Are you still looking forward to the season?

Granted everything thats happened and how it could inevitably manifest itself to a sh*t show on the field and negatively affect Darnold and co, how excited are you to even watch? How many more games do the jets lose just because of the distractions from the management? I predicted 9-7 and now im thinking 6-10 or 7-9.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 10

1 minute ago, Team archer said:

Granted everything thats happened and how it could inevitably manifest itself to a sh*t show on the field and negatively affect Darnold and co, how excited are you to even watch? How many more games do the jets lose just because of the distractions from the management? I predicted 9-7 and now im thinking 6-10 or 7-9.

I think I'm actually more interested in this coming season after all these fireworks.  It seems like it's going to be crazy.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think I'm actually more interested in this coming season after all these fireworks.  It seems like it's going to be crazy.  

If Darnold can thrive in adversity like this, from his own incompetent management, man it will say alot

• Upvote 2

Just now, Team archer said:

Before or after mac was fired?

They auto debit at the same time every year. Even with all the horsesh*t the media and fans are throwing around, the reality is that the Jets have their best QB prospect since Namath and 5-6 blue chip talents on this team. They will win in spite of Gase and whoever else is in the chain of command. 

Very much looking forward to it, we’ve improved both our offense and defense.  Sam should be much more comfortable in his second year.  I don’t think the front office drama will have much if any impact on the players performance.  Everything will be settled way before the start of the season.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Team archer said:

More than ever. Best tomato’s come from the best manure and this off season has been some potent shit! 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You think by end of july anyone even remembers this?  This will have 0 effect on the team this year.

I don't know about that.  I think this is going to be an overarching thing this season.  Gase is going to be the one with the target on his back.  And even if the fans would forget (which I don't think they will), they'll be reminded by the sports media on a regular basis.  Basically every Gase controversy (or even potential controversy) is going to bring up a rehash of stuff like the other day.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Team archer said:

If Darnold can thrive in adversity like this, from his own incompetent management, man it will say alot

The jets just removed his biggest nightmare. A gm who doesn’t care about O, and especially OL. Darnold will do much better now, he is probably celebrating as we speak. Chill out kid, we finally removed all the cancer 

• Upvote 2

I can't wait until this season begins because either way it will be explosive, which is so much better than watching the sh*t show we've had around here for almost a decade.

Hopefully we get the right GM and Gase transforms Darnold into a stud. Or we lose badly from the outset and get to see fights on the sidelines from our coaches. It might not be the best year but I'm sure it will be entertaining.

• Upvote 1

Theres too many posts to quote so ill just say this to respond to everyone as best i can.

of course im happy mac is gone. I wanted him gone months ago. All im saying that realistically, as a player for example, how motivated are you to even play with all the bullsh*t going on this past week. How does knowing your management sucks and that your contract(CJ and Bell) makes the coach want to ingest unhealthy amounts of sleeping pills affect your play/trust of said coach and or management. That will (maybe) spread like a virus to other players of and maybe it will be a positive effect or a negative, who knows. All im saying that we arent the best organization when it comes to facing adversity/scrutiny and i think it will effect the way we play and perform.

@Saul Goodman

@SAR I

@Jetsplayer21

@Greensleeves

@fusionCA

@TomShane

@KRL

• Haha 1

Heck yeah

It doesn't matter if they are good bad or mediocre

It doesn't matter if they have a FQB, run of the mill vet or Bevis or Butthead at QB

It doesn't matter who drafted who or who gets paid what

All that matters is that on certain Sundays (or other odd days), I get to watch Jets football

August can't come fast enough in that regard

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1