Villain The Foe

Robert Pattinson to Play The Batman in Matt Reeves’ Film

I know everyone's laughing about this because of Twilight but he's actually done some really great under-the-radar stuff the past few years. He did a scifi film called High life last year and he was exceptional. Shame he's been meme-cast because of Twilight because it's very clear he's a great actor.

Matt Reeves is also one hella brilliant dude. The rumors are he's going more with the detective angle than the brutish take that Snyder had, so this fits in with that.

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You're the Pac of DC. 

I actually loathe what DC has become. Wonder Woman and Aquaman were top notch horrible imitation Marvel garbage. Man of Steel and BvS aren't perfect movies but for ****'s sake at least they tried something different. The only reasons I'm holding out on hope for what they can do with Batman are Joker looks incredible and Matt Reeves is one of the few auteurs that studios tend to let be and make his movies.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, HessStation said:

Nolan def helped but Bale nailed it. Nothing is gonna touch that for me.

Nolan and Bale nailed a particular version well. There are other versions that if done as well would be just as good. Reeves is supposedly going with the more detective route of things, which hopefully puts him into the stuff that Neal Adams and Dennis O'Neill did in the 1970's.

The thing with Batman in the movies, essentially everything since Burton, it's all attempted to go either literally or inspired from everything of the Frank Miller years and the styles writers that came after that (Long Halloween, Killing Joke...etc). But there's this entire amazing pulpy, noir style of Batman with some horror elements in it, and that happens way before Miller, and it's worth noting that it's not campy at all. Definitely still possible to enjoy for adults.

I love The Dark Knight Returns, and I love the Loeb and Grant Morrison Batmans, but I'm a bit tired of them in the movies at this point. We get it, Batman is dark. "I'm Batman." Cue the seedy voice and the Hans Zimmer music. Enough already. It's time for something fresh. The comics have been reinventing Batman forever, it's time for the movies to do the same.

All signs point to Reeves going with something different and that makes me happy. What he did with the Apes franchise was some seriously cool sh*t, so I'm optimistic for sure.

Batman is one of those characters where people get caught up in how they define the character for themselves, but Batman is 80 years old. There have been countless iterations of him. Many of them really ******* good, and more importantly none of them are the only true way of doing it.

• Upvote 1

The Lighthouse is holy crap fantastic. I'll say it again, anyone that still has a problem with Pattinson has not seen anything this guy has done the past few years. He's without question one of the most talented actors in the world.

I'm psyched for that Reeves reveal. Rumors seem to be that's the theme music which is pretty badass. 2nd rumor is the gun that makes up the signal is the gun that killed his parents.

New Batmobile revealed and it spits hot fiyah. If you don't think this is badass you don't deserve a penis.

ESSHpVRXUAAzJlC.jpeg

ESSHpVWWAAALoTr.jpeg

ESSHpWFX0AA47-x.jpeg

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company