Eagles trying to get Douglas to stay. Painting Jets as Sh—t show.

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

That's not how things work on the board.

Any player, coach, front office person the Jets don't land is a screw up by the owners.

While every player, coach, front office person they do manage to sign is immediately a loser for even considering the Jets.

You know how you get away from this? Offer him a contract and disclose the contract terms. Full transparency to avoid any conspiratorial bickering from the fanbase. It's not hard. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Douglas either wants the job, or he doesn't.

If he can be tempted to stay in Philly for a new job title and a raise, he wasn't the right guy for the job anyway.

If he wants to be his own man, he will take the Jets' job. I have a feeling he takes our offer.

If he wants to "be his own man", he isn't coming here to work under Gase.

If he wants the title of GM on his office door and more money then he's making now, he will.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

You know how you get away from this? Offer him a contract and disclose the contract terms. Full transparency to avoid any conspiratorial bickering from the fanbase. It's not hard. 

If you're a premier organization, you want to brag about how much you're paying your coach and GM. It's a recruiting tool. Hiding that information is the opposite of a recruiting tool. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Stark said:

based on the thread title. it's not hard to paint the JETS as a sh*t show. I agree completely with the firing of Mac, the timing is bad, and not firing him with Bowles and allowing Mac to handle FA and Draft is dumb, hence sh*t show.

I said from day 1 and it was not popular we fire both Bowles and Mac, and sign Reggie Mckenzie and Mike McCarthy, because this offseason needed to be about SAM and his development and weapons.

I am not calling for Gase's head yet, but it won't take me long if this year is a bomb. 

Right.  The Jets just fired  the final remnants of the sh*t show.  talent ain't bad

Timing my azz, who really cares about the timing? If you think you can get Joe Douglas & he's the man you want for the job you get Joe Douglas!

Joe Douglas would be crazy not to take this Jets job now that Sam Darnold is behind center & you have an offensive coach. How many times do fans come here & say franchise QBs make GMs look good? 

I mean, if you looked over from Philly & saw Fitz or McCown you'd be like, what are you crazy? I'd be shocked if this Douglas guy wouldn't want to ride the crazy train of Gase, Darnold, Bell in his 1st season. 

This team has a foundation, they just have to build a wall around Sam. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Fans and the organization going crazy over potentially losing this guy. You’d think they’re losing Carson Wentz with the way they talk. Is he really that great? If so, you gotttttaaaa reel him in.

Or its a masterful Head Fake by Douglas to get a raise!!  :tongue2:

His agent drops a tip on a reporter and lets the fire spread. The best thing about taking the Jets job is that any competent person can't do any worse! 

Image result for head fake gif

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MasterChiefJets said:

If it comes down to the Johnson's being stingy again...

It's frustrating because there's no excuse not to pay these guys. There's no salary cap. The franchise is exceedingly profitable. They know they have problems attracting top-tier executive talent, and they know what it costs for these guys to live in the tri-state area and work for a substandard organization. There's a surcharge to all of that, and yet they want to nickel and dime these guys. 

• Upvote 4

Here is my grim prediction, Pioli has resigned his post because he thinks the jets have offered him the job when in reality they contacted him, showed interest and are really after Douglas.

In the end the Jets will have offered the same job to two people and will look like a true shot show.

15 minutes ago, CTM said:

Lol, most of you guys didn't know who Joe Douglass was 3 months ago, now we "need" to get him or we've screwed it up?

No, I think the concern is that the Jets seemed to have made they fired Mac with a clear plan.  On the surface it made this move more palatable to me - They had JD basically locked up.

But if it turns the guy they thought they had locked up as part of this plan - stays in Philly.  It just shows the further disfunction of this organization.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If paintings are sh*t shows here are the Jets.

687px-Mona_Lisa,_by_Leonardo_da_Vinci,_f

Your meaning is quite obvious and well taken. 

But i found this painting in real life to be quite underwhelming.  I imagine many others feel the same way.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, MasterChiefJets said:

Why would he turn this job down if he is one of Gase's guys and they are buddies?

All we kept hearing was this was a done deal?

Why would he hesitate?

He's loved in Philly, and of course...….C J 

26 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I'm sure the way we did Mac will give other people REAL motivation to come here..........

We just whacked a guy by shooting him in the face.

We kept him around for four years despite a horrible record.  Really didn't treat him that poorly.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

38 minutes ago, MasterChiefJets said:

You can't make this stuff up!

tenor.gif?itemid=11834142

Whats going on that cant be made up here?

That Philly is trying to keep a good personnel guy on the payroll?  

Thats funny on what level?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

We kept him around for four years despite a horrible record.  Really didn't treat him that poorly.

Was thinking the same thing.  We kept him around, paying him for years while he didnt get the job done.  Thats going to scare people away from working here?  

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Philly wins 1 Super Bowl and they think they are an elite organization. 

In the last 25 years minus a few bad years, few, you could go into the stadium having the thought we can win this game or gonna win this game no matter who showed up and the stadium was all green and raring to go unfortunately can't say the same for the Jets, not even close, elite no, consistently good and a game day like no other, U bet.