Stop blaming the owner, you idiots

The Johnson's are some of the best owners in the NFL.

They spend money, that is literally all that you can ask an owner to do.

Mac and Bowels were given plenty of time and resources to win- they didn't.

The idea that the Jets are dysfunctional because the owner "meddles" is absurd. The Jets sucked because Mac and Bowels sucked. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 16
  • WTF? 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, nico002 said:

The idea that the Jets are dysfunctional because the owner "meddles" is absurd. The Jets sucked because Mac and Bowels sucked. 

You must be joking.  The Johnsons have no idea what they are doing, they have never worked a day in their lives.  I wouldn't want them to run a Burger King let alone a professional football franchise.  If they had a clue they would have hired a Football man years ago but they remain stubborn and think they can run the team themselves like the Jets are a video game they used to play on their Atari when they were kids.

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Image result for head in butt pics

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, prime21 said:

This is going to go down hill quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Nah tho that seems like the likely scenario I actually believe Gase is going to be a success mostly because we have great locker room leadership in Darnold, Adams and Mosely.  All we need from Gase and Williams are creative game plans which both are more than capable of.

10 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Dear Woody.   

You are a terrible businessman.  

• Upvote 1

If they wanted to run the marketing, I would say fine. I mean the NFL as an entity does 95% of the heavy lifting for you in that area.

The fact that they feel they need to nudge into personnel is a massive overreach on their part.

Jeff Lurie did the same thing in Philly for the first decade or so that he owned the team. He finally figured it out that it wasn't a game for both he and Joe Banner to play fantasy football with. The Eagles have been better since.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, nico002 said:

who Hired Macc and Bowles ?

Who keeps making dysfunctional decisions like firing a GM after letting him spend 100 mil in FA and run the entire draft ?

Who watched both Bowles and Macc fail at their jobs for 4 + years and watch as the locker room Imploded twice ?

Do I need to continue ? Dysfunction in an organization starts at the top and there is no way to dispute that fact. You hire a bunch of clowns you get a circus hopefully somehow in the next few weeks we can get this sorted out just keep in mind a good owner is not just about spending money just look at Daniel Snyder and the Johnsons for that matter .

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Give me specific examples of how owner meddling has hurt the Jets in the last 5 years.

How about the general structure of the FO, CS.   CJ Just acknowledged that until after last season he wasn't sure what a GM's job was, and basically has no knowledge of football.   Both the HC, and the GM only report to CJ.   In other words no one in charge, except a guy who knows nothing about football.

That always works in any business.  Funny thing is, CJ says he is going to take more control, and still has no knowledge of football.

18 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Give me specific examples of how owner meddling has hurt the Jets in the last 5 years.

Off the top of my head, extending Mac and Bowles, then allowing Mac one extra offseason before firing him. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, nico002 said:

They may not meddle but they’ve picked bad people ever since Parcells left and he was hired by Hess. The last 2 gm’s had their coach picked by someone else with Idzilk getting Rex and Mac getting Bowles which is a** backwards. They seem to react too much to media and fan criticism and they have no track record of running a successful business. Other than that they’re great. 

The owners have control over the structure of the organization. The current structure is and has been a joke. The owner forced a marriage of Idzik to rex and did not give Idzik a chance to hire his coach, they failed. The owners forced Macc into a marriage with Bowles and never gave him a real chance to hide his own coach, they failed. The owner is going to force whoever the new gm is into a marriage with Gase, my money is that they will not allow the new gm to select their own coach and that once again we will fail. To say the ownership has no blame in the failure of the jets would be false.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nico002 said:

Tebow, Tim, QB, Denver----> Jets  

"you can never get enough Tim Tebow" - Robert Wood "Woody" Johnson IV

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Tebow, Tim, QB, Denver----> Jets  

"you can never get enough Tim Tebow" - Robert Wood "Woody" Johnson IV

There is also Revis, but he specified 5 years to avoid that.  lol

We have no idea how much CJ has meddled.  Owners don't usually embrace responsibility for their team sucking.

They just blame other people and fire them 

• Upvote 1

Even by your logic, who chose to hire Macc and Bowles? 

Who kept both of them on for far longer than either deserved? 

Who chose to have the HC and the GM each report to ownership (instead of the HC reporting to the GM)?

Who chose to let Macc spend $100M and run the draft and then fired him (rather than letting the new GM come in and decide how to use those resources)?

Who chose a HC that wasn't on the same page as the GM?  (And don't give me this "Macc hired Gase" nonsense.  The Johnson family hired him).

1 hour ago, slats said:

Off the top of my head, extending Mac and Bowles, then allowing Mac one extra offseason before firing him. 

Telling Mike Tannenbaum to give a ridiculous, cap-strapping , guaranteed salary increase to Mark Sanchez to soothe Mark's butthurt from adding Tim Tebow to the roster.    Cap screwed us for a couple of years there. 

Did you know the Johnson hired an "expert" to help the Jets find the next GM 4 years ago?  This "expert" hired his friend and former boss,  Macc. who was about to be fired by the Texans.  Macc indebted to this friend probably drafted or signed some of this guy favorite.   So yeah, the owner ALSO put this franchise in this predicament.  

Firing Macc when he did was about as competent as Leon Hess firing Pete Carroll and replacing him with Rich Kotite. Why would you fire the guy after the draft and after the spending spree? It makes no sense. He should have been fired a season ago along with Toilet Bowles