Clayton: jets could trade Bell

Just now, Jet Nut said:

It was pointless stupid article the first time you posted it. 

Ok fair enough maybe I should have started another thread about  my feelings or thoughts or why I think Macc was fired. 

Got it. 

I posted it because it was headlines on Bleacher Report. 

3 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

If the circumstances were just right and everything fell exactly into place and the appropriate stars were aligned, I could absolutely see John Clayton getting laid by this chick:

9.jpg

Since sportswriters are notoriously bad at math, cheap, and in his specific case, ugly and poor, NOT IN THE REALM OF POSSIBILITY. 

7 minutes ago, SMC said:

They should've just hired McCarthy in the first place

The guy who couldn't get the Packers to the playoffs with Aaron Rodgers , no thanks I'll stick with the guy who couldn't get to the playoffs with Ryan Tannehill

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

How long until we see "Sam Darnold Demanding Trade From The New York Jets" stories?  Seems you don't even need to be factual anymore, let's just make stuff up.  John Clayton:  "I could see McDonalds dropping the Big Mac".

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

The guy who couldn't get the Packers to the playoffs with Aaron Rodgers , no thanks I'll stick with the guy who couldn't get to the playoffs with Ryan Tannehill

Having Sonny do the Sollozo hit would have been weird but at least understandable. Giving Fredo free reign to not only do the hit but also giving him freedom to handle the gun and his trip to Sicily is madness.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, dbatesman said:

I think it’s hugely unlikely that we trade Bell, but all the scoffing about it being clickbait or trolling sure sounds similar to the scoffing we heard a month ago about Maccagnan getting fired.

Good point, I agree. 

But if you had a chance to hear what Clayton said, it's pretty obvious that he's pulling it out of his ass. 

11 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

If there's a suitor, I could absolutely see the Jets trading him before the start of the season," he said on 93.7 The Fan in Pittsburgh.

Lol, he had no other suitors in free agency. Now someone's gonna give the Jets something for him? Did the fans in Pittsburgh eat this up? What does Bleacher Report say? 

8 hours ago, RobR said:

Just because Mac overpaid doesn't change the fact that he was a valued commodity and went to the highest bidder. Do you really think there was not one other team that didn't want Bell in FA? 

Still waiting for that list of "bidders"

8 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Ok fair enough maybe I should have started another thread about  my feelings or thoughts or why I think Macc was fired. 

Got it. 

I posted it because it was headlines on Bleacher Report. 

Which would be different from posting an article that makes zero sense, that will never happen, that based on nothing and really could be said about any player not named Darnold.

And you even thought it was so good that you posted it twice.  ?

Seriously, you guys are all mocking this ...

But would anyone be truly shocked if they woke up tomorrow morning and read Bell was traded?

Maybe I would be a little surprised but not shocked in the least.

This Gase seems like the kind of guy that would trade him out of spite.

• Post of the Week 1

15 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

John Clayton: 'I Could Absolutely See' Jets Trading Le'Veon Bell Before Season

JOSEPH ZUCKERMAY 17, 2019

Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell (26) plays against the Tennessee Titans during an NFL football game in Pittsburgh, Thursday, Nov. 16, 2017, in Pittsburgh. (AP Photo/Don Wright)
Don Wright/Associated Press

If New York Jets head coach and acting general manager Adam Gase had his way, Le'Veon Bell might never play a down for the team.

NFL insider John Clayton speculated the Jets would be open to dealing Bell this offseason.

"If there's a suitor, I could absolutely see the Jets trading him before the start of the season," he said on 93.7 The Fan in Pittsburgh.

4 hours ago, slats said:

Lol, he had no other suitors in free agency. Now someone's gonna give the Jets something for him? Did the fans in Pittsburgh eat this up? What does Bleacher Report say? 

Not to mention the jets didn’t add any rbs in the draft.  Does Clayton really think that gase wants to head into the season with mcguire as the lead rb with cannon and Montgomery as the backups?

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

How long until we see "Sam Darnold Demanding Trade From The New York Jets" stories?  Seems you don't even need to be factual anymore, let's just make stuff up.  John Clayton:  "I could see McDonalds dropping the Big Mac".

SAR I

I agree. John Clayton pulls a statement from out of his ass, and some of these people act like it's based on substance.

Now let's think rationally. The Jets were the only team to bid on him at the level he signed.  Now suddenly a team is going to trade for his contract and give the Jets the required compensation to get a player of his caliber. It's a ridiculous notion.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Major credible sports site.

Bleacher Report.

Pick one.

If Gase came out tomorrow and said that he actually wanted to trade Bell, I'd want him gone. 

That's not what happened though.  What happened is that John Clayton was asked a stupid question and gave a really stupid answer that wasn't sourced or anything.  It was his opinion.  Then Bleacher Report wrote an article based off of this opinion, and you came running here yelling about "what has Gase done to earn this power, he's done NOTHING", "THIS ORGANIZATION IS CURSED", and other nonsense because you didn't actually read the damn thing and overreacted to a clickbait headline.

That's a tantrum.

Agreed.  Add to this the fact that the interview was on a Pittsburgh radio station.  One quote is being taken, possibly out of context, from a radio station that is likely biased against Bell and the team that signed him. 

Like I said earlier in this thread.  Nothing to see here.

Unlikely he gets traded, but with the way things have gone anything is possible. Something to keep an eye on at least, especially his attendance at practice moving forward. Both parties involved here are capable of anything that looks completely irrational.

• Post of the Week 1

16 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Major credible sports site.

Bleacher Report.

Pick one.

If Gase came out tomorrow and said that he actually wanted to trade Bell, I'd want him gone. 

That's not what happened though.  What happened is that John Clayton was asked a stupid question and gave a really stupid answer that wasn't sourced or anything.  It was his opinion.  Then Bleacher Report wrote an article based off of this opinion, and you came running here yelling about "what has Gase done to earn this power, he's done NOTHING", "THIS ORGANIZATION IS CURSED", and other nonsense because you didn't actually read the damn thing and overreacted to a clickbait headline.

That's a tantrum.

Agreeable but pointed disagreement-they aren't trading Bell. His answer should have been NO to a dumb question like that. Anything else is click bait nonsense. 

like any jets player is that good that they can't be traded.  i suppose if bell's contract really galls gase that much he could be launched.  i'm not sure of the cap hit but they'd have to eat a lot of his salary.  and it makes no sense because bell is a good player who should be able to worked into anyone's system.