Macc Fired for... hiring process that landed Gase?

jgb

8 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Whoever we get to replace Mac will obviously be better. You. Can’t do worse than that imbecile. Should have been canned in Jan 100%, but better now then next Jan

There's no guarantee of that.  The next guy might be worse.  It's how we roll.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

36 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

You don't have to "clearly state" anything for it to be true.  The inference is quite enough. 

Well, something doesnt have to be clearly stated to be true, but if it isnt clearly stated and you assume something and I correct you, maybe you should take the clarification for what it is.

You can't deny that you approach many, {in my view way too many} Jet's issues though the lens of how it relates to the Browns and how they "handle things".  

This is true. It's because Im watching in real time a team who was actually worse than the Jets turn it around, while the Jets do Jets stuff. 

It wouldnt mean a thing if I constantly referenced the Patriots, the Steelers or the Ravens....they've never been in the dirt for a long period of time like the Jets and even more so Cleveland. To watch their turnaround should piss Jets fans off, especially based on that ranking that you showed. The response that I thought I would see from Jets fans actually ends up with Jets fans calling me a Browns fan or calling them my Favorite team...which is partly true. I am not a Browns fan, but they are my favorite team to watch given that my favorite player plays for them. 

I agree with you that the Jets have been notoriously bad in how they have handled things, starting with the GM=Head Coach mantra.  It doesn't work that way in any organizational structure, there has to be someone in charge.  All managers only reporting to ownership invariably creates a culture of anarchy and back biting as it has predictably done here.  Even children picking sides in juvenile role playing know this.  Somehow it has escaped the Johnson brothers.

I agree 100%. It's breathtaking sometimes. 

I understand that you are a Brown's fan. 

lol. 

I just wish that you might consider occasionally  looking at Jet's problems through the prism of a Jet's fan, which you claim to be.  Constantly referring to the Browns in every post gets a little bit nauseating, that's all.?

So, for the years that I've been talking about firing Macc/Bowles (Since the moment Macc gave Fitz that stupid ass contract) that really wasnt through the prism of a Jets fan? Oh that's right, I remember the entire board getting on me because "Fitz won 10 games" and clowned me because prior to that I called Fitz a "Max 6 wins QB". Yet Fitz ended his Jets career with a win average of "6 wins". 

Back then I wasnt a Browns fan, I was just a Buc's Fan and a Jets hater because I didnt suck on Fitz's beard and I wanted to trade a 3rd rounder for Mike Glennon. It seems like every stage I go through on Jetnation I end up never being a Jets fan somehow...haha, its incredible! 

Truth be told, I could do better with my time than to give it to this poorly ran organization or interact with a fanbase that lets you know that you're a fan based on their rules. But I do anyway. 

I will enjoy every Browns game that I watch this season. I will probably not enjoy every Jets game I watch this season given that this seems to be the "typical of Jets seasons" given that Im emotionally attached to this team and they tend to play poorly because of the lack of a talented roster or competent coaching. 

I'll be happy week 1 though. Hopefully I dont have to deal with another year where the record confirms that the season is over and we havent even hit Holloween. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Well, something doesnt have to be clearly stated to be true, but if it isnt clearly stated and you assume something and I correct you, maybe you should take the clarification for what it is.

This is true. It's because Im watching in real time a team who was actually worse than the Jets turn it around, while the Jets do Jets stuff. 

It wouldnt mean a thing if I constantly referenced the Patriots, the Steelers or the Ravens....they've never been in the dirt for a long period of time like the Jets and even more so Cleveland. To watch their turnaround should piss Jets fans off, especially based on that ranking that you showed. The response that I thought I would see from Jets fans actually ends up with Jets fans calling me a Browns fan or calling them my Favorite team...which is partly true. I am not a Browns fan, but they are my favorite team to watch given that my favorite player plays for them. 

I agree 100%. It's breathtaking sometimes. 

lol. 

So, for the years that I've been talking about firing Macc/Bowles (Since the moment Macc gave Fitz that stupid ass contract) that really wasnt through the prism of a Jets fan? Oh that's right, I remember the entire board getting on me because "Fitz won 10 games" and clowned me because prior to that I called Fitz a "Max 6 wins QB". Yet Fitz ended his Jets career with a win average of "6 wins". 

Back then I wasnt a Browns fan, I was just a Buc's Fan and a Jets hater because I didnt suck on Fitz's beard and I wanted to trade a 3rd rounder for Mike Glennon. It seems like every stage I go through on Jetnation I end up not being a Jets fan somehow. 

Truth be told, I could do better with my time than to give it to this poorly ran organization or interact with a fanbase that lets you know that you're a fan base on their rules. But I do anyway. 

I will enjoy every Browns game that I watch this season. I will probably not enjoy every Jets game I watch this season given that this seems to be typical of Jets seasons given that Im emotionally attached to this team and they tend to play poorly because of the lack of a talented roster or competent coaching. 

I'll be happy week 1 though. Hopefully I dont have to deal with another year where the record confirms that the season is over and we havent even hit Holloween. 

If the Browns are your "favorite" team to watch, and your "favorite" player is on their team, that pretty much, by definition, makes you a Brown's Fan.

As for "sh*tzpatrick", you'll get no argument from me.  Never really liked the guy, or his "game".  Granted, I was pleasantly surprised by that one season, although I felt at the time it was a mirage, soon to dissipate.  Predictably, it did.

You're wrong about it not meaning "a thing" if you constantly referenced the Patriocheats, RothlisRapers, or Ravens, especially the first two.  I hold them in much more contempt than the Browns.  Truth be told, I don't have any hate for the Browns, save the "Dawg Pound" denizens and Osmell Beckham.  And you are right, I am pissed about the way the Jets have handled things, all the way back to the Walt Michaels firing.  The stench since the Idzik fiasco has only grown since then.  As messy and unsightly as this current mess appears, It's far more palatable than Maccagnan/Bowles.

As for you being judged by the "fan base" or being "judged by their rules", I'll just remind you about your persona as the "Villain" and how you wear it as a badge of honor.  As they say, you make your bed...…..

As for the current state of the team, the roster and prospects for the Jets moving forward, I have a much brighter view.  I like the free agents, draft and composition of the roster and coaching staff.  I would like to bolster the Offensive Line, and worry about the secondary, but aside from that, I think WE have a chance to be pretty good over the next few years.  Certainly much improved over the recent "regime".  Hang in there.  Real Jets fans have no choice.

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The picture you’re seeing painted right now is that Maccagnan was very bad at his job, in all facets, and you should feel bad for supporting him or experiencing anxiety regarding his termination. 

What's interesting is that it's clear in league circles Bowles is still generally well thought of -- and Maccagnan clearly is not.

47 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

If the Browns are your "favorite" team to watch, and your "favorite" player is on their team, that pretty much, by definition, makes you a Brown's Fan.

Can you show me that definition? Can you google that? :-)  I watch many of the games, not just the Jets. Always been like that. When you do that you tend to enjoy watching other teams because you become fond of other players. That doesnt make me a fan of those teams, I am a fan of the sport. You feel wins and feel loses of the team you cherish, and though I like watching the Browns, that's really based on wanting to continue watching Mayfield since I've become a fan of his back in 2015. It's not me cherishing the Browns, that's cherishing my favorite player who happened to be drafted by the Browns. The team I cherish are the Jets. 

I know plenty of folks who like a team but their favorite player of the sport isnt on their team. I've met plenty of Knicks fans growing up that loved Jordan. 

As for "sh*tzpatrick", you'll get no argument from me.  Never really liked the guy, or his "game".  Granted, I was pleasantly surprised by that one season, although I felt at the time it was a mirage, soon to dissipate.  Predictably, it did.

Dude, im not sure if you were around here for that. But folks absolutely lost it to the point where mods were sending me DM's stating that "if things get too bad for you we'll lock the thread". I sat back and said "Nope, let them have their 15 minutes"....this is Ryan Fitzpatrick we're talking about here. lol. And of course, it was Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

You're wrong about it not meaning "a thing" if you constantly referenced the Patriocheats, RothlisRapers, or Ravens, especially the first two.  I hold them in much more contempt than the Browns.  Truth be told, I don't have any hate for the Browns, save the "Dawg Pound" denizens and Osmell Beckham.  And you are right, I am pissed about the way the Jets have handled things, all the way back to the Walt Michaels firing.  The stench since the Idzik fiasco has only grown since then.  As messy and unsightly as this current mess appears, It's far more palatable than Maccagnan/Bowles.

Which is why I spend my time watching my favorite players play. I've always been like that. I would do entire breakdowns on Glennon and the Bucs because I love football.

As for you being judged by the "fan base" or being "judged by their rules", I'll just remind you about your persona as the "Villain" and how you wear it as a badge of honor.  As they say, you make your bed...…..

I never said I had a problem with this. I was just stating the facts...hence the reason why I made sure that mods allowed folks to have their 15 minutes when they found it necessary to take turns letting me know how the felt. Why? Because when I was proven to be correct, I had my 15 minutes...and I didnt miss a second. I have no problem with this bed, it's rather comfortable...really. 

However, being willing to take and dish criticisms is different than living by others rules. Im Villain The Foe, others definition of what a fan is doesnt define my fandom. That's just how that works. 

As for the current state of the team, the roster and prospects for the Jets moving forward, I have a much brighter view.  I like the free agents, draft and composition of the roster and coaching staff.  I would like to bolster the Offensive Line, and worry about the secondary, but aside from that, I think WE have a chance to be pretty good over the next few years.  Certainly much improved over the recent "regime".  Hang in there.  Real Jets fans have no choice.

Sure. I think this is fair. I dont like the roster overall but there are certainly players that I like. I love Bell, and I dont really have much of a problem with his contract given that he technically could have gotten paid better by just signing the franchise tag. I love Mosley as well, but not for 17 million dollars. That was simply ludicrous. I dont like this offensive line. I love QW, but I think he shouldnt have been picked. I think we needed to address needs on the offensive side of the ball and help Sam. But Q is still a beast. He reminds me ALOT of Fletcher Cox. 

I think Robby Anderson is better than how we've utilized him.  

Im a Jets fan with choices. I choose to be a Jets fan.  That's a choice, and right now, this team continues to betray my time and fandom. But that's been true for the majority of the 25 or so years that I've been a fan. 

When I made that choice, I learned about that REAL quick. 

15 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Can you show me that definition? Can you google that? :-)  I watch many of the games, not just the Jets. Always been like that. When you do that you tend to enjoy watching other teams because you become fond of other players. That doesnt make me a fan of those teams, I am a fan of the sport. You feel wins and feel loses of the team you cherish, and though I like watching the Browns, that's really based on wanting to continue watching Mayfield since I've become a fan of his back in 2015. It's not me cherishing the Browns, that's cherishing my favorite player who happened to be drafted by the Browns. The team I cherish are the Jets.

Word forms: fans, fanning, fanned

1. countable noun
If you are a fan of someone or something, especially a famous person or a sport, you like them very much and are very interested in them.

a person who is very much interested in and spends a lot of time watching or readingabout esp. an entertainer or sports team:

The definition of a fan is a person who is very enthusiastic about someone or something,

A person who has a strong interest in or admiration for a particular person or thing.

‘football fans’
Fan

Person

A fan, or fanatic, sometimes also termed aficionado or supporter, is a person who is enthusiastically devoted to something or somebody, such as a singer or band, a sports team, a genre, a politician, a book, a movie or an entertainer. Collectively, the fans of a particular object or person constitute its fanbase or fandom

fan

noun (2)

Definition of fan (Entry 3 of 3)

1: an enthusiastic devotee (as of a sport or a performing art) usually as a spectator
2: an ardent admirer or enthusiast (as of a celebrity or a pursuit)

someone who admires and supports a person, sport, sports team, etc.

Here you go, Villain.  Many sources, same conclusion.  Like it or not, you, Villain the Foe, are a certified, definite Cleveland Browns football fan. You are self admittedly very fond of, and enthusiastic of one Baker Mayfield, and by extension the Browns.  That makes you a fan.?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Word forms: fans, fanning, fanned

1. countable noun
If you are a fan of someone or something, especially a famous person or a sport, you like them very much and are very interested in them.

a person who is very much interested in and spends a lot of time watching or readingabout esp. an entertainer or sports team:

The definition of a fan is a person who is very enthusiastic about someone or something,

A person who has a strong interest in or admiration for a particular person or thing.

‘football fans’
Fan

Person

A fan, or fanatic, sometimes also termed aficionado or supporter, is a person who is enthusiastically devoted to something or somebody, such as a singer or band, a sports team, a genre, a politician, a book, a movie or an entertainer. Collectively, the fans of a particular object or person constitute its fanbase or fandom

fan

noun (2)

Definition of fan (Entry 3 of 3)

1: an enthusiastic devotee (as of a sport or a performing art) usually as a spectator
2: an ardent admirer or enthusiast (as of a celebrity or a pursuit)

someone who admires and supports a person, sport, sports team, etc.

Here you go, Villain.  Many sources, same conclusion.  Like it or not, you, Villain the Foe, are a certified, definite Cleveland Browns football fan. You are self admittedly very fond of, and enthusiastic of one Baker Mayfield, and by extension the Browns.  That makes you a fan.?

Well I'll be damned! :-) 

lol. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

What's interesting is that it's clear in league circles Bowles is still generally well thought of -- and Maccagnan clearly is not.

What's interesting is that it's clear from my browser history that the venn diagram of people who were screaming about Bowles six months ago and people who were screaming about Maccagnan six days ago looks like an aerial shot of joewilly12's gazebo. Only with more dicks.

51 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

What's interesting is that it's clear from my browser history that the venn diagram of people who were screaming about Bowles six months ago and people who were screaming about Maccagnan six days ago looks like an aerial shot of joewilly12's gazebo. Only with more dicks.

Let's not get carried away ok

3 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Bowles has a job because of Arians or else he would be selling mattresses at Raymour and Flanigan, 

15 hours ago, jgb said:

I'd rather have Gase keep both roles than another arranged marriage. At least (presumably) if Gase sucks he will be exposed quickly and booted.

Gase's resume hasn't earned him this kind of control but I can see the wisdom in what you're saying. Hell, nothing else we try works anyway, might as well give someone a shot at buying their own groceries. If it doesn't work out the next coach/gm combo can start together on a clean slate instead of some half baked crap.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Whoever we get to replace Mac will obviously be better. You. Can’t do worse than that imbecile. Should have been canned in Jan 100%, but better now then next Jan

We've been saying "you can't do worse than *insert GM here*" since Terry Bradway yet here we are again. If this team has taught me anything over the past 20 years it's that it can always get worse.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, fullblast said:

We've been saying "you can't do worse than *insert GM here*" since Terry Bradway yet here we are again. If this team has taught me anything over the past 20 years it's that it can always get worse.

Well that is because we have been letting the Johnsons pick gms. You are right, they have picked god awful gms. Izdik and mac make mike tannenbaum look like the parcells of gms. We just can’t continue with the worst gm in nfl just because our track record has been bad

If we get joe Douglas in here, Gase is coach of year.