Clayton: jets could trade Bell

9 minutes ago, RobR said:

Do you realize how misguided this post is on every level? Lets do some bullet points.

27 mil dead cap hit

He was a free agent two months ago and anybody could have signed him

You think we might get first round compensation for a guy that was just a free agent

Can't make this sh*t up

It's an $8 million cap hit.if traded. It's obviously not happening because the team getting Bell would be concerned about a holdout, but they could have Bell for 2 years at around $20 million. A miniscule amount compared to his cost in FA. A loaded team might consider it.. Not going to happen but it is not completely outlandish.

4 minutes ago, RobR said:

How hard is it for you to understand that we can't trade Bell? He was just a free agent two months ago and we outbid every team for his services, and now you think we can trade him? Not too mention the cap hit.

I know it's friday but you need to slow down on the booze. 

The Jets out bid every team? EVERY TEAM? Really? Wow must have been like an auction or something.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

This organization is cursed there is no fixing anything here everything is a mess. 

Adam Gase has WON NOTHING and has EARNED NOTHING here. 

Yeah, the guy is currently tied for last in Jets history for wins by a Jets head coach. You want to guess who he's tied with?

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

"Joe Douglas considering firing Adam Gase before the season starts"

If Joe Douglas is half as smart as people are making him out to be, he isn't coming here to be Adam Gase's lap dog. He's staying in Philly.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

It's an $8 million cap hit.if traded. It's obviously not happening because the team getting Bell would be concerned about a holdout, but they could have Bell for 2 years at around $20 million. A miniscule amount compared to his cost in FA. A loaded team might consider it.. Not going to happen but it is not completely outlandish.

Where are you pulling up this $8 mil dead cap hit? 

I'm seeing $25 mil as a dead hit this year if traded. 

If Joe Douglas is half as smart as people are making him out to be, he isn't coming here to be Adam Gase's lap dog. He's staying in Philly.

We need Gase to coach Darnold and the O and leave the D and personnel to Williams and Douglas or whoever.

5 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

The Jets out bid every team? EVERY TEAM? Really? Wow must have been like an auction or something.

Do you think he took a discount to come here?

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

RobR how many years have you been a NY Jets fan?  

How many debacles have you actually witnessed as a fan?  

These questions don't pertain to how it is feasible to trade Bell. That's the only question I asked you.

32 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

He was an unrestricted free agent.  So, yes, we outbid every team in the NFL.  If someone really wanted him, even one with cap issues, they could have had him for more than we paid.  

2 minutes ago, RobR said:

These questions don't pertain to how it is feasible to trade Bell. That's the only question I asked you.

I never said it was feasible to trade Bell if you have proof of that please post it. 

I posted a Bleacher Report article nothing more. 

56 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The bigger question is who is crazy enough to trade for him? Gruden? 

54 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Stranger things have happened here everyday is a new adventure. 

26 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The NY Jets reason enough. 

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I never said it was feasible to trade Bell if you have proof of that please post it. 

I posted a Bleacher Report article nothing more. 

Here you go. 

58 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

First I'll preface this reply by saying the Jets fan in me is hopeful Adam Gase is going to work out and be a terrific coach for the Jets. Secondly, I would love for the next GM, whether it's Joe Douglas, or someone else, to not only be a great talent evaluator, but someone who also posesses excellent interpersonal skills. The next GM has to work cohesively with the coaching staff and his scouts in order to find the right kind of players for the style of play and culture the Jets are trying to build. With that all said, if the Jets suck under Gase, it would almost be poetic justice if the GM, who Adam Gase plays a significant role in getting hired, ends up the one who fires Adam Gase.

John Clayton is desperate for relevance. Set up a website along the lines of the Athletic and had to close it within months because nobody coughed up any subscription fees to read his dribble.

It is pathetic and I have called out a few people who should be better than broadcasting his rubbish on Twitter about it.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

https://overthecap.com/player/leveon-bell/2258/

Look at trade post June 1 pulldown.. $2 million a year in dead money, but I think it gets accelerated all into this year so $8 million.

Love the site but I wish Jason would dig deeper into this. He just signed for $27 mil guaranteed and another site shows $25 mil deadcap if we trade him.

For reference the Steelers took a $21 mil dead hit on AB and he wasn't signed a few months before he was traded.

39 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Please fill me in on who else made "bids"

Just because Mac overpaid doesn't change the fact that he was a valued commodity and went to the highest bidder. Do you really think there was not one other team that didn't want Bell in FA? 

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Steelers, upon hearing that the Jets are going to try and trade Bell:

24249A22-A323-477D-B91C-883DB2F47246.gif

Steelers just let two potential HOF players walk away because they wanted to keep their rapist QB happy - they're the last of teams to make fun of the Jets right now. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

You know I saw this on Twitter and guess which poster I thought was gonna throw the biggest tantrum over AN OPINION PIECE.

Wait so posting articles from major sports sites is now throwing a tantrum?  

If in fact Gase did say that he wanted to trade Bell how would you feel. 

At the time when I read it and posted it I wanted him fired. 

Don't holdback tears are ok. 

6 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Bleacher Report nothing anonymous.

John Clayton: 'I Could Absolutely See' Jets Trading Le'Veon Bell Before Season

JOSEPH ZUCKERMAY 17, 2019

Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell (26) plays against the Tennessee Titans during an NFL football game in Pittsburgh, Thursday, Nov. 16, 2017, in Pittsburgh. (AP Photo/Don Wright)
Don Wright/Associated Press

If New York Jets head coach and acting general manager Adam Gase had his way, Le'Veon Bell might never play a down for the team.

NFL insider John Clayton speculated the Jets would be open to dealing Bell this offseason.

"If there's a suitor, I could absolutely see the Jets trading him before the start of the season," he said on 93.7 The Fan in Pittsburgh.

It was pointless stupid article the first time you posted it.