Tannenbaum on Michael Kay about Gase

23 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Some interesting observations on Gase when he was with him in Miami (I'm tired of the Mac talk--BTW all the radio dudes are killing the firing but it's done so f*ck it).

Said he's a great coach, very demanding, had no problem working with him and in fact enjoyed the challenge.  Said he wants what he wants and we shouldn't be too put off about the Bell/Crowder/Mosely nonsense--because it was more about the money spent rather than the actual players.  

Said he's going to make Sam a 70% completion guy specifically because of Bell.  Going to make Sam a top tier QB. 

Kay weighed in with a comment that he's friendly with someone in the Denver front office who was there with Gase and this guy said Gase is an absolutely brilliant coach, really really smart, very demanding, an outstanding offensive mind and is going to be a great coach for the Jets.

So the fear that Gase is running roughshod over the owner and about running the show when he hasn't proven all that much should not be that big of a fear. 

This is going to be a fun season and possible decade plus of Jets football.

Concerning Bell, that is if they don't trade him first? (what a ridiculous report)

I heard the interview and thought that Tanny sounded a bit wishy-washy on his answers. Almost trying to play both sides between the timing of the firing and how Gase is as a coach. Even Kay and the guys sounded a little surprised about some of his answers and how he answered.

This article gives some good points if someone has not posted it already:

https://www.nj.com/jets/2019/05/jets-fire-mike-maccagnan-im-not-surprised-that-it-happened-says-ex-jets-gm-mike-tannenbaum-who-knows-adam-gase-well.html

He definitely did not like the timing and said that he and Gase tried to hash things out on issues.

I'm not surprised that he sounded a bit political in his statements as I am sure he does not want to burn any bridges; to see if he can go beyond ESPN to another Front Office gig.

2 minutes ago, RSJ said:

You act like the Jets are in prime position to pick a GM. Hate to tell you but i dont even know if the Jeta could convince Rich Kotite to be the GM of this team at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Most front office guys never become gms.  It’s an extremely hard job to get.  It’s even hard to get a gm job for a team that has a qb in place you can build around.  You will have qualified people who will take the risk with the jets b/c they have the qb in place.  But candidates need to be strong willed so they don’t get strong armed by gase.  A good gm can survive here.

Most front office guys never become gms.  It’s an extremely hard job to get.  It’s even hard to get a gm job for a team that has a qb in place you can build around.  You will have qualified people who will take the risk with the jets b/c they have the qb in place.  But candidates need to be strong willed so they don’t get strong armed by gase.  A good gm can survive here.

Not when in a year or two they could get a job with a well run organization. Its a hard job to get - but otoh the candidate pool is like 35-40 guy in total. Of those 35-40, 25-30 you want no part of as an organization. The top 5-10 want a job with a reputable organization or they are better off staying put.

As far as the QB goes, we have no idea if Darnold is the right guy and even of he is you need more than a QB to win. It can still be a shot show with a good QB. Besides the questionable QB this roster is shaky at BEST.

Finally lets not forget the psycho we have as a coach right now and how every time we go through this cycle we end up with a worse GM than the time before.

So excuse me for being a little skeptical.