So when is Bell getting cut?

Just now, T0mShane said:

He represents $25 million in dead cap space if you try to move him, which is likely why Gase hated that contract in the first place.

Well that and Bell is a selfish me guy who got his stats because Ben and AB constantly had defenses in the dime

• Thumb Down 3

3 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Heard last night that Gase and Bell have been I’m constant contact over the last 2-3 days. 

This is an overblown non-issue. 

Bell is perfect for Gase and whatever you think about Gase, he’s not an idiot. 

I hope it works out and Bell wakes up.  This is his last payday and he could lose $20 million on the contract unless he decides to act like a teammate

2 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

I absolutely hated the idea of signing bell because I thought he was going to cost a fortune and come with too many risks. We ended up signing him for less than what the Steelers had offered him. The deal is not unreasonable and is worth it if he can return to what he was.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

I was the same way.  Initially I did not want Bell.  I saw the contract was semi reasonable so okay and then Bell decided to  Bell it up and no show practices after not playing football in over a year

Jets are trying to build a culture.  Garbage malcontents like Skrine and Lee have no place here.  Bell is a talented player but he is a selfish POS if he doesn’t buy into the team cut him next offseason 

I was the same way.  Initially I did not want Bell.  I saw the contract was semi reasonable so okay and then Bell decided to  Bell it up and no show practices after not playing football in over a year

Jets are trying to build a culture.  Garbage malcontents like Skrine and Lee have no place here.  Bell is a talented player but he is a selfish POS if he doesn’t buy into the team cut him next offseason 
I am not ready to say bell is selfish. He missed voulentary camp. I don't know what his routine is but as long as he comes to the mandatory ones I won't judge him too harshly

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

They'll cut him before they owe him the 2nd portion of the contract.

Till then, we'll enjoy him as the best player on the team unless Gase pulls a Miami and starts playing Montgomery over him because of some moronic lie that boils down to, I hate Bell because he has a personality.  

27 minutes ago, JiF said:

They'll cut him before they owe him the 2nd portion of the contract.

Till then, we'll enjoy him as the best player on the team unless Gase pulls a Miami and starts playing Montgomery over him because of some moronic lie that boils down to, I hate Bell because he has a personality.  

Or if Bell starts putting bulging eye Memes of Gase up in his locker. Could be trouble. 

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Or if Bell starts putting bulging eye Memes of Gase up in his locker. Could be trouble. 

Adam Gase strikes me as the type of guy who would walk into a room of his employees acting all cheerful and in a good mood but calls out one of his guys because he hears he does a great impression of him.  Acting all jovial and cordial and light hearted, Adam asks him to perform said impression for the team.  Said employee does it because Gase has such a fun attitude about it.  He nails it, eyes and all.  Everyone is dying laughing, including Gase...who suddenly stops, gets serious and bug eyed like a mofo and proceeds to fire said employee.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

He represents $25 million in dead cap space if you try to move him, which is likely why Gase hated that contract in the first place.

It's basically only a 2 year deal though, because the Jets have an out. 

The notion that the Bell contract is a bad contract for the Jets is very silly. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

Adam Gase strikes me as the type of guy who would walk into a room of his employees acting all cheerful and in a good mood but calls out one of his guys because he hears he does a great impression of him.  Acting all jovial and cordial and light hearted, Adam asks him to perform said impression for the team.  Said employee does it because Gase has such a fun attitude about it.  He nails it, eyes and all.  Everyone is dying laughing, including Gase...who suddenly stops, gets serious and bug eyed like a mofo and proceeds to fire said employee.  

He's Sgt. Hulka. 

"I love jokes. I got a hell of sense of humor. Ain't I, Corporal Riggs?"

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

It's basically only a 2 year deal though, because the Jets have an out. 

The notion that the Bell contract is a bad contract for the Jets is very silly. 

But it’s a bulletproof two years. Gase has zero leverage over Bell if Bell decides to flake out on the team. Now, at least, he can just deactivate Bell and the organization can hang the dead money on Macc.

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

But it’s a bulletproof two years. Gase has zero leverage over Bell if Bell decides to flake out on the team. Now, at least, he can just deactivate Bell and the organization can hang the dead money on Macc.

Good coaches deactivate their best player.  Exudes confidence in their leadership.  Worked out really well for Gase in Miami.