Manish Speaks

2 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Cringe worthy thread title. “Manish speaks”, OP you’ve gotta be kidding me. He knows nothing more than any of the posters here, in terms of knowledge of the game, having insight into the team, or real sources. 

C'mon man.   Lighten up...

To me, this isn't anything we didn't already know? Johnson makes poor hiring choices? We've spent the last 4 years bitching about Mac. So it goes to common sense he wouldn't know when to get rid of him. He's a nice guy that unfortunately doesn't know what he's doing.

15 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

mccagnan views the draft independently from how the coach will use the player.  he drafts based on value, not need.  that's how a scout works.

Yes but why would Macc not want his scouts to be affected by the HCs input? His scouts hadn’t done a thing worth mentioning. 

Jets' Adam Gase reached boiling point with frustration at NFL Draft: report

Head coach oddly detached himself from rest of draft war room

May 18 | 1:05PM
  • Share:
  •  
  •  
  •  
Miami Dolphins head coach Adam Gase talks with the media during the 2018 NFL Combine at the Indianapolis Convention Center. (Trevor Ruszkowski/USA TODAY Sports) Miami Dolphins head coach Adam Gase talks with the media during the 2018 NFL Combine at the Indianapolis Convention Center. (Trevor Ruszkowski/USA TODAY Sports)

The reported rift between Jets head coach Adam Gase and former GM Mike Maccagnan apparently came to a head during the NFL Draft. 

According to Manish Mehta of the Daily News, the relationship between Gase and Maccagnan became tense in the lead up to the draft when the new Jets head coach was not given the opportunity to have his voice heard in pre-draft meetings. 

Maccagnan did not want Gase to adversely sway his scouts' evaluations, a philosophy he held with Todd Bowles as well. 

It "pissed Adam off," a team source told Mehta, and by the time the draft was set to begin Gase made a statement by taking his chair that was reserved next to CEO Christopher Johnson and moving it away from the war room camera view

Gase was not given the chance to have his voice heard in pre-draft meetings, which frustrated the new head coach. When the draft was set to begin, Gase spotted his chair reserved next to CEO Christopher Johnson, which was within view of the war room camera, and decided to take the chair and move himself out of the camera's view. 

"It was extreme," a team employee in the room said. 

Gase remained oddly detached from the decision-making process the rest of the weekend, which created an awkward dynamic that ultimately could not be resolved and factored into Maccagnan's firing earlier in the week and the naming of Gase as interim GM. 

Maccagnan was a total and complete failure. Only total incompetents with zero confidence in their abilities do sh*t like that.  

First thing I tell the crew when I go to a new station is that its a team effort and if I knew everything there wouldn't be 3 guys on the truck. I'm confident as an officer in my KSAs and welcome other viewpoints, while retaining overall command. 

Only sh*tty officers think they have all of the answers, or try to hide their incompetence behind bluster. 

Max was an unsure, dithering incompetent. 

9 minutes ago, Eaton Beaver said:

I can see why Gase would be angry when Mccagnon wouldn't allow him any input in the draft. It cost Mac his job. The GM has to allow the HC input. They are supposed to be working together.

what could Macc possibly have been thinking?

Dumb! Dumb! Dumb!

How can the GM not even permit the head coach to  say what he thinks about the players they are ready to draft?  In my business, in fact in all businesses, communication is considered key!!!

Even if you don't take any of his advice, he is part of the program, and his voice must be heard!

If Bowles was okay with this set up, then he should have been fired years ago, as well as Macc!

This is pathetic, and Chris Johnson is an idiot!

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

30 minutes ago, Eaton Beaver said:

I can see why Gase would be angry when Mccagnon wouldn't allow him any input in the draft. It cost Mac his job. The GM has to allow the HC input. They are supposed to be working together.

Especially knowing “ your way “ as in macs way, failed miserably for all his years as gm. I could maybe see a gm who had a great track record calling his own shots, but certainly not a horrible gm like mac who was on very thin ice. Woody would have canned Mac in Jan, if not sooner.. mac was given another chance he did not deserve. A lucky chance only because Chris had no idea what he was doing and didn’t want to lead a HC and gm search. He chose not to change his failed ways even the slightest. Mac is not only possibly the worst gm in history of the nfl, but he was also a dumb stubborn prick.. Any fan who is not happy he is gone is a complete moron 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:
Manish Mehta

The Jets general manager search will be driven by three people:

1) CEO Christopher Johnson

2) Adam Gase (HC/interim GM)

3) Hymie Elhai (VP, business affairs/general counsel)

Others will be consulted, but those three will be the main players.

"Gilligan, the skipper too, the millionaire and his wife."