Clayton: jets could trade Bell

20 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

John Clayton: 'I Could Absolutely See' Jets Trading Le'Veon Bell Before Season

JOSEPH ZUCKERMAY 17, 2019

Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell (26) plays against the Tennessee Titans during an NFL football game in Pittsburgh, Thursday, Nov. 16, 2017, in Pittsburgh. (AP Photo/Don Wright)
Don Wright/Associated Press

If New York Jets head coach and acting general manager Adam Gase had his way, Le'Veon Bell might never play a down for the team.

NFL insider John Clayton speculated the Jets would be open to dealing Bell this offseason.

"If there's a suitor, I could absolutely see the Jets trading him before the start of the season," he said on 93.7 The Fan in Pittsburgh.

We should all just become writers/reporter/weatherman. Weatherman keep their jobs with everyday could rain in temp above 32 degrees and every day below 32 degrees could snow. Writer/reporters speculate anything on any potential outcome based on whatever. OK, I'll start another, since Gase wasn't here when Adams, Anderson, Quincy, etc. were picked and maybe doesn't like any of them they all could be traded?. I mean if he doesn't like any of them and feels they are too highly paid then it could happen right?. But, if the Queen had b#lls she'd be King also right?. Gase did seem on the level early on stating that all slates are clean for every player, which should be the case. Was it with Lee, well they brought in an ILB Mosley to change the culture and be able to consistently make plays which Lee couldn't do being constantly run over by bigger blockers. So, based on performance Lee lost his spot on the team. And, if he continues to play like he has in the past may not even make KC's team, though their D is so horrific if that occurs he may never make another NFL roster again. 

• Upvote 1

Predict the next headline that we see a thread about....

Gase entertaining trade offers for Sam Darnold

Jets considering new uniforms prior to 2019, since current ones associated with Mike Maccagnan

Jets considering moving franchise to Oakland

Christopher Johnson says leading GM candidate is....Mike Maccagnan

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Joe, I don’t want to further trigger your condition, but I feel it’s my duty to also present you with this similarly credible, similarly distressing Jets news: 

@T0mShane  LMFAO similar to the Bugs Bunny cartoon where he played all the baseball field positions.........

NY Jets frustration you know it I know it. 

Just when you think things getting better something else happens. 

Keep the faith my man. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Jets considering new uniforms prior to 2019, since current ones associated with Mike Maccagnan

I didn't see any of that posted on Bleacher Report. :D

25 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

of course the jets would take the 27milion cap hit just to trade him

Actually it would only be an $8 million cap hit. Would you trade an $8 million cap hit for a first rounder in 2020? I might. Bell could be great but it is hellishly risky.

• Thumb Down 1

I'd love to see the press conference where Interim GM, Adam Gase says that he has traded Le'Veon Bell because, "This is a player that doesn't really fit with what our Head Coach wants to do."  Then Christopher Johnson leans over to the microphone and says, "Also, we're not accepting returns of Le'Veon Bell jerseys at the Jetsshop.com.  In fact, the white ones can now be ordered for 20% off.  Hurry...we've only got 30,000 left."

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Actually it would only be an $8 million cap hit. Would you trade an $8 million cap hit for a first rounder in 2020? I might. Bell could be great but it is hellishly risky.

Great idea. Trade Bell for a draft pick hoping you draft someone as good as Bell. 

• Upvote 1

I’ve heard some of the dumbest sh*t on this forum in the last few days. Trade Bell before he even starts the season. Think about it, when was the last time a team signed a top 5 RB (in his prime) and traded him before he received a single hand off. 

Do yourself a favor Jet fans.... just laugh off the dumb sh*t and white noise you here for the next few weeks and be excited about the upcoming season.

• Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Nine million this year, $15.5 mil next year. Bell’s not going anywhere. 

• Upvote 1

I could become President of the United States of America, Centerfielder for the Yankees or take over the "Late Show" from Jimmy Fallon; all in realm of possibility. Not likely, but, again, COULD     is conditional. 

What utter horsesheet.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

John Clayton: 'I Could Absolutely See' Jets Trading Le'Veon Bell Before Season

JOSEPH ZUCKERMAY 17, 2019

Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell (26) plays against the Tennessee Titans during an NFL football game in Pittsburgh, Thursday, Nov. 16, 2017, in Pittsburgh. (AP Photo/Don Wright)
Don Wright/Associated Press

If New York Jets head coach and acting general manager Adam Gase had his way, Le'Veon Bell might never play a down for the team.

NFL insider John Clayton speculated the Jets would be open to dealing Bell this offseason.

"If there's a suitor, I could absolutely see the Jets trading him before the start of the season," he said on 93.7 The Fan in Pittsburgh.

I thought John Clayton would be preserved in amber by now

46 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

"Joe Douglas considering firing Adam Gase before the season starts"

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RSJ said:

This is gonna get so much more fun if the Jets are 5-11 this season.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

How about if we start 1-5 (which could happen with our schedule)?  Gase absolutely needs to get off to a good start or the fans and media will be brutal on him.  And he doesn't seem like a sane person so who knows how that would affect him.

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I have no idea if this is true (though it wouldn't shock me) but we heard the same "this is nonsense" comments when there was speculation about Macc getting fired after the draft.

The difference here is that there were murmurings around the league about Mac’s departure...so much so that media people knew who would get the first shot at the job before Mac was even fired....with this, the corpse of John Clayton is just pulling an opinion out of his decrepit a$$hole...

How about if we start 1-5 (which could happen with our schedule)?  Gase absolutely needs to get off to a good start or the fans and media will be brutal on him.  And he doesn't seem like a sane person so who knows how that would affect him.

Exactly right. This was such a shortsighted move on so many levels.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app