Mike Lombardi takes a dump on Mike McCagnan

15 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

It's funny because he's saying "draft OL", which is EXACTLY what JN has been saying.

Interesting to hear about Todd Bowles.  Maybe he was wronged here after all?  OTOH, we should keep in mind that Mike Lombardi said (the year the Eagles won the SB) Doug Pederson “might be less qualified to coach a team than anyone I’ve ever seen.”

Lombardi's comment on Doug Pederson:

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2017/9/3/16249726/former-nfl-gm-doug-pederson-head-coach-philadelphia-eagles-mike-lombardi-carson-wentz-ringer-video

PODCAST WITH LOMBARDI'S COMMENTS ABOUT Macc and Dinger:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/jets-fans-this-is-the-best-news-youll-hear-all-offseason/id1458884463?i=1000438204821

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

With Bowles, you always got the impression he knew he was overpromoted. In his mind, why rock the boat when you can pocket the Johnson's money for four years as a HC? Both were really poor hires at the end of the day and the result of ownership refusing to pay a premium for either role, imo.

In a way it’s actually amazing that Toilet Bowles and Wackagnan won as many games as they did

Their combined stupidity to get to 14 wins in 3 years is an accomplishment kinda like Billy Crystal fouling off a ball when facing a major league pitcher

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

With Bowles, you always got the impression he knew he was overpromoted. In his mind, why rock the boat when you can pocket the Johnson's money for four years as a HC? Both were really poor hires at the end of the day and the result of ownership refusing to pay a premium for either role, imo.

Correction...he’ll be pocketing 6 years of Johnson money, that’s INCREDIBLE hahaha.

Everything else is accurate.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

In a way it’s actually amazing that Toilet Bowles and Wackagnan won as many games as they did

Their combined stupidity to get to 14 wins in 3 years is an accomplishment kinda like Billy Crystal fouling off a ball when facing a major league pitcher

Bruce Arians thinks that 14-40, actually was getting close to 14-40 over 3 years, meant that Bowles was doing an “outstanding” job.  True story, I heard him say it on TV.

He also hired Bowles...again...as a DC due to his “outstandingness”, again true story.

What kind of pictures does Bowles have of Arians?

Bowles better have 10 of 11 pro bowlers on Tampa’s D like he had in AZ or Tampa is losing the usual “Bowles Double Digits”.

• Upvote 3

Lombardi may be a turd BUT:

“They would cut Trumaine Johnson if they could, but they can’t,” Lombardi said. “Like [Maccagnan has] had a disastrous offseason and he continues to do so. The remarkable thing about Maccagnan and Heimerdinger, and I’ve said this before, in their four years prior to this year, they’d never drafted an offensive lineman before the fourth round. … When you go to Team Building 101, the first thing they teach you in Team Building 101 is [to] draft offensive linemen.”

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

“They would cut Trumaine Johnson if they could, but they can’t,” Lombardi said. “Like [Maccagnan has] had a disastrous offseason and he continues to do so. The remarkable thing about Maccagnan and Heimerdinger, and I’ve said this before, in their four years prior to this year, they’d never drafted an offensive lineman before the fourth round. … When you go to Team Building 101, the first thing they teach you in Team Building 101 is [to] draft offensive linemen.”

gee. where have we heard this before. 

33 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Bruce Arians thinks that 14-40, actually was getting close to 14-40 over 3 years, meant that Bowles was doing an “outstanding” job.  True story, I heard him say it on TV.

He also hired Bowles...again...as a DC due to his “outstandingness”, again true story.

Bowles better have 10 of 11 pro bowlers on Tampa’s D like he had in AZ or Tampa is losing the usual “Bowles Double Digits”.

Arians and Bowles are close buddies going back like 30 years to when they were at temple so yeah he’s going to defend his friend

36 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Lombardi may be a turd BUT:

Yeah seriously all the whining from the Jonah-lovers this offseason because we didn’t trade down for an ok prospect they should be cheering 

Mac coulda had Cam Robinson two years ago and passed.  

Coulda had Orlando Brown and instead drafted a 26 year old DT from a college no one ever heard of who Mac himself admitted he never saw play (yes, I’m not even exaggerating)

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Correction...he’ll be pocketing 6 years of Johnson money, that’s INCREDIBLE hahaha.

Everything else is accurate.

Bowles May be an idiot but he’s a rich idiot thanks to the Johnson Boys

• Upvote 1

“Maccagnan’s a college scout who got promoted to become a GM. How? I don’t know,”
I mean that's pretty easy. He was the guy willing to take the job at the salary being offered.

Although I felt the Jets job wasn’t attractive 4 years ago it seems from recent speculation very few wanted the job. I don’t recall how many requests were refused?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Jetmech said:

Although Lombardi is a joke it’s easy to poke fun when Mac’s drafts sucked!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah seriously this idiot drafted Christian Hackenberg in round 2

That alone shoulda gotten him fired

• Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

maybe arians actually knew what a sh** show mac was putting together player wise.  the thing too is both bowles and mac were promoted after having limited experience in high level positions.  bowles didn't have more than a year or two as dc and mac was a friggin college scout for 15 years.  yes it is amazing they won as many as they did.

• Upvote 1

He’s 100% correct in this article!!!

Mac should have been gone at least two years ago. Not drafting ONE significant OL player, this guy was an embarrassment as a GM. 

Also it reinforces what I kept saying all along the Jets as an organization had no STRATEGIC PLAN!!  This is PRECISELY the thing that C.J. says that they now must have!!

Thank God!!

• Upvote 4

I wish I could find the article that appeared around the same time Maccagnan was originally hired, but it was loaded with quotes from people in and around the Texans saying, essentially, that Maccagnan was a nice guy who wasn’t going to be up to the tasks of being a GM, and that the job would be “too big for him.” Played out exactly that way. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I wish I could find the article that appeared around the same time Maccagnan was originally hired, but it was loaded with quotes from people in and around the Texans saying, essentially, that Maccagnan was a nice guy who wasn’t going to be up to the tasks of being a GM, and that the job would be “too big for him.” Played out exactly that way. 

I seem to remember that too.

Maccagnan was a scout who still 4 years in had no concept of positional value. He did learn very early to tout who ever he picked as BAP, but because Manish Mehta  puts it in a crappy newspaper to keep a source going doesn't make it so. You look at this roster, you look at the DBs and interior DL (positions really of very marginal value; Qu. Williams had better be the DNA lab-hatched bastard child of Aaron Donald and Hali Ngata or else!) and then look at the OL. It's criminal. Concede the Johnson brothers may still be idiots, but this move was LONG overdue. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

Mac should have been gone at least two years ago. Not drafting ONE significant OL player, this guy was an embarrassment as a GM. 

This dates back to the Sanchez years, no investment in the investment, Nick was the last man standing when that excellent OL slowly withered  away.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Maccagnan was a scout who still 4 years in had no concept of positional value. He did learn very early to tout who ever he picked as BAP, but because Manish Mehta  puts it in a crappy newspaper to keep a source going doesn't make it so. You look at this roster, you look at the DBs and interior DL (positions really of very marginal value; Qu. Williams had better be the DNA lab-hatched bastard child of Aaron Donald and Hali Ngata or else!) and then look at the OL. It's criminal. Concede the Johnson brothers may still be idiots, but this move was LONG overdue. 

I agreed with drafting QW but we could have had both Cam Robinson AND Orlando Brown instead we have the world’s greatest box safety and a 27 year old project DT who sucked as a rookie and will warm the bench next season

Trent Brown was available and clearly willing to go to the highest bidder so Mac says hey I’ll take a pass and instead give a pot head malcontent rb $55 million

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bugg said:

You do not draft a franchise QB and ignore the OL. You just don't do it. This is the thing that stands out in such harsh light that it cannot be ignored. This was reason enough that Macc should have been let go with Bowles. That along with his inability to make a decision makes this something that had to happen.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

http://www.espn.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/12163225/new-york-jets-hire-mike-maccagnan-gm

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

But but but.... the timing.....it was awful

12 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2019/05/16/bill-belichick-confidant-crushes-mike-maccagnan-on-his-way-out/amp/

Pot calling kettle black here as Mike Lombardi is pretty terrible himself. 

He was a terrible GM for Cleveland, but he is right that Mac never did what fans wanted and that was to beef up the o-line, which is still mediocre at best.

How did it take Chris Johnson this long to realize that Mac was a big phony is a question that boggles my mind. Any GM that doesn't keep a pipeline of offensive lineman coming in each draft doesn't know football. We just wasted 4 years of our lives with Mac and Bowles that we can't have back. Can we sue?