Manish Speaks

1 minute ago, peekskill68 said:

What would be ballsy here is for CJ to mea culpa and hire a true football guy to run everything and then let HIM hire the GM...

I'm very much in favor of having the Football CEO guy in charge, but that's something you do first. When you do that now, you're now hiring a boss for the head coach you just hired who was hired under the premise of reporting directly to the owner. That's a cluster**** waiting to happen. 

12 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Manish is upset he was made to look like a fool so he's lashing out. 

Agreed, in fact everyone of the beat writers are doing the same because they all got

scooped by Pauline.  I wish I could believe the article because it shows Maccagnan

had no business being the GM

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, slats said:

I'm very much in favor of having the Football CEO guy in charge, but that's something you do first. When you do that now, you're now hiring a boss for the head coach you just hired who was hired under the premise of reporting directly to the owner. That's a cluster**** waiting to happen. 

Agree.  But if you're CJ you know you just messed up royally and you've just seen your HC shiv your GM.  So the cluster**** seeds have already been planted.  And say you bring in a guy with bona fides like a Parcells or someone similar.  What's Gase going to do?  Resign?

14 minutes ago, slats said:

You can't have everything. They have to hire a GM first. They can't have Gase running amok here.

A Football CEO guy worth his salt is able to deal with the current battle casualties that are on the field. It is a part of inheriting a mess. 

This is what happens when you order things improperly. Sort through the bodies later.

• Sympathy 1

Well, I'll say this at this point, If Douglas is hired and given control, all will be all right.

If he declines to work for CJ, can't really blame him, and some ? GM is hired, CJ keeps meddling, the Kotite years are going to look like good times.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Agree.  But if you're CJ you know you just messed up royally and you've just seen your HC shiv your GM.  So the cluster**** seeds have already been planted.  And say you bring in a guy with bona fides like a Parcells or someone similar.  What's Gase going to do?  Resign?

Got a name? 

It's already been such a whirlwind that I think the best next move is to let Gase help hand select his GM/partner and see how well his way goes. If there's any truth to the way Gase is represented in this article, he'd passive-aggressive himself out the door before he cooperated with any new boss. I have my doubts about the article, but I also don't think Gase would have a positive reaction to a new COO. 

3 minutes ago, slats said:

Got a name? 

It's already been such a whirlwind that I think the best next move is to let Gase help hand select his GM/partner and see how well his way goes. If there's any truth to the way Gase is represented in this article, he'd passive-aggressive himself out the door before he cooperated with any new boss. I have my doubts about the article, but I also don't think Gase would have a positive reaction to a new COO. 

Maybe a guy like Ozzie Newsome?  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Holy sh*t, Gase is a lunatic.  He's a legit crazy person.

I mean, Mac was absolutely awful.  Terrible in every sense of the word but did the Miami Dolphins add 1 single talented Football player to their roster that Gase didnt run off, bench or alienate? 

I kind of dont blame Mac for not wanting Gase's input.  He's a never satisfied a$$hole who would ultimately sign off for a player, turn on said player and point the finger at Mac for it.

Seems like Gase is the ultimate, fence sitter so when sh*t goes sour, he can quickly point the finger at someone else.  And now he's in charge.

Go Jets!!!

Whats funny about this is that Gase himself was asked point blank about how his role would play out during the draft when he signed on as Jets head coach and he said that was Macc's gig and that he would let Macc do his job bringing in Talent and he would do the coaching of said talent.

At what point, with no one actually knowing what was going on in house, did that change ? I mean people assume Gase was unhappy with some choices and others assume this was some kind of calculated take over, then others say it was all Johnson all the time. Honestly we may never know the real deal when it comes to Gase unless Macc comes out and says his peace and we all know that's not happening and we all know the real truth will probably never come out of Johnson's mouth. 

1 hour ago, KRL said:

Agreed, in fact everyone of the beat writers are doing the same because they all got

scooped by Pauline.  I wish I could believe the article because it shows Maccagnan

had no business being the GM

If this article is true, Mac's incompetence is even greater than thought.  In fact, I wouldn't even describe it a coup. Just Gase letting Johnson know how bizarre and unacceptable not involving the head coach is? Seriously? It is just mind boggling

This looks terrible for everyone.

If Macc truly muzzled Gase that was idiotic.  Gase clearly hid like a overly dramatic teenage girl which is embarrassing and idiotic.

Johnson, despite being well-intentioned, is clearly in over his head.

At this point the damage is done...  They're effectively all in with Supreme Overlord Gase so hopefully it pans out.

I'm starting to wonder if Gase has some kind of emotional disorder...  If he wins it doesn't matter but if he loses this year will be the most tumultuous year we've ever seen.

Johnson should have just fired everyone in January and hired pro head hunters not employed by Korn Ferry.

12 minutes ago, Pac said:

I'm starting to wonder if Gase has some kind of emotional disorder...  If he wins it doesn't matter but if he loses this year will be the most tumultuous year we've ever seen.

Rumors in Miami that he's on the spectrum. Seems likely tbh

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

If this article is true, Mac's incompetence is even greater than thought.  In fact, I wouldn't even describe it a coup. Just Gase letting Johnson know how bizarre and unacceptable not involving the head coach is? Seriously? It is just mind boggling

Macc was asking for it

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Whats funny about this is that Gase himself was asked point blank about how his role would play out during the draft when he signed on as Jets head coach and he said that was Macc's gig and that he would let Macc do his job bringing in Talent and he would do the coaching of said talent.

At what point, with no one actually knowing what was going on in house, did that change ? I mean people assume Gase was unhappy with some choices and others assume this was some kind of calculated take over, then others say it was all Johnson all the time. Honestly we may never know the real deal when it comes to Gase unless Macc comes out and says his peace and we all know that's not happening and we all know the real truth will probably never come out of Johnson's mouth. 

That is just lip service.  A coach comes in with a system in mind.  The GM should be sympathetic to this.  If the GM could coach-- he would, but he can't.

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

The scouts might have suggested picking offensive linemen under Gase's crazy influence , heaven forbid. 

why should the coach have any influence on the picking of players he will have to coach? Ridiculous!

• Sympathy 1

Assuming this is true, I don't understand why a GM would not solicit input from the coach. I can kind of understand keeping the coach away from the scouts and also not really wanting to hear a coach's opinion about Player A vs. Player B.  However, why not listen to the coach talk about what he needs, what positions and types of players?  

I've read elsewhere that Gase feels that C is a big need, but that position was ignored in FA (reports are now that Paradis was expecting the Jets to be suitors but they showed no interest) and the draft. I can see how it would be frustrating for a coach to feel that a team has certain major needs, and the GM is not even slightly interested in hearing about it from the coach, who then makes a luxury pick.

I'm glad Mac is gone, but not at all optimistic about Gase.  Hopefully he turns out okay.

3 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

Maybe a guy like Ozzie Newsome?  

This kind of thing sounds great.  Big problem.  Your right back where we were several years ago with Dizzy and Rex.  A GM, and a HC who aren't a team.  Diaster

I hate to say it, but there's really only one direction to go.  Turn the team over to Gase.  Pray he can spin magic with Darnold.  All this instability is poison for a young QB like Darnold.

I'm C J I give Gase 19-20 to see if he can do anything.  2021 has a good chance to be a strike year.  That would be the time to review things, and decide if you want to go in a new direction.................Again

3 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

This is just unbelievable. Gase was hiding because he didn’t want to be associated with this draft class? 

More then that.   He didn't want to be associated with Macc.  I'm sure at this point Gase knew that C J was very confused, and had lost confidence in Macc.   All that was needed was a Little push.  

17 minutes ago, flgreen said:

I hate to say it, but there's really only one direction to go.  Turn the team over to Gase.  Pray he can spin magic with Darnold.  All this instability is poison for a young QB like Darnold.

I'm C J I give Gase 19-20 to see if he can do anything.  2021 has a good chance to be a strike year.  That would be the time to review things, and decide if you want to go in a new direction.................Again

I wouldn't "give" Gase any extra time.  If it looks like he's a trainwreck then fire him after next year.  This franchise should be laser-focused on getting the right people in place to help Sam Darnold.