike McCarthy, because this offseason needed to be about SAM and his development and weapons.

I am not calling for Gase's head yet, but it won't take me long if this year is a bomb. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

If you want to hire Douglas you (the JETS) know how they have to word the contract language, even if it means that JD doesn't have 100% control. 

If you are Douglas and a team wants to hire you as a GM you have to think that you would jump at the chance. 

Douglas either wants the job, or he doesn't.

If he can be tempted to stay in Philly for a new job title and a raise, he wasn't the right guy for the job anyway.

If he wants to be his own man, he will take the Jets' job. I have a feeling he takes our offer.

• Upvote 4

Rumor has it that the Johnson’s have been skimpy with what they pay Coaches/Front office types.

That appears to be changing.  

They will need to pay Douglas a lot of money to come here.  Douglas will always be behind Roseman in Philadelphia.  This is a chance for him to be the Big Guy, but he needs the title and the salary.  

FWIW, he has a much better background today than what Mac was 4 years ago.  

There is really nothing to blow. They offered him the job. If he wants it he will take it. Unless they want to make him their next GM I don't see how he stays. Unless the Eagles are  going to give the guy a ton of money and a title that makes him want to stay I don't see why he would. The ball is in his court. Take the job or move on

14 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Not sure how they could screw it up.  

Offer the job and see if he takes it.  Right?

If he takes it, cool.  If not, find someone else.

Offer him a ton of money and somehow reassure him (ideally contractually) that he, not crazy-eyes, is in charge.  

15 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Not sure how they could screw it up.  

Offer the job and see if he takes it.  Right?

If he takes it, cool.  If not, find someone else.

That's not how things work on the board.

Any player, coach, front office person the Jets don't land is a screw up by the owners.

While every player, coach, front office person they do manage to sign is immediately a loser for even considering the Jets.

• Haha 2