Sign in to follow this  
Villain The Foe

Robert Pattinson to Play The Batman in Matt Reeves’ Film

I dont know, it could work but I never was a fan of Ben Affleck. So I guess this is a move in the right direction by default. 

27 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

The Twilight guy?

LOL 

It just keeps getting worse and worse. 

• Upvote 2

I know everyone's laughing about this because of Twilight but he's actually done some really great under-the-radar stuff the past few years. He did a scifi film called High life last year and he was exceptional. Shame he's been meme-cast because of Twilight because it's very clear he's a great actor.

Matt Reeves is also one hella brilliant dude. The rumors are he's going more with the detective angle than the brutish take that Snyder had, so this fits in with that.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You're the Pac of DC. 

I actually loathe what DC has become. Wonder Woman and Aquaman were top notch horrible imitation Marvel garbage. Man of Steel and BvS aren't perfect movies but for ****'s sake at least they tried something different. The only reasons I'm holding out on hope for what they can do with Batman are Joker looks incredible and Matt Reeves is one of the few auteurs that studios tend to let be and make his movies.

• Upvote 1

Lol.

Can we get the wolf dude from Twighlight to play Wolverine next?

23 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Lol.

That's Marvel.  They generally get these things right. 

On 5/18/2019 at 12:32 AM, RutgersJetFan said:

I actually loathe what DC has become. Wonder Woman and Aquaman were top notch horrible imitation Marvel garbage. Man of Steel and BvS aren't perfect movies but for ****'s sake at least they tried something different. The only reasons I'm holding out on hope for what they can do with Batman are Joker looks incredible and Matt Reeves is one of the few auteurs that studios tend to let be and make his movies.

I think I'm in the minority, but I actually like Man of Steel. 

Ben Affleck, I didn't' mind as Batman.

Bale was good in it. He was more like the dark  early comic Batmam. Affleck  is like the crossover  cinematic dramatic Batman. 

But the fact is, what you don't get is entertainment  has billions to burn and do what  ever they want for controversy. You'l still eat it up. They build stuff up and then give you junk. Like pulling candy from a baby. They are the ones who are telling you it sucks while still giving it to you anyway. 

But also, movies are entirely  digitized. They can make this pussy look like a macho psycho ,easy. 

But odds are, you are seeing the Batman version of the middle 3 Star Wars movies, with the boy band young Darth Vader lol.

...or, they'll say, we heard you. The people have spoken! They'l get a new lead that everyone  likes..but still give a crappy product just to spite you! 

On 5/20/2019 at 9:52 PM, Spoot-Face said:

Lol.

Hopefully he takes his shirt off. 

Wait whut. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/17/2019 at 12:20 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

You're the Pac of DC. 

What's colder than cold.   

This.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

ill give him a chance.  remember when we all were like wtf they picked the dude from brokeback mountain to be the joker

But not the gay one.

23 minutes ago, BroadwayBen said:

why are there so many different batmans? 

Well, first off, Adam West is dead. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

Val Kilmer now weighs 520 pounds, so he's out.

On 6/23/2019 at 3:15 PM, CotcheryifyouCan said:

ill give him a chance.  remember when we all were like wtf they picked the dude from brokeback mountain to be the joker

I remember when they chose him.   I was like, "The guy from A Knight's Tale?"

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Ha you got me there. I was more so referring to the last 10-15 years seems like there has been quite a few changes. 

and heck even the late 80's and 90s went through multiple

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

Val Kilmer now weighs 520 pounds, so he's out.

And he can’t talk. Throat cancer. He’s is a bad way. 

He was in one of my favorite movies Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. With Tony Stark. 

Christian Bale was probably the first Batman who wasn't completely lame.  So now that he's done, rather than try to improve things a bit, they go back to the well of despair and figure they'll grab all the women who loved Twilight to now become Batman fans while assuming everyone else will just keep on trucking along.  

Honestly, this is about one step above casting PeeWee Herman.  Other than Wonder Woman, there really hasn't been a good DCU movie yet and I see that they really don't want to break their run.  Sad because there are so many lesser known actors who probably could have been great in this role.

How many Batman films are enough?

Serious question. I’m a casual fan but I feel like I’ve seen every actor on the planet in a Batman movie. Val Kilmer, Heath Ledger, Arnold Swarzneggar, Michael Keaton, fricken Danny DeVito!

Will it ever end?

Just let Adam West Rest In Peace dagnabbit!

On 6/25/2019 at 12:07 PM, nycdan said:

Christian Bale was probably the first Batman who wasn't completely lame.  So now that he's done, rather than try to improve things a bit, they go back to the well of despair and figure they'll grab all the women who loved Twilight to now become Batman fans while assuming everyone else will just keep on trucking along.  

Honestly, this is about one step above casting PeeWee Herman.  Other than Wonder Woman, there really hasn't been a good DCU movie yet and I see that they really don't want to break their run.  Sad because there are so many lesser known actors who probably could have been great in this role.

I think one of the biggest problems as well is that DC wants to ape the Marvel formula and grab someone who can play Batman for 10+ years like Tom Holland as Spider-Man.

I’d personally love to see someone like Jon Hamm in the role.

Hell, I even think it would be awesome if they totally swept that sh*tfest Batman v Superman under the rug and did a Dark Knight Returns adaptation and brought back Michael Keaton as an older, more cynical Batman.

14 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

How many Batman films are enough?

Serious question. I’m a casual fan but I feel like I’ve seen every actor on the planet in a Batman movie. Val Kilmer, Heath Ledger, Arnold Swarzneggar, Michael Keaton, fricken Danny DeVito!

Will it ever end?

Just let Adam West Rest In Peace dagnabbit!

I don’t think it will ever end

I think the suits in Hollywood look at Batman in the same way as James Bond.

A franchise that can carry on for decades upon decades and continuously make them a sh*tload of money.

And it’s hard for me to disagree on that account.

On 6/28/2019 at 1:47 PM, Untouchable said:

I don’t think it will ever end

I think the suits in Hollywood look at Batman in the same way as James Bond.

A franchise that can carry on for decades upon decades and continuously make them a sh*tload of money.

And it’s hard for me to disagree on that account.

It’s like Spider-Man. Marvel has a deal that they need to put out a movie every so many years or they lose the rights so once Tom Holland runs his course there will be a new Spirder-Man.

Batman is iconic. Keep pumping them out. 

TDK was the best comic movie ever IMHO.