Villain The Foe

Robert Pattinson to Play The Batman in Matt Reeves’ Film

On 6/25/2019 at 12:07 PM, nycdan said:

Christian Bale was probably the first Batman who wasn't completely lame.  So now that he's done, rather than try to improve things a bit, they go back to the well of despair and figure they'll grab all the women who loved Twilight to now become Batman fans while assuming everyone else will just keep on trucking along.  

Honestly, this is about one step above casting PeeWee Herman.  Other than Wonder Woman, there really hasn't been a good DCU movie yet and I see that they really don't want to break their run.  Sad because there are so many lesser known actors who probably could have been great in this role.

I think one of the biggest problems as well is that DC wants to ape the Marvel formula and grab someone who can play Batman for 10+ years like Tom Holland as Spider-Man.

I’d personally love to see someone like Jon Hamm in the role.

Hell, I even think it would be awesome if they totally swept that sh*tfest Batman v Superman under the rug and did a Dark Knight Returns adaptation and brought back Michael Keaton as an older, more cynical Batman.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

How many Batman films are enough?

Serious question. I’m a casual fan but I feel like I’ve seen every actor on the planet in a Batman movie. Val Kilmer, Heath Ledger, Arnold Swarzneggar, Michael Keaton, fricken Danny DeVito!

Will it ever end?

Just let Adam West Rest In Peace dagnabbit!

I don’t think it will ever end

I think the suits in Hollywood look at Batman in the same way as James Bond.

A franchise that can carry on for decades upon decades and continuously make them a sh*tload of money.

And it’s hard for me to disagree on that account.

Paul Dano cast as The Riddler.

Now THIS I like.

His performance in ‘There Will Be Blood’ was fantastic.

Virtually every scene with him and Daniel Day Lewis was awesome.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Can't stand that guys face

Sure

But that kid has definitely shown that he can act and Riddler is actually an awesome villain when not done in some silly ass, completely over the top, batsh*t nutty nuts mid-90’s Jim Carrey manner.

One of my complaints about live-action movie Batman has always been simple...Batman is supposed to be the “world’s greatest detective”. The movies have only dabbled in this. Otherwise, he’s just been Tony Stark. A billionaire playboy with a a sh*tload of tech knowledge.

If they can build some kind of sweetass detective mystery/thriller with some solid action set pieces blended in, with the Riddler as the main villain pulling the strings behind it all...It could very well turn out to be the Batman movie I’ve always wanted.

But of course a sh*tload of that has to do with how good or how bad Pattinson does as Batman.

And P.S.

As much as I loved Joaquin Phoenix and the new ‘Joker’ movie...please f*ck off with Joker in a Batman movie for at least the next 20 years. The guy has the best rogues gallery/list of villains of any hero in comics history. I’ll take f*cking Crazy Quilt or Zebra-Man at this point.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Bale was ******* horrible. Ledger and Hardy made those films palatable.

This

Bale played a good Bruce Wayne but that silly ass death metal growl as Batman was terrible.

Take away Ledger’s Joker, who appears in all of 15-20 minutes of a nearly 3 hour long movie, and The Dark Knight is as entertaining as watching flies f*ck.

• Post of the Week 1

On 3/4/2020 at 1:27 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

New Batmobile revealed and it spits hot fiyah. If you don't think this is badass you don't deserve a penis.

ESSHpVRXUAAzJlC.jpeg

ESSHpVWWAAALoTr.jpeg

ESSHpWFX0AA47-x.jpeg

Looks more like Mad Max’ car but I like it 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company