Jump to content
kevinc855

Greenie/Smith/Cimini/Everyone else with brain shreads Jets

Recommended Posts

Of course the media is killing the team -- the timing of the Mac firing (whether you fundamentally wanted him gone or not) reeks of organizational dysfunction/incompetence. There's no positive way to spin how this played out.

At the end of the day the only thing that matters now is making a good hire and hoping the team wins in the fall.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

As they should. Bonehead move. But the SOJF are happy spo theres that! What on earth will they do with no Bowles or Mac to blame? Oh yea I can hear it a year from now as the cheetoes falls out of their mouths "DIS IS STILL MACS ROSTAAA BRO"

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/79948/jets-turbulence-one-big-job-opening-so-many-questions

People with brains actually realize that Mac is gone and the team is moving forward... Everything else is clickbait BS by a bunch of reporters that got their butt hurt by losing their sources and being fed false info...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Exactly. 

If the Jets have a winning season. no one will even remember this come December. 

There is always the year after this year. I'm not expecting  SB win, but I do expect at least a 9-7 season and flirting with the playoffs would be nice.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Of course the media is killing the team -- the timing of the Mac firing (whether you fundamentally wanted him gone or not) reeks of organizational dysfunction/incompetence. There's no positive way to spin how this played out.

At the end of the day the only thing that matters now is making a good hire and hoping the team wins in the fall.

No it doesn't, it shows that Chris Johnson is learning and correcting his mistakes... Mac was bad and now he is gone.  There are many teams in the league that having scouting turnover right after the draft... It doesn't happen as often with GMs because there are only 32 of them. The timing narrative is so dumb and reeks of reporters scorned by an owner... This happens more often then people realize, the lazy this is Jets Dysfunction is because there is nothing to talk about in the slow season... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Apache 51 said:

There is always the year after this year. I'm not expecting  SB win, but I do expect at least a 9-7 season and flirting with the playoffs would be nice.

9-7 is minimum with this schedule... anything less is a failure

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are 2 possible routes as to why they fired Mac now.

1) they just figured this out and are disfunctional 

2) they knew it was coming, wanted to attract FAs rather than put off an unstable vibe scaring them off. They wanted to have a ton of hype for the uniform launch and didn't want anything of overshadow that. They wanted to allow the current scouting department to finish out their work without them worrying about their long term job security.

 

I tend to believe it's the later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

As they should. Bonehead move. But the SOJF are happy spo theres that! What on earth will they do with no Bowles or Mac to blame? Oh yea I can hear it a year from now as the cheetoes falls out of their mouths "DIS IS STILL MACS ROSTAAA BRO"

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/79948/jets-turbulence-one-big-job-opening-so-many-questions

Gee-wiz, the Jets ownership has earned the benefit of the doubt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

They have brains?  Coulda fooled me

 

 

You may find this hard to believe, but whichever sportswriters share the opinions I currently hold, are the smart ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

No it doesn't, it shows that Chris Johnson is learning and correcting his mistakes... Mac was bad and now he is gone.  There are many teams in the league that having scouting turnover right after the draft... It doesn't happen as often with GMs because there are only 32 of them. The timing narrative is so dumb and reeks of reporters scorned by an owner... This happens more often then people realize, the lazy this is Jets Dysfunction is because there is nothing to talk about in the slow season... 

Yeah, I'm sorry but this just isn't really true. 

Firing the coach, keeping the GM through the draft process and allowing him to assist in interviewing coaches then firing him three weeks after the draft makes no sense at all. It's a 180 degree pivot from an organizational decision made months ago that is clearly the result of a successful coup by the new coach.

I mean, what changed other than Gase making it known he didn't want to work with this guy? There's simply no logical reason to keep Mac from January through May other than "we didn't know what we were doing in January."

And how can you argue Chris Johnson has learned from his mistakes when he's continuing to employ the same ridiculous structure where the coach and GM both report to him that led to this mistake in the first place?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Cimini roasted Mac for not drafting Paxton Lynch three years ago

Paxton Lynch sucked.  Not even sure if he is still on a team?  I think Mac had terrible drafts not including the high draft players who fell to him.  The one thing I think he did well was structure contracts so the Jets could get out with minimal impact to the cap in future years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

As they should. Bonehead move. But the SOJF are happy spo theres that! What on earth will they do with no Bowles or Mac to blame? Oh yea I can hear it a year from now as the cheetoes falls out of their mouths "DIS IS STILL MACS ROSTAAA BRO"

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/79948/jets-turbulence-one-big-job-opening-so-many-questions

You are the worst poster on the board. The Jets are clueless because they fired an incompetent GM at the wrong time take is incredibly lame. You once admitted to preferring to be mediocre to shooting for a great team, so I guess your plan was to give Mac an extension and keep letting him dismantle the franchise. Yes he should have been fired on Black Monday. That didnt happen, but the owner finally realized how incompetent he was and took action. That is a good thing regardless of what the talking heads say

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Yeah, I'm sorry but this just isn't really true. 

Firing the coach, keeping the GM through the draft process and allowing him to assist in interviewing coaches then firing him three weeks after the draft makes no sense at all. It's a 180 degree pivot from an organizational decision made months ago that is clearly the result of a successful coup by the new coach.

I mean, what changed other than Gase making it known he didn't want to work with this guy? There's simply no logical reason to keep Mac from January through May other than "we didn't know what we were doing in January."

And how can you argue Chris Johnson has learned from his mistakes when he's continuing to employ the same ridiculous structure where the coach and GM both report to him that led to this mistake in the first place?

Why hire a coach and 6 months into a forced relationship when the coach says, hey this is failing you organizationally right now. Stuff we have been hearing for years... 

So you then just give up...? Fire them both?... Or cut ties and move on... I think this is one of the best organizational decisions you could have made... Sure you can fire both but then you are months behind.... 

Best ceo decision at that moment is to fire the gm and give gase a fair chance. 

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

You are the worst poster on the board. The Jets are clueless because they fired an incompetent GM at the wrong time take is incredibly lame. You once admitted to preferring to be mediocre to shooting for a great team, so I guess your plan was to give Mac an extension and keep letting him dismantle the franchise. Yes he should have been fired on Black Monday. That didnt happen, but the owner finally realized how incompetent he was and took action. That is a good thing regardless of what the talking heads say

I know how complex organizations work. I know what leadership is. This is selfish move by a clueless owner that makes us look silly. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I know how complex organizations work. I know what leadership is. This is selfish move by a clueless owner that makes us look silly. 

Completely wrong. Johsnon realized a mistake and then do the only option he had at the time. There is absolutely nothing selfish about it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kmnj said:

mac was beyond terrible-I wanted him gone last year at seasons end

it makes zero sense to let the guy you think sucks draft and go through FA

then what makes matters worse is giving more power to a loser failed coach who has run some of the worst offenses in the league-it is not like they gave parcells or bb control they gave it to a scrub coach who for sure will fail

 

 

Last year? Lol 😂 I wanted him home immediately after I found out he kept Geno on the roster and was going to start him. It would have saved us tons of grief if he was fired immediately. I knew then he was way over his head. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

3rd time I'm gonna say this in the last few days.

Was it organizational incompetence when KC fired Dorsey in June?

How about when Carolina fired Gettleman in July?

 What about when Whaley was ousted from Buffalo on May 1st, right after the draft?

I mean, the only situation that was directly analogous to what the Jets just did (organization that has been losing for a decade fires their coach, allows the GM to assist in hiring the new coach, then gets offed right after the draft) would be the Bills. And yeah, that was organizational incompetence. At least in that case Whaley had supposedly been nerfed of power and McDermott was running the show whereas here Mac was making moves the coach was upset with.

What the Chiefs and Panthers did was weird but those teams had been winning in recent years so they didn't get hit with the same stink.

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

They all made the right decision, even KC.  F*ck timing.  If it lands us a better GM than Maccagnan, than it was a brilliant move.

Obviously if the GM they hire is really good firing Maccagnan was the right move. In fact, I think it would be difficult for whoever we hire not to surpass Mac in overall performance. I mean, really, I don't think there are many people killing the Jets who think that Maccagnan was good at his job and should have been safe for the next three years...

But there's no real excuse for letting it play out this way other than "we didn't know what we were doing in January." Hopefully we nail the hire -- but the way this happened is causing people to whisper in Joe Douglas' ear "don't go to that sh!tshow" and I wouldn't blame him if he didn't want to.

The organizational structure between Mac and Bowles both reporting directly to Johnson was a huge part of the problem over the last five years and the owner hasn't learned his lesson. If Jets win it will be because key players (Darnold and Gase specifically) overcome a poorly run organization not because the Jets a well run one.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

They’re not roasting them for firing Maccagnan necessarily, it was the timing.   No one really thinks that Maccagnan didn’t deserve to be fired, it just should have happened in January.  

We all agree should have 100% happened last Jan. But it is 100% better to get rid of this desperate pos now then next Jan. He would have made bad desperate moves hoping to save his job. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

They’re not roasting them for firing Maccagnan necessarily, it was the timing.   No one really thinks that Maccagnan didn’t deserve to be fired, it just should have happened in January.  

The roasting goes beyond that to dissing the hiring “process” of a coach. Williams and Gase were the choices for coordinators but they couldn’t get anyone to agree to that so they got stuck with Gase as HC by default. It all makes sense now! 

  • Like 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Completely wrong. Johsnon realized a mistake and then do the only option he had at the time. There is absolutely nothing selfish about it.

Ignore the lemmings... They follow whatever the media tells them they should be outraged about. Obviously there are people here that have never run a business. 

CJ is a rookie owner 2 years into his tenure... Took some things for granted... Looked into the disfunction and fixed it within 6 months.. Allowing gase to hire his man is exactly what you want... You want a coach and gm that want each other and are not forced into a relationship... All this other BS being spit by the media is because they are bored and jumping on an easy media click bait campaign. 

Not believing in gase is one thing... Saying this is bad timing is another.... Don't mix them. 

Half this board was upset because the gm and coach were hired separately... Now that they are going to pair them up... Now that's the bad thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

There are 2 possible routes as to why they fired Mac now.

1) they just figured this out and are disfunctional 

2) they knew it was coming, wanted to attract FAs rather than put off an unstable vibe scaring them off. They wanted to have a ton of hype for the uniform launch and didn't want anything of overshadow that. They wanted to allow the current scouting department to finish out their work without them worrying about their long term job security.

 

I tend to believe it's the later.

OR

3. It was spur-of-the-moment-extemporaneous-knee-jerkedness.

 

 

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

3rd time I'm gonna say this in the last few days.

Was it organizational incompetence when KC fired Dorsey in June?

How about when Carolina fired Gettleman in July?

What about when Whaley was ousted from Buffalo on May 1st, right after the draft?

They all made the right decision, even KC.  F*ck timing.  If it lands us a better GM than Maccagnan, than it was a brilliant move.

You are arguing with know-it-alls that don't understand cutting losses.... Should the coach and gm been hired at the same time... Of course... CJ didn't and now corrected the mistake. It's not like the FA or draft went bad... It was ok... Not great but ok... Now Douglas can come in and prepare for 2020 with a full year and has till August to make trades or moves for 2019... Overall this roster improved from 2018... Ok.. Well move on and look ahead.. Not what should have happened. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

As they should. Bonehead move. But the SOJF are happy spo theres that! What on earth will they do with no Bowles or Mac to blame? Oh yea I can hear it a year from now as the cheetoes falls out of their mouths "DIS IS STILL MACS ROSTAAA BRO"

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/79948/jets-turbulence-one-big-job-opening-so-many-questions

Hey, we should have committed to an early version of Hard Knocks where we could have televised the Mac firing in real-time. Everyone says we do things the wrong way, but now it is being stated that firing GMs after the draft is the new way to do things. When I was young I made the mistake saying to a Boss I had they waiting to fire one manager right after a project completed. He said, "why would they do it before that, to impact the project itself"?.  That is correct. Why let people go before a draft that took 8-9 months of planning?. So, the draft not only gets messed up potentially, but also they have info about our plans they could provide to other teams that could also make us lose out on players we wanted to draft?.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mudcat22 said:

Paxton Lynch sucked.  Not even sure if he is still on a team?  I think Mac had terrible drafts not including the high draft players who fell to him.  The one thing I think he did well was structure contracts so the Jets could get out with minimal impact to the cap in future years.

Not drafting Paxton Lynch was maybe the best draft move Macagnan made before 2018

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

We all agree should have 100% happened last Jan. But it is 100% better to get rid of this desperate pos now then next Jan. He would have made bad desperate moves hoping to save his job. 

Macagnan would have given Leo a $100 million extension and ignored the OL yet again next offseason 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never realized how bad the Jets beat is until this week.  But none of the uproar should be a surprise anytime the media can laugh at NYJ they do

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Macagnan would have given Leo a $100 million extension and ignored the OL yet again next offseason 

Yep. I wasn’t big on Gase, but I don’t see any other HC having the guts to pull this off 4 months on the job. So he is a blessing in disguise. Mac would have destroyed this team, and darnold. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Yep. I wasn’t big on Gase, but I don’t see any other HC having the guts to pull this off 4 months on the job. So he is a blessing in disguise. Mac would have destroyed this team, and darnold. 

We could have had Paradis and Trent Brown but Macagnan said nah I’ll sign the pothead RB instead

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

We could have had Paradis and Trent Brown but Macagnan said nah I’ll sign the pothead RB instead

 

Why on earth would Mac care to sign a center ? Not at all an important position for a young qb 🙄🙈

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

There are 2 possible routes as to why they fired Mac now.

1) they just figured this out and are disfunctional 

2) they knew it was coming, wanted to attract FAs rather than put off an unstable vibe scaring them off. They wanted to have a ton of hype for the uniform launch and didn't want anything of overshadow that. They wanted to allow the current scouting department to finish out their work without them worrying about their long term job security.

 

I tend to believe it's the later.

Someone posted an article earlier about CJ didn't want to fire both his GM and HC because it would be too overwhelming to fill both positions like those.  So it sounds like he trusted Macc to help find him a good HC.  But then he turned around and fired Macc (like he wanted to all along) and is going to a hire a GM based on the reference of his new HC.

It's sounds crazy enough to be 100% true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

As they should. Bonehead move. But the SOJF are happy spo theres that! What on earth will they do with no Bowles or Mac to blame? Oh yea I can hear it a year from now as the cheetoes falls out of their mouths "DIS IS STILL MACS ROSTAAA BRO"

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/79948/jets-turbulence-one-big-job-opening-so-many-questions

The people responding positively aren't SOJF.... The SOJF are those of you finding the absolute worst parts of anything the team does. They're those of you that probably unconsciously find the cynical and negative side with every move the team makes... Hire someone? Find a fault and laugh... Fire someone? Find a fault and be cynical...

To be the SOJF are the ones who are almost so used to the pain at this point that trying to put a positive or hopeful spin on something scares them. It's just easier to be negative. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dcJet said:

OR

3. It was spur-of-the-moment-extemporaneous-knee-jerkedness.

 

 

Wouldn't that fall under number 1 haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...