Greenie/Smith/Cimini/Everyone else with brain shreads Jets

As they should. Bonehead move. But the SOJF are happy spo theres that! What on earth will they do with no Bowles or Mac to blame? Oh yea I can hear it a year from now as the cheetoes falls out of their mouths "DIS IS STILL MACS ROSTAAA BRO"

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/79948/jets-turbulence-one-big-job-opening-so-many-questions

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 18

Just now, Bugg said:

Mike Greenberg is a whiny spoiled brat. Who gives a f___ what he thinks about anything.

Cimini is selling chaos because it churns page views. And all of them are trying to get gullible people to buy ESPN online content. NO THANKS, BRO. So you can get incisive stuff like Screaming A. Smith babbling endlessly about who the Knicks might sign. 

Greenberg is a milquetoast idiot.  

Cimini is a negative Nancy who makes Beningo look optimistic.  Cimini thought Paxton Lynch was the next Elway so there ya go

• Upvote 3

mac was beyond terrible-I wanted him gone last year at seasons end

it makes zero sense to let the guy you think sucks draft and go through FA

then what makes matters worse is giving more power to a loser failed coach who has run some of the worst offenses in the league-it is not like they gave parcells or bb control they gave it to a scrub coach who for sure will fail

6 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

These guys just fuel the SOJ mentality and some of you are all too happy to lap it up. 

CJ said after they hire the new guy, the reporting structure wouldn't change 

all the insults directed toward the beat writers doesn't change the fact that the "Everyone reports to the owner" structure is foolish

everyone wants to shoot the messenger 

• Upvote 1

Chris Johnson is a neophyte owner who just went thru only his second off season in any capacity as a football executive. He can be given a little slack if he was apprehensive about cleaning house entirely before that second off season. All it took was the second one, however, for him to realize that Mac had to go, too, and he rightfully pulled the trigger. 

Also it's May, so what the hell else are these football talking heads gonna talk about? 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

5 minutes ago, slats said:

Chris Johnson is a neophyte owner who just went thru only his second off season in any capacity as a football executive. He can be given a little slack if he was apprehensive about cleaning house entirely before that second off season. All it took was the second one, however, for him to realize that Mac had to go, too, and he rightfully pulled the trigger. 

Also it's May, so what the hell else are these football talking heads gonna talk about? 

Unfortunately irrational people refuse to acknowledge this point.  Johnson has only been a "football owner"

for two years, a good manager should take his time reviewing an organization before making sweeping

changes

44 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

As they should. Bonehead move. But the SOJF are happy spo theres that! What on earth will they do with no Bowles or Mac to blame? Oh yea I can hear it a year from now as the cheetoes falls out of their mouths "DIS IS STILL MACS ROSTAAA BRO"

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/79948/jets-turbulence-one-big-job-opening-so-many-questions

doosh with a huge side of EFF-U for calling anyone but yourself and all the rest of the little crybaby whiners here SOJF's

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, kmnj said:

mac was beyond terrible-I wanted him gone last year at seasons end

it makes zero sense to let the guy you think sucks draft and go through FA

then what makes matters worse is giving more power to a loser failed coach who has run some of the worst offenses in the league-it is not like they gave parcells or bb control they gave it to a scrub coach who for sure will fail

he did have a good record when Tannehill played but he was hurt a lot.  so there is a little hope

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

He brings up a great point in the video tho. How are you doing a "deep dive" on a GM as if you been overseeing the franchise for just a limited time. Woody has been gone for almost 2 years. Chris Johnson had that opportunity to "Deep Dive" when he didnt fire Bowles and Macc last year. WTF was he doing? 

Nothing Johnson or Gase have said sounds true, given that everything that they've said has either been exposed as a lie or as some level of damage control. 

44 minutes ago, bitonti said:

CJ said after they hire the new guy, the reporting structure wouldn't change 

all the insults directed toward the beat writers doesn't change the fact that the "Everyone reports to the owner" structure is foolish

everyone wants to shoot the messenger 

It’s an easy narrative, and even if it’s rooted in some truth and history, these beat guys are happy to stir the pot at every opportunity. 

Does this organization deserve the benefit of the doubt? Probably not  but not every move needs to be turned into ‘the sky is falling!’ Scenario. Mac sucked. Gase has crazy eyes. Timing appears bad. But until proven otherwise I’ll naively pretend that there’s a plan in place moving forward.

Why does everyone get so upset if the media roasts the Jets.  I am used to it by now -- they want to call us dysfuctional, Fine.  Call us a circus; a sh!tshow.  Whatever.  There is only one thing that will change that tune -- and it is winning and winning consistenlty. Something we have never been able to do except for short stretches during our history.

I don't need the media to form my opinions.  I am glad we fired Macc; would have rather it had been done in January.  But we didn't; we did it now.  He was a bad Gm and he is gone.  That is a good thing.

Now, we have put all our eggs int eh Adam Gase basket.  I am skeptical that it will work out well.  Didn't like the Gase hire in January and still don't.  But like the media, my opinion does not matter.  Just win games and we will all come around.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Honestly SOJF can be used for the same old fans who year after year keep insisting the revolving door of Jets failure is something other than that, and that we need to keep every bad GM, coach, player, etc.

CJ had been derelict in his duties by being in charge yet acting like this was a tennis club to show up to and shake hands and do lunch and leave. He basically admitted he only actually watching the GM up close starting in 2019.

The timing looks clownshoes, but it was clownshoes to extend/keep Macc after he couldn't get people signed with the mountain of cap room he had in 2018. Frankly it was idiotic of Woody to hire him in the first place. The positive is at least CJ didn't wait another year or 3 to make things even worse.

People worry too much about this week's reactionary headlines before the new GM is hired. They'll get someone else in here and if he's any good (and on the same page as the HC for a change), before long no one will care whether he was hired in May or January. As others noted, it's not like OMG all the good GMs were scooped up 4 months ago. 

Bingo.  There's nothing else to talk about and this whole situation is unquestionably stupid, simply because Maccagnan was still employed, but its ultimately relatively meaningless when all is said and done.  If the next hire works out, no one will ever care, and if anything they could end up getting praised later, when people are talking about how the Jets managed to beat all of next year's GM-seeking teams to the punch, and give the new guy and his staff of full year of prep before next offseason.

On the other hand, if the hire fails, it will just be more of the SOJ talk, and that would have happened regardless of when the hiring was done.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

Bingo.  There's nothing else to talk about and this whole situation is unquestionably stupid, simply because Maccagnan was still employed, but its ultimately relatively meaningless when all is said and done.  If the next hire works out, no one will ever care, and if anything they could end up getting praised later, when people are talking about how the Jets managed to beat all of next year's GM-seeking teams to the punch, and give the new guy and his staff of full year of prep before next offseason.

On the other hand, if the hire fails, it will just be more of the SOJ talk, and that would have happened regardless of when the hiring was done.

Exactly. 

If the Jets have a winning season. no one will even remember this come December. 

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

Why does everyone get so upset if the media roasts the Jets.  I am used to it by now -- they want to call us dysfuctional, fine.  Call us a circus; a sh!tshow.  Whatever.  There is only one thing that will change that tune -- and it is winning and winning consistenlty. Something we have never been able to do except for short stretches during our history.

I don't need the media to form my opinions.  I am glad we fired Macc; would have rather it had been done in January.  But we didn't; we did it now.  He was a bad Gm and he is gone.  That is a good thing.

Now, we have put all our eggs int eh Adam Gase basket.  I am skeptical that it will work out well.  Didn't like the Gase hire in January and still don't.  But like the media, my opinion does not matter.  Just win games and we will all come around.

The media just plays up to whatever they think will do the best job of getting the NY crowd riled up.  When things are going well, no one is hesitant to hop on the train and start talking the team up big time.  Think back to when the 2008 Jets knocked off the undefeated Titans, folks all over the place were talking about them as Super Bowl favorites.  In 2010 (and to a slightly lesser extent 2009) plenty of the talking heads were on the Jets side, especially once they started knocking off playoff teams as the constant underdogs.

If things are going badly though?  Oh man, are they going to do everything possible to get the anger flowing.  From their perspective, any type of reaction is a win for them, whether good or bad.

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

They’re not roasting them for firing Maccagnan necessarily, it was the timing.   No one really thinks that Maccagnan didn’t deserve to be fired, it just should have happened in January.  

It didn’t happen in January and they didn’t roast the Jets for not doing it. In fact they had good things to say about the Jets during this time. It’s real asimple, Johnson saw enough of Bowles - gone. Kept MM and recruited Gase. Saw deficiencies in MM in present environment. Gase much more dynamic and demanding than Bowles. MM not the right personality for the Jets new direction. Scream about Gase if u want but stop the ‘it should have been done in January ‘ These reporters are babies and frauds. Could care less what they think. This is a good time to change so as to get everyone on the same page and direction for the upcoming year. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Run your opinions based off of what Greenie, SASmith and Cimini opine.  Leads to threads like this. 

Wait ESPN is click baiting some Jets fans?  And they fall in, linking to the story?  Nah

• Upvote 1