Eagles trying to get Douglas to stay. Painting Jets as Sh—t show.

11 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

In the last 25 years minus a few bad years, few, you could go into the stadium having the thought we can win this game or gonna win this game no matter who showed up and the stadium was all green and raring to go unfortunately can't say the same for the Jets, not even close, elite no, consistently good and a game day like no other, U bet. 

Who cares?  Is the courtroom and jail still in the basement of the stadium like no other. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Whats going on that cant be made up here?

That Philly is trying to keep a good personnel guy on the payroll?  

Thats funny on what level?

Painting us as a "sh-tshow." If they wanted him to stay with more money, that would be one thing. As well as the fact that the Johnsons had better up an offer and not be stingy if they want him.

• Sympathy 1

Honestly, I don't know why everyone is wanting to bribe Douglas? He is a good candidate, but it looks to me as if Gase is shooting for control hence hiring a stiff that's nothing more than a face?

Everyone is nervous right now, I'd imagine? I feel a little nervous myself. I know when stuff like this happens the uncertainty gets people worried?

But honestly there's no need to be? The Jets have some excellent players in place. They still have almost 40 million under the cap and two young franchise type players in Adams and Darnold. A GM candidate would never get so lucky to have a roster like that for their first gig.

5 minutes ago, MasterChiefJets said:

Painting us as a "sh-tshow." If they wanted him to stay with more money, that would be one thing. As well as the fact that the Johnsons had better up an offer and not be stingy if they want him.

So we cant make up that they may be painting it as a shlt show?  Maybe?

And of course, we hate ourselves so we assume that they'll try and save a few bucks low balling him?  Based on?

Maybe they could just point a finger their own way.  This is a Philly team that hired Kelly a few years back after scape goating Andy Reid.  Kelly then forced his GM ou of the way, wanted total control over personnel moves and got it.  Took a team that was poised to win into the toilet.  That kind of shlt show?

2 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

I know when stuff like this happens the uncertainty gets people worried?

But honestly there's no need to be? The Jets have some excellent players in place. They still have almost 40 million under the cap and two young franchise type players in Adams and Darnold. A GM candidate would never get so lucky to have a roster like that for their first gig.

Damn straight.

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And of course, we hate ourselves so we assume that they'll try and save a few bucks low balling him?  Based on?

Maybe they could just point a finger their own way.  This is a Philly team that hired Kelly a few years back after scape goating Andy Reid.  Kelly then forced his GM ou of the way, wanted total control over personnel moves and got it.  Took a team that was poised to win into the toilet.  That kind of shlt show?

Since Kelly left, the Philly front office has operated very smartly and shown adept management.

-They manage the cap expertly.

-They handle compensation picks very well.

-Their drafting has been average to slightly above average.

-They have not been timid in making moves, and many of those moves have worked.

Andy Reid did not get scapegoated. He earned his way out of town and worn out his welcome. Ownership screwed up by falling in love with Chip Kelly.

They corrected that and let the adults manage football. Something the jets have been unable to fathom.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

What’s interesting is if this was the plan and he pulls a Barr on us. They should be wrapping this up quick if they want to get it done. It’s not hard for someone to second guess coming into this $hitshow of an org.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

NOT a circus or any other derogatory word you want to use...Why?  Because the Jets now have GOT THE QB.  Why Mike McCarthy was begging to come to NY.  He never would have, pre-Darnold.

NY is the pinnacle.  If the guy wants to stay in that little sh*thole of a city called Philadelphia be my guest.

Someone else will own the glory as Darnold leads many many deep play off runs over the next decade.

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

what happened after that

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

Well we are, in fact, a sh*t show. 

Doesn’t mean this isn’t an attractive job. If you’re looking for good at what you do, then all you need is an opportunity 

True. Isn't the whole point for a guy like Douglas that he will be brilliant enough to turn us into a success? Also, he's close to Gase, so he's already got a buddy.

31 minutes ago, norm428 said:

Have we even asked for permission to talk to him? Can't hire him until we get permission and then there's that Rooney Rule thing. Hope this doesn't drag out.

I think this is a very important point. The reason the Jets couldn't have a replacement named immediately upon Macc's firing was that they needed to, at the very least, interview one minority candidate. For all we know, Douglas already has bags packed. 

Organizations can change, if they want to:

• The Browns appear to have corrected their course, giving Dorsey more control and Haslam restraining himself.
  • The Pegulas in Buffalo seem to be letting Beane and McDermott work together.  They will surprise people.
  • The Rams were a mess, and now seem to be on the right track.  
  • Snyder and the Redskins are what they are.
  • The Giants were considered among the Class of the NFL, and now are no longer.

The Johnsons can fix this, or make it alot better, if they admit their problem and make change.  I am not optimistic.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, varjet said:

Organizations can change, if they want to:

• The Browns appear to have corrected their course, giving Dorsey more control and Haslam restraining himself.
  • The Pegulas in Buffalo seem to be letting Beane and McDermott work together.  They will surprise people.
  • The Rams were a mess, and now seem to be on the right track.  
  • Snyder and the Redskins are what they are.
  • The Giants were considered among the Class of the NFL, and now are no longer.

The Johnsons can fix this, or make it alot better, if they admit their problem and make change.  I am not optimistic.  

You know what helps tremendously in this area? Hiring someone with an acumen for managing NFL personnel managers. Like say a VP of Personnel? 

It is ok for the Johnson's to admit they have no idea how to run a front office NFL organization. Hire people that do.

7 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

True. Isn't the whole point for a guy like Douglas that he will be brilliant enough to turn us into a success? Also, he's close to Gase, so he's already got a buddy.

Exactly. Let’s say for the sake of argument that Joe has the right kind of stuff to be a successful GM. It doesn’t matter if this place is a mess. That’s the nature of the work. They’re hiring you to come in and fix it. 

Shouldn’t scare away a competent candidate unless they thought they weren’t going to be allowed to do their thing - which in this case, I think Ownership is saying the opposite. Here’s the keys. 

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

No, I think the concern is that the Jets seemed to have made they fired Mac with a clear plan.  On the surface it made this move more palatable to me - They had JD basically locked up.

But if it turns the guy they thought they had locked up as part of this plan - stays in Philly.  It just shows the further disfunction of this organization.

That ship has sailed, you just fired a boob after letting him run the most important offseason in quite some time. If Darnold ends up working out, we have what 3 seasons of him being cheap? Its going to take 2 years before Macs paw prints arent heavily all over this roster 

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Exactly. Let’s say for the sake of argument that Joe has the right kind of stuff to be a successful GM. It doesn’t matter if this place is a mess. That’s the nature of the work. They’re hiring you to come in and fix it. 

Shouldn’t scare away a competent candidate unless they thought they weren’t going to be allowed to do their thing - which in this case, I think Ownership is saying the opposite. Here’s the keys. 

The Eagles are doing whatever they can to keep him. 

4 minutes ago, CTM said:

That ship has sailed, you just fired a boob after letting him run the most important offseason in quite some time. If Darnold ends of working out, we have what 3 seasons of him being cheap? Its going to take 2 years before Macs paw prints arent heavily all over this roster 

So, 2022 it is!!!!!!

55 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Since Kelly left, the Philly front office has operated very smartly and shown adept management.

-They manage the cap expertly.

-They handle compensation picks very well.

-Their drafting has been average to slightly above average.

-They have not been timid in making moves, and many of those moves have worked.

Andy Reid did not get scapegoated. He earned his way out of town and worn out his welcome. Ownership screwed up by falling in love with Chip Kelly.

They corrected that and let the adults manage football. Something the jets have been unable to fathom.

I gett this.  But he was a part of that FO that accomplished this.  After being a shlt show

And he came into that shlt show and saw what it became later.

Thats kind of the point given they're supposedly calling us a sh;t show

This is beginning to have familiar feel to it. Everyone assumes the Jets "have their guy". Then day after day goes by, until we realize they don't. They rinse, repeat and end up with their 4th choice.

...and we all know how that movie ends.