Jump to content
WayneChrebet80

Sun Sentinal: Adam Gase did not like Sam Darnold as a prospect last year

Recommended Posts

 

 

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Taking a dig? All he said was preparing for Darnold is different than preparing for a HOF possible top 5 QB. 

Darnold was a green rookie.

ya, there’s a factual difference.

It was Gase being a sarcastic dick. It was a little dig.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, F00tballGuy69 said:

This is ridiculous.  If Gase didn't like Darnold, he wouldn't have come here.  He knew who the QB was when he agreed to take the job.  This reeks of bitter hack writer for a rival team trying to stir up more nonsense.   

Its also possible he didn't like Darnold as a prospect initially and likes him now.  People get this stuff wrong sometimes.  Doesn't mean he's a poor talent evaluator.  And hence why he took the job here. 

There were reasons not to be fully onboard with Darnold at the time.  Turnovers, a few footwork issues (I believe one scout/analyst called him a "cow on skates", lol), and a questionable QBase score were among them.  And there's still only a little bit of evidence available on him to suggest he could become an elite QB.  I think he can/will, but when he was coming out of school, there were certainly a few important question marks. 

In short, this article is worthless. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, F00tballGuy69 said:

This is ridiculous.  If Gase didn't like Darnold, he wouldn't have come here.  He knew who the QB was when he agreed to take the job.  This reeks of bitter hack writer for a rival team trying to stir up more nonsense.  

Thank you. End of this nonsense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

until the jets hire a gm and unless that gm is respected, then yes.  it's a slow part of the nfl year and they have nothing else to discuss right now, and likely, until late july.

Yes, well aware. I just find the media to be very entertaining.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jetsons said:

The real question should be why was Gase even "offered" the job???... If true, THIS Is an indictment on the ownership more that Anything else.

Completely agree.  If there was any legitimate intel that Gase didn't like the QB or whatever other negative feedback is out there, why the hell did they offer him the job?  

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

 

 

It was Gase being a sarcastic dick. It was a little dig.

I don’t hear it lmao but alright.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, section314 said:

Thank you. End of this nonsense.

Did Gase have his pick of HC'ing gigs? Elway wanted nothing to do with him.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Completely agree.  If there was any legitimate intel that Gase didn't like the QB or whatever other negative feedback is out there, why the hell did they offer him the job?  

Because he came at a price the Johnson's were willing to pay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In other news Bill Belichick reportedly did not really like Tom Brady the first five chances he had to get him. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got a phone call from the New York Jets! They said Adam Gase doesn't like me. They also said he doesn't like my mom ...or his mom......  or himself.

  • Like 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gase also doesn't like his wife & kids

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gase most def studied darnold last year.  They were considering trading up.  Gase loved mayfield more.  So did Mac.  And they were right.  Mayfield is a much better player.

But gase did see darnold twice last year, watched the tape of the last 4 games and probably saw some things he think he can work with.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

https://www.richmond.com/sports/ap/dave-hyde-adam-gase-keeps-cashing-in-on-failure/article_48ad80d7-ed94-57a0-a5d4-c20e2cf5c7a4.html

Some of this is getting out of hand IMO.

There have now been reports Gase doesn’t like Bell, Mosley, Williams, and Darnold.

Honestly if all this is true and you didn’t like the teams QB and offseason strategy why take the job?

Also-Gase had zero shot at getting Darnold (who was a top 3 lock) so why would Gase spend a lot of time scouting him? 

Its scorched earth from reporters... they are digging up everything they can to hurt the organization because they are butt hurt that their sources are gone and were fed bad info... its obvious and its funny how many sheep are buying this crap and giving these reporters any credence... 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

so the florida local beat writers are bashing the HC who forced his way out b/c he didn't want to endure a rebuild.

So he goes to a team that has won 5,5, and 4 games in the last three seasons?  Rebuild ahoy!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Gase most def studied darnold last year.  They were considering trading up.  Gase loved mayfield more.  So did Mac.  And they were right.  Mayfield is a much better player.

But gase did see darnold twice last year, watched the tape of the last 4 games and probably saw some things he think he can work with.

3 years from now we can revisit your statement re the two QBs.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Its scorched earth from reporters... they are digging up everything they can to hurt the organization because they are butt hurt that their sources are gone and were fed bad info... its obvious and its funny how many sheep are buying this crap and giving these reporters any credence... 

They are? What's been dug up that hasnt been reported already? The jets right now are in turmoil- that is a fact. You can fanboy it up all you want, but the Jets right now are in disarray. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

FWIW, it’s the “Richmond Times-Dispatch” and this is one of the most poorly articulated columns I’ve ever seen come to print. This is his “sourcing”:

 

 

Everytime I think the dumbest fans reside on Facebook fan groups, someone finds an article like this, with this level of sourcing, posts it, resulting in outrage from posters here who can barely read the authors name, and I remember "NOPE".

Gase wanted the job because of Sam. Even if we give this micro-dicked author any semblance of legitimacy, I doubt that Gase feels the same way about Sam now that he's played as a pro compared to when he was a college prospect.  The other day I thought he was ready to go balls deep after the praise he dropped on Darnold.  It's kinda like how I hated Mahomes as a prospect, but now I love watching him play ball.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

3 years from now we can revisit your statement re the two QBs.

He said the same stupid sh*t about Manziel being a bonafide, can't miss, superstar, with the same faux confidence back on JI, so I wouldn't lose your mind over it.  This past year he also said that McCown would come in and show us that it wasn't Bates who sucked, it was Darnold.

He's such a Mike Francesa-level mush that it's almost reassuring when he says sh*t like this.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Everytime I think the dumbest fans reside on Facebook fan groups, someone finds an article like this, with this level of sourcing, posts it, resulting in outrage from posters here who can barely read the authors name, and I remember "NOPE".

Gase wanted the job because of Sam. Even if we give this micro-dicked author any semblance of legitimacy, I doubt that Gase feels the same way about Sam now that he's played as a pro compared to when he was a college prospect.  The other day I thought he was ready to go balls deep after the praise he dropped on Darnold.  It's kinda like how I hated Mahomes as a prospect, but now I love watching him play ball.

 

Neither were eithers first choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Did Gase have his pick of HC'ing gigs? Elway wanted nothing to do with him.

Because Gase f*cking hates Elway.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate the offseason. So does Adam Gase.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Neither were eithers first choice.

We have no idea about that because Gase himself said, going back to last year, that Miami was so sure that Darnold was going #1 that they barely did any, if at all, scouting on him.

Doesn't change the overall point which is this: even if this stupid report is true (with sourcing like that, I know where I'm leaning), it's perfectly believable that he changed his mind after watching tape on Sam in the pros considering that he came here in large part to coach Sam.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I just got a phone call from the New York Jets! They said Adam Gase doesn't like me. They also said he doesn't like my mom ...or his mom......  or himself.

^^ winner!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

https://www.richmond.com/sports/ap/dave-hyde-adam-gase-keeps-cashing-in-on-failure/article_48ad80d7-ed94-57a0-a5d4-c20e2cf5c7a4.html

Some of this is getting out of hand IMO.

There have now been reports Gase doesn’t like Bell, Mosley, Williams, and Darnold.

Honestly if all this is true and you didn’t like the teams QB and offseason strategy why take the job?

Also-Gase had zero shot at getting Darnold (who was a top 3 lock) so why would Gase spend a lot of time scouting him? 

That’s been well known. The Fins only interviewed Mayfield and Allen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Everytime I think the dumbest fans reside on Facebook fan groups, someone finds an article like this, with this level of sourcing, posts it, resulting in outrage from posters here who can barely read the authors name, and I remember "NOPE".

Gase wanted the job because of Sam. Even if we give this micro-dicked author any semblance of legitimacy, I doubt that Gase feels the same way about Sam now that he's played as a pro compared to when he was a college prospect.  The other day I thought he was ready to go balls deep after the praise he dropped on Darnold.  It's kinda like how I hated Mahomes as a prospect, but now I love watching him play ball.

 

It’s always surprising to me to see opinion columns in syndication that wouldn’t qualify as being even a decent op on a team message board. Like, if that was posted here originally, it’d get six replies and be on page three within two hours 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Supposedly the rif between Gase and Macc was about the HC hiring process. Sounds like Gase thought Macc didn’t run a clean process and passed over more qualified candidates.

Here’s the running list of mistakes the Jets have made Per Gase

- Signing Bell

- Signing Mosley

- Settling on Gase

- Drafting Q

- Drafting Darnold

- Not signing Paradis

- Did not want Crowder. Can’t remember who he wanted exactly. Fells?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WowOhWow said:

This is most likely crap.  But truth be told, with what's happened around Gase recently I'd say there's a 50/50 chance this is true.  

This is what you get when you have a psycho as your HC.  You never know what's fact and fiction.  Imagine having to follow this guy.

Just remember - Gase has done nothing other than be Peyton's caddie.  As a HC he was a disaster.  Alienated all his talent.

Doing it again here.

You have a job waiting for you at the Sentinel. 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Covering his bases, shrewd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jgb said:

This just in Adam Gase hates America, freedom and the Macy’s Day Parade. 

And puppies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...