So when is Bell getting cut?

On 5/17/2019 at 8:59 AM, Philc1 said:

So when is Bell getting cut?

Probably halfway into his second contract with the Jets. After the Super Bowl victory it will be time for Darnold to go forward with a less expensive back.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

there isn't a single jet player immune from being cut but to arbitrarily talk about a timetable for bell without him touching the ball once is pretty ridiculous.  he'll mostly be on the team for at least two seasons if only to defray the cap hit but even there, at the end of 2 seasons there will be other contracts coming off the books and it's not like the jets are in cap hell right now.

3 hours ago, kelticwizard said:

It's a voluntary practice.  And even though he doesn't have to be, Bell is on the premises working out preparing for the season.  It's not like he's partying in Aruba or someplace.

I’m sure you would be this understanding if Quinnen Williams was skipping these practices

I'd be a little more concerned with a rookie, because I would think he'd be licking his chops just to show what he could do on the professional level for the first time.  He's finally achieved his goal.  With Leveon, he's gone to the Pro Bowl several times, and while this is a different pro team, he knows he can play in this league and what he needs to be prepared to function optimally.