Macc Fired for... hiring process that landed Gase?

jgb

2 hours ago, jgb said:

I'd rather have Gase keep both roles than another arranged marriage. At least (presumably) if Gase sucks he will be exposed quickly and booted.

Exactly. If Chris goes this far then instead of hiring a GM that will adhere to Gase anyway, just let Gase control the franchise.

It's too late.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CTM said:

For better or worse this is the gase show now, any GM that is going to take the job is going to be either be very tight with Gase or extremely unqualified to the point that this is potentially  their only chance at the top gig.

I do believe the HC spot was an attractive nob due to Darnold, 1.3 and 100M to spend, but this GM openning is sh*t because the roster is set for 19 and there will be limited flexibility in 20

Facts

1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

The coaching search was such a fail they fired the searcher and gave his job to the fail.

Doesn't get a whole lot Jetsier than this.

And the new signature is found thank you!

5 minutes ago, Pac said:

The horsesh-t is flowing...

Korn Ferry and the conjoined twins of Casserly and Wolfe gave us Idzik who was the worst GM in Jets history and Bowles who is top 3 worst Jet HCs of all time.

I'll take the supposed disorganized search over those results any day of the week.

Keeping Rex gave us Idzik. Bowles and Dan Quinn were far and away the top two most desirable coaching candidates in 2015. Rex Ryan will never work in the league again. Mike Maccagnan is going to be driving aroud the Deep South this summer in 100 degree heat in a rented Toyota Tercel scouting community colleges as an entry-level scout for an XFL team. Enjoy your coffee. 

• Haha 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

Keeping Rex gave us Idzik. Bowles and Dan Quinn were far and away the top two most desirable coaching candidates in 2015. Rex Ryan will never work in the league again. Mike Maccagnan is going to be driving aroud the Deep South this summer in 100 degree heat in a rented Toyota Tercel scouting community colleges as an entry-level scout for an XFL team. Enjoy your coffee. 

Hopefully the AC breaks and he spills hot coffee in his crotch many days. 

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

On the other hand, Gase is currently the smartest and most connected employee on the Jets payroll, so he should be in charge because no one else in the building is remotely qualified to order pencils. 

At this point, who the hell cares? We've been waiting 50 years, if Gase hates the world, but gets us a Super Bowl, more power to him.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

34 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

On the other hand, Gase is currently the smartest and most connected employee on the Jets payroll, so he should be in charge because no one else in the building is remotely qualified to order pencils. 

Agreed. I'm strangely comfortable with letting him run the whole show.

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Hopefully the AC breaks and he spills hot coffee in his crotch many days. 

Maybe he spills some coffee on his shirt, right, and he has to pull over and it's South Carolina in August and the sun is beating down and frogs are dying on the pavement as the swamps boil, making the air thick with steam like the kind that used to flare out of mama's old clothes iron. Maybe Mike will climb out of that Tercel and stretch his arms up toward god and pull off that short-sleeve button up dress shirt with the XFL logo emblazoned on the pocket, revealing a set of perky, sweaty cellulosic breasts and a plump, glistening midsection that--looked at in the proper light--reveals the vestigial outline of his once-prominent abdominal muscles from when he was young and robust, and someone you could love, Joe, if only for a night. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Agreed. I'm strangely comfortable with letting him run the whole show.

The biggest impediment to Jets success has historically been rampant organizational stupidity. I'm alright with someone who clearly knows this executing a coup and taking over. The place needs a bloodletting.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, jgb said:

I'd rather have Gase keep both roles than another arranged marriage. At least (presumably) if Gase sucks he will be exposed quickly and booted.

Gase is not equipped  to be a HC and GM. It's  a disaster waiting to happen.  We aren't  even sure if Gase is the guy to be a HC and now he has the GM role as well. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The biggest impediment to Jets success has historically been rampant organizational stupidity. I'm alright with someone who clearly knows this executing a coup and taking over. The place needs a bloodletting.

Gase came from Miami, where many have said there are too many people involved in personnel decisions. Francesa has repeatedly insisted that he had a reliable insider tell him that the Dolphins wanted to keep Gase, but he forced his way out of there by tearing into the owner.

I wonder if he saw the opening here, where we have a promising young QB, and the only obstacles were a clueless owner and a weakling of a GM, and figured he could easily throw his weight around. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

experiencing anxiety regarding his termination. 

Hated Mac, glad he's gone. But bringing in a Gase crony who will report to CJ is a recipe for disaster. I dont care if they are bffs, if this is a middling team in 2020 the knives will be out in full force. The johnsons just refuse to learn from history.

Not to mention the whole we just let Mac run the most important off season in years thing and his greazy paw prints will be all over this roster till 2021

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, jgb said:

Article insinuates that the Jets had two different finalists, but due to Macc running a Mickey Mouse search, they were forced to settle on Gase who "somehow emerged" at the end of the process. The irony is almost too delicious for this to be true.

Is this why Jets fired Mike Maccagnan? Here's what reportedly happened during their recent coach search

The New York Jets made an abrupt change in leadership on Wednesday by axing general manager Mike Maccagnan just three weeks after the 2019 NFL Draft, and while the team has a long history of confusing decisions, this one remains a head-scratcher.

That's because Maccagnan is only a few months removed from overseeing a spending spree -- of almost $200 million -- to restock the Jets for Year Two of the Sam Darnold era.

Joining Will Brinson on the Thursday edition of the Pick Six Podcast, Andrew Perloff of The Dan Patrick Show shared one of the potentially big reasons Maccagnan has been ousted in favor of more power for new coach Adam Gase -- and it has to do with the way Maccagnan went about hiring Gase in the first place.

"That coaching search, both from what I've heard inside and the outside, was a mess," Perloff said. "There were basically two candidates at the end, and Adam Gase somehow emerged. From everything I've heard, it was not well run or well organized by Maccagnan. So I think that might've played into it."

Not only that, Perloff continued, but it was apparent early in the offseason that it was "kind of a weird marriage" between Gase, "this sort of hardcore, disciplinarian coach" and the type of big-name free agents that Maccagnan paid -- guys like Le'Veon Bell, who landed a big-money deal but didn't attend early voluntary workouts.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/is-this-why-jets-fired-mike-maccagnan-heres-what-reportedly-happened-during-their-recent-coach-search/

Loving the team as I do, it is disheartening to know what a joke it has been since after the Parcells' regime. When Bill learned that the Johnsons were to be the owners, he decided to fulfill his contract (one more year) and no more. Also, the reason why Belichick skipped town. We truly have comedic ownership. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah hey silver lining in all this is no aspergers. Baby steps to the super bowl.

1 hour ago, nico002 said:

Well we ended up with the right guy...

Do we even have the guy yet?

1 hour ago, rammagen said:

here is the thing about Lombardi he is looking for a way back into the nfl. I would not trust allot of what he says because he is fishing for attention.

Popping off for attention is not how you get a job in the NFL.  It is how you get a job on television. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Not only does Gregg Williams disagree, but I am pretty sure he is whispering his disagreement in as many friendly ears as he can find. 

17 minutes ago, CTM said:

Hated Mac, glad he's gone. But bringing in a Gase crony who will report to CJ is a recipe for disaster. I dont care if they are bffs, if this is a middling team in 2020 the knives will be out in full force. The johnsons just refuse to learn from history.

Not to mention the whole we just let Mac run the most important off season in years thing and his greazy paw prints will be all over this roster till 2021

If they are both reporting to the owner then you want a Gase crony.  You want them to be on the same page and not backstabbing each other so that when the firings come they can hang on - like Rex, and Maccagnan. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

If they are both reporting to the owner then you want a Gase crony.  You want them to be on the same page and not backstabbing each other so that when the firings come they can hang on - like Rex, and Maccagnan. 

If the results are middling they will back stab each other with more ferocity than strangers

2 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Please.  Let's not hold the Brown's up as some kind of model of stability and success.  Need I remind you of their string of  "successes" over the course of the last 10 years.  They're 31st in the league. Only the Rams have lost more games.  Our beloved Jets aren't nearly as bad, ranked  21st. 

I should have known making that statement would cause someone to respond like this.  I clearly didnt say that they were some "model franchise". My statement was made BECAUSE they've been so bad, because they've been the absolute worse. The moment they established order they begin going in the right direction. Ironically, The Browns are in a better position and the Rams were in just in the SB. So the 10 year comparison has nothing to do with what im talking about in regards to recent history.

That was my point. The Jets are still doing stupid sh*t, so they're getting stupid results. I dont need a ranking over the last 10 years to know that today the Browns are in a better position than the Jets because they got a guy who's not with the buffoonery. It's really that simple. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, CTM said:

If the results are middling they will back stab each other with more ferocity than strangers

I'm sure, but the guy will be a Gase crony and therefore out with Gase. 

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

I should have known making that statement would cause someone to respond like this.  I clearly didnt say that they were some "model franchise". My statement was made BECAUSE they've been so bad, because they've been the absolute worse. The moment they established order they begin going in the right direction.

That was my point. The Jets are still doing stupid sh*t, so they're getting stupid results. I dont need a ranking over the last 10 years to know that today the Browns are in a better position than the Jets because they got a guy who's not with the buffoonery. It's really that simple. 

Be fair.  The Jets have not had any results.

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Be fair.  The Jets have not had any results.

Explain. I think im being fair. 

We just fired our GM in May. The offseason started in January. Our Coach wasnt even around for the draft and he didnt like the money allocated to his newest free agent signings...which in the case of Mosley I 100% agree with. 

Lets be fair and know that the results didnt start 2 days ago. There has been problems lingering for months since the HC hire that wasnt even one of their top guys.

What am I being unfair about? I didnt present a ranking over the past 10 years to show how the Jets are better than the Rams and Browns, when all three teams are completely different today given that the Rams were just in the SB and the Browns have made a pretty decent turnaround. 

3 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

The coaching search was such a fail they fired the searcher and gave his job to the fail.

Doesn't get a whole lot Jetsier than this.

Life truly is stranger than fiction...

my gawd, this franchise. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Explain. I think im being fair. 

We just fired our GM in May. The offseason started in January. Our Coach wasnt even around for the draft and he didnt like the money allocated to his newest free agent signings...which in the case of Mosley I 100% agree with. 

Lets be fair and know that the results didnt start 2 days ago. There has been problems lingering for months since the HC hire that wasnt even one of their top guys.

What am I being unfair about? I didnt present a ranking over the past 10 years to show how the Jets are better than the Rams and Browns, when all three teams are completely different today given that the Rams were just in the SB and the Browns have made a pretty decent turnaround. 

The only results that matter are wins and losses. 

Well with teams that have awful coaching and gming on a continual basis you need to go right to the top.  C. Johnson has botched up almost everything he has put his hands to since taking over.

I am also an Edmonton Oilers fan so I am somewhat of an authority on terrible owners and a continuous array of bad coaches, gms and front office people.

43 minutes ago, CTM said:

Alright, so, let’s say hypothetically that the Jets fired Macc back in January and they turned around and hired Joe Douglas, who is allegedly a bright, young GM candidate who’d be a well-received hire. And then Douglas hires his buddy Gase. And then they sign Le’Veon and Mosley, and draft Quinnen Williams, which we’re all pretty mainstream moves to make. We’re essentially at the same point anyway, no? 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I'm sure, but the guy will be a Gase crony and therefore out with Gase. 

The johnsons just had a HC / GM combo that failed in first 3 years yet they extended them anyway for rebuild #2.

When they predictably failed again in year 4 (starting rookie QB), instead of canning or retaining both, they fire the coach and retain the GM with a strong vote of confidence. In the process, they hand the keys to the near time future of the franchise to said GM letting him pick a coach, run an important draft and spend 100M in free agency. Once that was all done and the roster for 19 more of less fixed,  they fire the GM.

The idea that the johnsons will act rationally or logically is folly.

4 hours ago, jgb said:

Andrew Perloff of The Dan Patrick Show shared one of the potentially big reasons Maccagnan has been ousted in favor of more power for new coach Adam Gase -- and it has to do with the way Maccagnan went about hiring Gase in the first place.

This is the exact sort of sensationalist media spin that we should be training ourselves to ignore. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, GreenFish said:

This feels like a reach. It seemed like CJ was running the show. Manning called CJ not Macc. CJ made the call to hire Gase. I’m starting to think all these leaks are coming from CJ trying to cover himself.

Matt Rhule Required a 15 million dollar buyout from Baylor 

McCarthy was a top 10 paid HC last year 

neither was a real candidate for this job 

The Jets flirted with KK and couldn't close that deal 

They hired Gase because he was cheap and available. they were running out of options

This last statement is the one everyone's going to bash me for but there's no actual proof he's better than Todd Bowles. 

In fact Gase such an offensive genius had the last ranked offense in football last year... worse than Jeremy Bates messing with Sasquatch... 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1