Tony Pauline: "The entire Jets organization needs to be totally cleansed from top to bottom & side to side for any real positive change."

8 hours ago, PLO said:

Oh, he's definitely had his misses over the years - but he's a level or two above beat reporters or your run-of-the-mill "for NFL network/ESPN/SI etc" draftnik. Anyone who is in the predicting future business is going to get things wrong occasionally. The thing I found most objectionable about him was some of that political stuff on the JI board he typed up as CBNY and the fact he really looked down his nose at certain other posters (some probably deservedly so) - the inside info he had on the game was generally solid stuff all things considered.

He would come up with medical red flags before anyone even mentioned it. He would bring up red flag personalities before it was ever reported elsewhere. Say what you want about Pauline but he definitely has sources and obviously still does today with his breaking the Mac might be fired report before anyone else.

PK wouldn't understand this because he wasn't born yet.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RobR said:

He would come up with medical red flags before anyone even mentioned it. He would bring up red flag personalities before it was ever reported elsewhere. Say what you want about Pauline but he definitely has sources and obviously still does today with his breaking the Mac might be fired report before anyone else.

PK wouldn't understand this because he wasn't born yet.

Was he doing this in 1996?

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Was he doing this in 1996?

I'm guessing that would be a yes. I joined these boards back in 2003-2005ish and he was quite the personality back then. 

All I'm saying is don't slam some guy that have you have no recollection of what he delivered to the boards back then. He used to post stuff back in the day and anyone could realize he had inside info. Then it finally came out he was a writer for SI and he stopped posting and started his own website. I used to post on that forum back in the day along with a few others I recognize here. You were maybe 8 years old at the time so I understand if you didn't appreciate his posts. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RobR said:

I'm guessing that would be a yes. I joined these boards back in 2003-2005ish and he was quite the personality back then. 

All I'm saying is don't slam some guy that have you have no recollection of what he delivered to the boards back then. He used to post stuff back in the day and anyone could realize he had inside info. Then it finally came out he was a writer for SI and he stopped posting and started his own website. I used to post on that forum back in the day along with a few others I recognize here. You were maybe 8 years old at the time so I understand if you didn't appreciate his posts. 

Understood but from what the guys on JI told me, he was a clown who would go into internet fits of rage if you didn’t agree with him on a prospect. Fair enough, I never got to interact with the guy or read his forum posts and am strictly going off hear-say.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Understood but from what the guys on JI told me, he was a clown who would go into internet fits of rage if you didn’t agree with him on a prospect. Fair enough, I never got to interact with the guy or read his forum posts and am strictly going off hear-say.

Because you're hearing that from the JN posters that got bitchslapped by him back on JI in the past. He definitely had a strong personality(he could be a royal dick) but whether they will admit it or not he would break news before anyone else. He was a true insider back then and it only helps his credibility being the first to report that Mac might get fired after the draft. 

Don't listen to the two or three posters who bash him at every turn and never, ever rely on a post by Phil. He's one of the biggest jokes going on for well over a decade now.

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, rammagen said:

the timing of this is everything you have a gm you think about firing and let him run the search for the new coach what does that say about the owner. You thought enough about him to fire him but l;et partake in hiring the coach that makes no sense what so ever.

It is not that fact I dislike and have no faith in gase as he has done nothing to deserve this type of power in organization, Crap we might as be able to run the team

I think you are misinterpreting what I was saying.  The timing as far as doing it after the draft is meaningless, the Chiefs did it with a plan in place and simply didnt want to disrupt their draft process.

For the Jets, the timing is bad for all the reasons  you pointed out.  CJ is clueless and this whole thing makes that very clear.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

You don’t think the CEO of a team without a franchise quarterback since forever didn’t give the order to trade up to grab one of them?  You think Christopher Johnson was on a yacht in the Mediterranean while the biggest move in recent team history went down without his knowledge?

That’s not how $3 billion dollar corporations function.  Christopher Johnson has his hands all over this franchise.  He’s the reason we’re making the playoffs this year.  It wasn’t Bowles, it wasn’t Maccagnan.  CJ is an animal; so too is his new HC and GM.

SAR I

LOL. Yes CJ said trade for the 3rd pick in a draft that had two QBs worth building a franchise around. 

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Bevis and Butthead jokes. Grow up and get a life. 

The fact certain individuals bring ... *scrolls up to look at your crybaby post*  ... stuff like that on this board sickens me.

Cant take it don't dish it out. 

Damn millennials.....

Are you crying? 

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Lol ok and most of this boards’s favorite team is the Knicks or Nets. Let me know when they make it to a Conference Finals series LMAO.

Who cares so what they like local teams and this has nothing to do with them.

How did you become a Portland TrailBlazers fan? Bandwagon boy. 

Never mind I really don't care. 

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

LOL. Yes CJ said trade for the 3rd pick in a draft that had two QBs worth building a franchise around. 

Yes.  I mean that exactly.  To get one of the 3 top QB's in a deep QB draft you need to have a spot in the top 3.  And perhaps a conversation with his friends with whom he shares a critical business relationship, the Mara's and the Tisch's, led him to know that the Giants weren't taking one.

Either way, there is no way that Mike Maccagnan didn't have Christopher Johnson's approval to make a trade like that in the first round of the draft.  And knowing what we know about Mr. Johnson, I'm willing to be he didn't approve it, he gave the order to make it happen.

SAR I

On 5/18/2019 at 6:50 PM, BCJet said:

There’s nothing ownership could have done - aside from be competent enough for Bill Billichek to not quit after 2 hours on the job. 

The Johnson's had nothing to do with that.  Belichick didn't want to work for people he didn't know.  You can blame Leon Hess for dying at the wrong time if you like, but it had nothing to do with Woody Johnson or his brother.

I’ve followed this team and professional sports my entire life. Woody and Chris Johnson aren’t good at their jobs, if they were this team wouldn’t be in the middle of an 8 year playoff drought with PSLs selling for cents on the dollar.  

From 2001 to 2011 the Jets were very competitive through several different HC's, GM's, and QB's.  We then hit a down period like every other playoff caliber team does-  Bills, Dolphins, Cowboys, Broncos, 49ers, they all go through it.  We are just now coming out of it.  The rebuild is going very well.  We look to be an 8-10 win team this year.  As the Johnson's were the only constant through the different regimes, they get the credit for the playoff runs and the rebuild's progress.

SAR - Mark Sanchez was a good player who wasn’t given a fair shot to succeed.  Truth - Mark Sanchez can’t  land a 3rd string job in the league

I was correct.  History shows that giving Mark Sanchez some support and not putting him in harm's way in a Snoopy Bowl game would have been the better decision than Geno Smith, Michael Vick, Bryce Petty, Christian Hackenberg, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Josh McCown, the worst collection of quarterbacks in the NFL the past 6 years.

SAR - PSLs are a success because I like my seats. Truth - if something originally cost $5K and is now for sale for $200 it’s not a success for the team. 

I am correct.  PSL's sold out and were filled with loyal fans who never quit on the team like the cheapskate upper deckers who took off the minute the playoff runs stopped.  At any given time only 3% of PSL's are up for sale on resale sites.  Not a single PSL owner in my section has even hinted at giving up their seats let alone do so.  Just like the media gets to naive minds regarding the Maccagnan make believe dysfunction, they've gotten to you on the PSL's. 

SAR - Chris and Woody make bold moves and 8 years ago made back to back championship games. It’s not their fault it’s because the Pats are in our division. Truth - good owners get good talent by either having people want to work with them or by being humble enough  to cede responsibility.  Chris and especially Woody Johnson haven’t attracted talent to this organization because they aren’t good at their jobs  

I am correct.  Woody Johnson took a $400 million dollar investment and turned it into a $3 billion dollar goldmine.  Christopher Johnson decided to blow up the mess and the bad culture and takes decisive action once he sees a problem festering.  We've gone from a 4-11 joke to a potential 8-10 win playoff team in 2 short years under his leadership.  Trading up to get a franchise QB was a fantastic move as is getting an experienced head coach from the offensive side of the ball on the sidelines for the first time since forever.

SAR I

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes.  I mean that exactly.  To get one of the 3 top QB's in a deep QB draft you need to have a spot in the top 3.  And perhaps a conversation with his friends with whom he shares a critical business relationship, the Mara's and the Tisch's, led him to know that the Giants weren't taking one.

Either way, there is no way that Mike Maccagnan didn't have Christopher Johnson's approval to make a trade like that in the first round of the draft.  And knowing what we know about Mr. Johnson, I'm willing to be he didn't approve it, he gave the order to make it happen.

SAR I

You gave CJ credit for making the move and not Macc. It was Macc's move. The guy that fills the vending machine in the lobby needs CJs blessing before he can bring in new peanut M&Ms.

On 5/17/2019 at 6:02 PM, T0mShane said:

This is a good spot to remind Jets fans that Bill Parcells and Eric Mangini both took over bigger dumpster fire Jets teams than this and had them in contention within three years. It takes one guy with a semblance of leadership talent to right this ship. Pauline is being dramatic 

remind me again of the numerous championships these two won for the Jets?