What is more disappointing?

What are you more disappointed by?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. What are you more disappointed by?

• The firing of Maccagnan, how it was handled by the Jets, the timing, etc.
    • The reaction of some Jets fans to the firing, their criticism of the circumstances, making Macc a martyr, etc.

10 minutes ago, CTM said:

I've been in the sh*t for 15 years, 3 tours. Broke in on the front line of the war on Penningtology back on Scout and was deployed to JI when the war escalated. Dont think I've ever recovered. To this day my PTSD kicks in when someone even mentions completion %

These days I root primarily for what will cause the most bitching here. 

Don't listen to CTM. He knows very little. 

Jets fans like me have the thousand yard stare. A Jets fan gets it after he's been in the sh*t for too long. It's like you're really seeing beyond. I got it. All real Jets fans got it. And you'll have it, too.

• Upvote 3

Hard to be disappointed when it was entirely expected. 

Seems to be a re-litigation of both keeping Mac an extra five months and the Gase hire.

Mac getting fired at any time is a straight-up good thing. Don't understand the complaints about that. He sucks, but once the team kept him for this off season, they should've waited until next January to fire him because that's when the optics are best? What? 

Gase is here, he's the coach, and I'm rooting for him to succeed. Was he my first choice? No. But if you told me the Jets were hiring a relatively young guy, well-respected on the offensive side of the ball and with previous head coaching experience, I'd be on board before you told me his name. I'm ready to see what happens. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

This place is bonkers right now.   I can barely even post. 

I am a pessimist by nature.  And while I am concerned by the appearance of chaos around Darnold when what he needs is stability, I really believe everything is going to be fine when this team hits the field...  except for cornerback. 

It's May. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

This place is bonkers right now.   I can barely even post. 

I am a pessimist by nature.  And while I am concerned by the appearance of chaos around Darnold when what he needs is stability, I really believe everything is going to be fine when this team hits the field...  except for cornerback. 

It's May. 

Good post.

I'm having a hard time understanding the crowd that's been given just about everything it has wanted for the past 12 months and is still finding things to violently complain about.  Sure, the firing wasn't perfect and looks a little messy, but how often are firings a pleasant experience that everyone agrees with?

There's a chorus of Jets fans that has been asking for Bowles to be fired (done), hiring an offensive-minded HC (done), getting Darnold some offensive weapons (done) and firing Maccagnan (done), etc.  We've got people getting the precise Christmas gift they've wanted.....and they're b!tching about the wrapping paper.  Oh well, I don't get it.

• Upvote 1

The fans. Everyone knew the guy should have been fired along with Bowles 2 years ago. The timing is stupid but keeping him around even longer only compounds the stupidity. You realize the talking heads who work on ESPN/Radio/Jets Beat don't like or give a sh*t about the team? Now that these titans of clickbate are complaing cause they lost Mac as source, all for a guy who'd like to go Mad Queen on them, you dopes are upset.

I voted for the second option, but honestly both. Mac should have been fired with Bowles 2 years ago.

Fans here just have to have something to complain about and right now its Mac being fired because of "insert excuse"..

Mac was bad, deserved to be fired long ago. lets move along....

I mean, I don't care what the fans think.

This was an embarrassing bungling of the situation by the organization. The obvious move was to fire Maccagnan along with Bowles in December. They stuck with him and allowed him to shape the roster then fired him after the coach he interviewed staged a coup -- and all of this was a product of the inane management structure the Johnsons have implemented in the first place which they are apparently continuing to roll with.

There are certainly fans who are overly negative and hate everything the team does but I find it baffling anyone could objectively not think the way this played out was idiotic.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Option 3:

Having our quarterback, and having some very solid pieces added in FA and the draft allowing us to hopefully think we are about to turn the corner and contend, only to come crashing back down to being viewed as the circus, and feeling like we are back to square one,.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, chrisfaceoff said:

Option 3:

Having our quarterback, and having some very solid pieces added in FA and the draft allowing us to hopefully think we are about to turn the corner and contend, only to come crashing back down to being viewed as the circus, and feeling like we are back to square one,.

They are looney tunes.

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

So should I put you in the camp of wanting to keep Maccagnan longer just so that the Jets could fire him "at the right time" after the 2019 season, when they can compete for a GM along with 5 to 7 other teams?

Nope.  You can put me in the camp that would have fired Macc years ago, or at the least, at the end of last season along with Bowles.

Folks can spin this any way they like, the Jets organization didn't handle it correctly. 

The outcome is fine (well, we'll see who they hire....), the methodology was horrendous and speaks to an ongoing fundamental mishandling of the organization and it's assets by the men in charge at the top.

Combine with the fact that Gase in no way shape or form warrants any GM title of any kind no matter how short-tenured, and yeah, there are legitimate reasons to be critical of how the move was made.  How.  Not that it was made.