Tony Pauline: "The entire Jets organization needs to be totally cleansed from top to bottom & side to side for any real positive change."

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Jets got rid of the worst Head Coach since Kotite and a lousy GM and people are outraged because it happened during the incorrect month

The man in charge cannot even do the simple most common sense thing.

Reports are he did not fire mac because he did not think he could handle looking for a new coach and gm at the same time.

The owner (CEO), the man with the ultimate power is a clueless, naive newbie.

The issue is not that he fired the guy in the wrong month.  It is that he is still in charge and has just handed the whole team to Adam Gase.  Yet another guy with a suspect record that he is putting all the eggs in one basket.

The next time Chris or Woody Johnson do something monumentally stupid we can look back on the fond day we were all happy he fired a guy a year too late.

• Post of the Week 2

7 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

So what's the excuse for all the other teams that don't win the SB every year 

A Super Bowl would be great - but we are really just talking about getting over .500 or making the playoffs here.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I don't sense that JN has an agenda.  A discussion forum exists to be neutral, which is cool.

But Instagram and Twitter, different story.  Any cute blonde with a penchant for nail polish or ugly dude spewing NYJ venom can make $20 a day for ten seconds worth of work all because they think they're headed for insta-fame and a life of clickstream revenue.  Hey, I have no problem with a cutie putting up sexy photos.  But some dude screaming "WTF JETS YOU SUUUUUK YOU ARE DYSFUNCTIONAL!!!!!" when I know better just makes me ill.

SAR I

Well, thanks. We have the blog and social media and we do work hard to 1) never do click bait stuff and 2) not incite the masses for garbage likes.

We are all about the long game. So are the Jets apparently lol.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

So I guess by those guidelines the Giants owners are idiots as well - right 

What are you even talking about? The Giants have won 4 Super Bowls in my lifetime and made countless playoff appearances. They have bought themselves a little slack. You really want to compare the Giants to the Jets. LOL

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RSJ said:

What are you even talking about? The Giants have won 4 Super Bowls in my lifetime and made countless playoff appearances. They have bought themselves a little slack. You really want to compare the Giants to the Jets. LOL

Yes its all a what have you done for me lately world - Until the Mac firing the Giants ( yes those respected SB winning Giants) were the circus show and I still feel with Gettleman they are in a worse situation then the Jets. So TBH i can give two sh*ts about their past success.

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

Yes its all a what have you done for me lately world - Until the Mac firing the Giants ( yes those respected SB winning Giants) were the circus show and I still feel with Gettleman they are in a worse situation then the Jets. So TBH i can give two sh*ts about their past success.

Really? Will you still be saying that if Barkley and Jones are in the playoffs while Bell and Darnold are on the IR? Its cool to be optimistic - but try taking off your green glasses for a minute. Once upon a time the Giants fans were booing Phil Simms. Jets have been a joke for a long, long, long time.

1 minute ago, RSJ said:

Really? Will you still be saying that if Barkley and Jones are in the playoffs while Bell and Darnold are on the IR? Its cool to be optimistic - but try taking off your green glasses for a minute. Once upon a time the Giants fans were booing Phil Simms. Jets have been a joke for a long, long, long time.

The Jets are moving in the right direction they have a Qb a quality RB an offensive minded HC and a DC who will not the players feel like they're on a caribbean vacation - and you want to get your panties is a wad because the media is trolling the Jets over firing a horrible GM. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

The Jets are moving in the right direction they have a Qb a quality RB an offensive minded HC and a DC who will not the players feel like they're on a caribbean vacation - and you want to get your panties is a wad because the media is trolling the Jets over firing a horrible GM. 

Oh really? So teams just fire GMs who built a talented roster? Get out of here with that stuff. No one knows what Darnold will be. But lets assume he is good. The rest of this team is questionable at BEST. Plus that little fact that our head coach and defacto GM hates human beings and has never done anything to make anyone think he can spot talent. But yeah the Jets are on the upswing. If you say so.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, RSJ said:

Oh really? So teams just fire GMs who built a talented roster? Get out of here with that stuff. No one knows what Darnold will be. But lets assume he is good. The rest of this team is questionable at BEST. Plus that little fact that our head coach and defacto GM hates human beings and has never done anything to make anyone think he can spot talent. But yeah the Jets are on the upswing. If you say so.

Exhale man, I don't mind you blasting the team. I am doing it plenty on Twitter right now. I just fear you are gonna get worked out and reach that dreaded point of no return lol.

1 minute ago, RSJ said:

Some people see the cup as half full, some people are miserable.

• Upvote 2

Woody views the Jets as an entertainment business meant to build a brand.  That's why Neil Glat is President of the team and not someone who actually knows the difference between a football and a soccer ball.

If this were about Football, the reporting structure would be:  Woody/Chris --> President of Football Operations --> GM (if the President doesn't double as GM) --> Head Coach - -> staff

Exhale man, I don't mind you blasting the team. I am doing it plenty on Twitter right now. I just fear you are gonna get worked out and reach that dreaded point of no return lol.

Lol. I am good. Its just frustrating. Dropping season ticket money on this garbage. Just venting lol

8 minutes ago, RSJ said:

But on the filpside you say well the Giants have Barkley and Jones so we are supposed to b bowing down to all that talent on their roster - get out of here you closet Giants fan. 

But on the filpside you say well the Giants have Barkley and Jones so we are supposed to b bowing down to all that talent on their roster - get out of here you closet Giants fan. 

Yeah I am a closet Giants fan. Ok. Lol. Barkley as it stands right now is a better player than Darnold. Thats reality dude. Not made up fairy tales.

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Wait is the Jets-hating social media world really this profitable? Asking for a friend. 

It's not, but they think it is.  Scantily clad cute girls can pull down $100K as so-called "influencers" if they play their cards right.  Dudes whining about a football team?  Not a chance.  But off they go, gotta create a YouTube channel, going to make a million overnight.  Unless you've got a bikini and a vag, don't bother.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It's not, but they think it is.  Scantily clad cute girls can pull down $100K as so-called "influencers" if they play their cards right.  Dudes whining about a football team?  Not a chance.  But off they go, gotta create a YouTube channel, going to make a million overnight.  Unless you've got a bikini and a vag, don't bother.

SAR I

Whores running around, doing their little behind-shake for the men folk... Men laying their trick-money down. Twenty dollars to pay the rent? Maybe not. Maybe instead I'll spend it on the whore.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The man in charge cannot even do the simple most common sense thing.

Reports are he did not fire mac because he did not think he could handle looking for a new coach and gm at the same time.

The owner (CEO), the man with the ultimate power is a clueless, naive newbie.

The issue is not that he fired the guy in the wrong month.  It is that he is still in charge and has just handed the whole team to Adam Gase.  Yet another guy with a suspect record that he is putting all the eggs in one basket.

The next time Chris or Woody Johnson do something monumentally stupid we can look back on the fond day we were all happy he fired a guy a year too late.

I don't believe that for a second.  The truth is that no one wants to come here.  It's hard enough to convince a head coach to take the job let alone fill both the GM and the HC roles concurrently.  Back in February, Bowles had to go.  Maccagnan was a different story, he'd done some decent things in recent seasons.  Made sense to let him continue his draft and FA prep and hope that he bonded with the new head coach.  He didn't.  So he's gone.  May is a good time to clean house in the personnel department.

A smart CEO does what Mr. Johnson did.  Get rid of the guy that had to go, give a shot to a guy who might still work out, and hedge your bet if it doesn't.   A smart CEO doesn't act like a fan with an emotional hissy fit and empty out the building 4 weeks before free agency and 7 weeks before the draft.  That would have been monumentally stupid.

SAR I

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Whores running around, doing their little behind-shake for the men folk... Men laying their trick-money down. Twenty dollars to pay the rent? Maybe not. Maybe instead I'll spend it on the whore.

I wasn't referring to Chaturbate but that works too.

SAR I

4 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

Need a strong personality too.  Idzik, mccags and bowles were too weak.

That all goes with someone who is competent and who KNOWS they are competent, Gase already demonstrated confidence in himself by telling the Miami owner off and then telling him he’d have another one of the only 32 HC jobs in the world really soon.

Idzik and especially Bowles and Maccagnan knew they were stealing money and would have kept their mouths shut as long as the paychecks kept coming.

There is now speculation that Maccagnan only signed on for the Gase hire because he was just “Yes sirring” CJ non stop.  CJ wanted Gase, and Maccagnan was there with the “Ok boss, Ok boss”...immediately.

If CJ told Maccagnan he wanted a ham sandwich to coach...a ham sandwich would now be coaching.

51 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Exactly.

Not that I care about the Giants at all, but they had far more to work with as an organization from 2012-2018 than the Jets did and they are worse in that span.  That "great" front office, that "best in the NFL" culture, that franchise quarterback, those stud WR's, and blew it so bad they are way back down to the dregs of the NFC.  Giants are far worse than we are.  They had so many advantages that we didn't.  Jets executed a rebuild and are coming out of it; Giants haven't even started yet.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, RSJ said:

We had a GM that was mediocre and got us as far as he could get us, we got more out of Maccagnan than he was capable of.  Thank God we have an owner that won't settle for second best.  Thank God we have an owner that won't let the bitter remnants of the Ryan/Idzik and Bowles/Maccagnan locker rooms poison our fresh start in 2019.

Of all the teams looking for one, the Jets were the ones who got the best available head coach this offseason.   The GM doesn't matter until November.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Some people see the cup as half full, some people are miserable.

Some people's cup is only half full when they are miserable.  It's a Mets thing.  Yankees fans don't act this way.  The only enjoyment a Mets fan gets from his team is the misery he shares with other miserables.  Knicks, Islanders, you can throw them in there too.  The Jets aren't the Mets.  They're more like the Yankees for those of us clear-headed enough to realize it.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

42 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Lol. I am good. Its just frustrating. Dropping season ticket money on this garbage. Just venting lol

We are going 10-6 and are taking the 5 seed this year.  Nothing that happened on Tuesday changes that.  If anything, it makes is more achievable.  Something was going on between Maccagnan, Heimerdinger, and Gase.  And that dysfunction is gone now.  We're pure function now.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I don't believe that for a second.  The truth is that no one wants to come here.  It's hard enough to convince a head coach to take the job let alone fill both the GM and the HC roles concurrently.  Back in February, Bowles had to go.  Maccagnan was a different story, he'd done some decent things in recent seasons.  Made sense to let him continue his draft and FA prep and hope that he bonded with the new head coach.  He didn't.  So he's gone.  May is a good time to clean house in the personnel department.

A smart CEO does what Mr. Johnson did.  Get rid of the guy that had to go, give a shot to a guy who might still work out, and hedge your bet if it doesn't.   A smart CEO doesn't act like a fan with an emotional hissy fit and empty out the building 4 weeks before free agency and 7 weeks before the draft.  That would have been monumentally stupid.

SAR I

No, incorrect.  A smart CEO makes the change at GM when here fires the previous coach and is damn sure that the new coach he has brought in is going to work well with his existing gm.

A stupid CEO keeps on a GM who has done poorly and then goes uh-oh when he realizes a few months later that the coach and the GM are not going to work together.

A smart CEO is engaged and on top of his organization.  CJ was not.

As I said in another post.  Patting him on the head for doing a good job when he botched up the whole thing is silly. 

Mac was bad and had to go.  Great.  Thanks for letting him set this team up for 2 or 3 years before firing him. 

Just basic simple good practices and our owners can't do it.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

With all the crap that goes on in this league, from teams protecting child and domestic abusers, to skullduggery involving cheating and drugs, to say something like this over a simple firing is one of the most hilarious Chicken Little rants I’ve seen in a long time. Congratulations, Tony, you got your scoop on Macc being fired and you deserve credit for it. But now you’re being plain stupid. 

It’s a perfect microcosm of the nfl’s priorities: as long as teams win, nothing else matters