Haven't been this excited for a season in a LONG time

30 minutes ago, nico002 said:

1. Stud 21 year old QB coming into this second year after ending his rookie season on a tear

2. Smart, young, offensive coach helping guide the development of said QB

3. Added a HOF caliber player still in the prime of his career

4. Added multiple elite talents to an already talented defense, a long with a hyper aggressive defensive coordinator

Literally could not give less of a crap about Mac, this team is on the RISE and reving for a wildly exciting season. 

You and I aren't on the same page very often, but I agree with you here. 

I can't wait for this season to start, I really think it will be a good one.

I can see Gase having a really nice year or two before he completely goes off the rails. He just seems destined to go out in a burst of flames...

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, nico002 said:

1. Stud 21 year old QB coming into this second year after ending his rookie season on a tear

4. Added multiple elite talents to an already talented defense, a long with a hyper aggressive defensive coordinator

Literally could not give less of a crap about Mac, this team is on the RISE and reving for a wildly exciting season. 

As for 2- Your smart young coach has a losing record and does not play well with others

As for 3 -your smart young coach hates the future hall of famer and has said as much

As for 4 -  the guy that added the talent you are excited about just got fired because your smart young coach doesn't play well with others.

• Thumb Down 5
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

LOL

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

19 minutes ago, 20andOut said:

As for 3 -your smart young coach hates the future hall of famer and has said as much

I've seen a few posts about Gase not wanting or liking Bell. But I can't find anything on the interwebz that has him saying anything like that. Only thing I found is that he "reportedly " didn't want to spend that much on Bell. But he still likes Bell as a player

Not trying to start an argument, just curious where this is coming from.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Finally someone thinking clearly. Most fans seem to think we had a good offseason and draft so who cares if we let maccagnan orchestrate it. He definitely needed to be fired and it would have made a little more sense to do it with bowles but whatever. We ripped the band aid off and because were the jets its LOLJETS everywhere. We had a good offseason and I think we have a good team. Couple that with Joe Douglas and that looks like a win to me. Maybe we can draft someone in the second or third round who wont wash out of the league in a year or two.

1 hour ago, nico002 said:

Fair.  I think we all want to see how Darnold has progressed.

Ranked 21, 24, 25 & 31 the past four years.  His QB's were all as good or better before him as they were with him.

We'll see.  He certainly did quite well milking Peyton Manning's last good years.

Bell?  Or Mosely?  Both seem to be good, if costly, additions, who should perform materially better than those they replaced.

We drafted some guys.  Well considered guys.  As with all draft picks, we'll see if they live up to they hype.  Would be a nice change of pace if they do.

No one (or nearly no one, now that his defenders have all clammed up) cares about Macc being fired.  Most if us wanted it, if a bit earlier.  

Some tho do care about the timing and the machinations of how and when the timing came to be, with such embarrassing timing.

1 hour ago, nico002 said:

I'm with you bro

+14

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

I've seen a few posts about Gase not wanting or liking Bell. But I can't find anything on the interwebz that has him saying anything like that. Only thing I found is that he "reportedly " didn't want to spend that much on Bell. But he still likes Bell as a player

"hates" may be overstating it but there were multiple reports that he did not want Bell signed, at least not at that price (which was cheaper than anticipated going into offseason). The reports also stated that this was one of the causes of the rift between Gase and Macc

7 hours ago, nico002 said:

In terms of 2019, I could be the fricken GM and it wouldn't matter.  This team is 98% set for the upcoming season.  All the heavy lifting is done and this is Macc's baby....even if he's not here to see it.  The Macc news is getting the headlines but it's really meaningless at this point for 2019.

• Upvote 3

As for 2- Your smart young coach has a losing record and does not play well with others
As for 4 -  the guy that added the talent you are excited about just got fired because your smart young coach doesn't play well with others.

He has not come close to saying he hates Bell. Don’t make stuff up.

With us putting our hopes in Gase, and Dolphins fans telling us he's terrible, it reminds of the days when Rex went to Buffalo, and there was this  ardent and naiive Buffalo fan named Jeanie posting here alot, and she was really psyched for Rex, and we kept telling her how Rex is going to mess up that team, and she didn't want to believe it... she kept pointing to Rex taking jets to playoffs twice and was hopeful he can do that for her team.... 

The Jets didnt just fire their GM because the talent on this team rivals the 84 49ers. You guys really should temper your expectations.

How many people realize that they might be the greatest team ever? That nobody talks about? People still talk about the ‘85 Bears more

12 hours ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

only thing I have seen is that he did not want to dole out big money at HB.  I have actually heard him say he likes Bell as a player.

11 hours ago, House Jet said:

Most fans seem to think we had a good offseason and draft so who cares if we let maccagnan orchestrate it. He definitely needed to be fired and it would have made a little more sense to do it with bowles but whatever. We ripped the band aid off and because were the jets its LOLJETS everywhere. We had a good offseason and I think we have a good team.

Meh, we'll see.  Count me as being skeptical about just how good our 'offseason' was.  We had hundreds of millions of dollars to spend, and what i'm seeing is a lot of pricey 'question marks'.  Of course the non question mark players we acquired at astronomical prices, which is going to hurt our long term viability.  That's fine when you have a championship pedigree, but this looks a lot like 2015.  Back then we got good mercenaries that were ok at what they do, but do you see any of them on this roster four years later?

14 hours ago, nico002 said:

You are why the Jets will never be good.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

In terms of 2019, I could be the fricken GM and it wouldn't matter.  This team is 98% set for the upcoming season.  All the heavy lifting is done and this is Macc's baby....even if he's not here to see it.  The Macc news is getting the headlines but it's really meaningless at this point for 2019.

If the Jets have a successful season, Macc might actually get hired by another team. As much as we hate him, this is his roster and now the Gase hiring has been pinned to him. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jgb said:

I can tell you who is most excited: @T0mShane

Jets in full-blown circus mode is when he real shines 

As we speak, I’m on Jamal Adams’ Instagram commenting on every picture that “no way honey BAGGER should get more loot than you son you gotta HOLD OUT and GET URS SON wassup U THE MAN. Andrew SENDEJO MAKE MORE THAN U MAN WHAT.”

• Haha 1