Are you still looking forward to the season?

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Atmosphere MetLife parking lot game day. Tailgating is not a picnic in your backyard. 

Surrounded by 2/3 opposing fans is not a great atmosphere. This will most likely be my last season owning the tickets. I have better things to do and can watch them lose from my living room.

Just now, RSJ said:

Surrounded by 2/3 opposing fans is not a great atmosphere. This will most likely be my last season owning the tickets. I have better things to do and can watch them lose from my living room.

Winning will change all that its going to happen sooner or later. 

I usually don't pay for tickets so I can see your point from a financial perspective. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Winning will change all that its going to happen sooner or later. 

I usually don't pay for tickets so I can see your point from a financial perspective. 

I hope you are right about the winning. Obviously I want that - but you dont fire a GM if your team has talent. Obviously they could surprise us all.

Just now, RSJ said:

I hope you are right about the winning. Obviously I want that - but you dont fire a GM if your team has talent. Obviously they could surprise us all.

The organization is a mess we all agree on that we are the most resilient fans in the NFL. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Team archer said:

Granted everything thats happened and how it could inevitably manifest itself to a sh*t show on the field and negatively affect Darnold and co, how excited are you to even watch? How many more games do the jets lose just because of the distractions from the management? I predicted 9-7 and now im thinking 6-10 or 7-9.

sky-is-falling.jpg?format=500w

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Team archer said:

Theres too many posts to quote so ill just say this to respond to everyone as best i can.

of course im happy mac is gone. I wanted him gone months ago. All im saying that realistically, as a player for example, how motivated are you to even play with all the bullsh*t going on this past week. How does knowing your management sucks and that your contract(CJ and Bell) makes the coach want to ingest unhealthy amounts of sleeping pills affect your play/trust of said coach and or management. That will (maybe) spread like a virus to other players of and maybe it will be a positive effect or a negative, who knows. All im saying that we arent the best organization when it comes to facing adversity/scrutiny and i think it will effect the way we play and perform.

And how do you know our players think our management sucks?  Because a bunch of pay-per-click bloggers and tweeters say it does?

How do you know that the players aren't thrilled with Maccagnan's firing because he was the problem?  Because his ways and his decisions and his control and his culture poisoned the second floor of Florham Park?  How do you know that the players don't adore Gase and are already ready to walk through walls for him?  And that they are thrilled that he won this internal battle because now order is restored?

You don't know.  That' s the answer.  You don't know.  And neither do I.  None of us do.  So how about we let our full roster report to camp, how about we let Gase address them and coach them for a few weeks, how about we see how they are talking and acting at that time before passing judgement.  The dumbest week I've ever seen as a Jets fan and it has nothing to do with our owner or our front office; it has everything to do with gullible fans who seemingly need to be downtrodden and depressed in order to get any enjoyment out of this team. 

We are 8-8 as we speak.  A hot start and a couple of road upsets and we'll be 10-6 and headed to the playoffs.  Either get onboard the Gase Train or lie down on the tracks quietly.  Stop starting threads whining about how much you love to be miserable.  Some of us are happy.  Thanks.

SAR I

• Upvote 3

Why don't you wait and see how they actually do before putting everything down. To here all you naysayers is getting pretty ridiculous.
Because I am not stupid? Is it less ridiculous to believe two volatile coaches who already have a history of not liking each other much are going to lead this team to glory before imploding? Less ridiculous to believe that the best way to coach the team is to tell all of our best players that they are not worth the money we are giving them?

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Mac is GONE. What do people not understand about that? Regardless of what the talking heads, and offended former GMs are saying, that is a POSITIVE. It gives us an opportunity for additional victories not less. So increased interest. I did say when Gase was hired that it would either be very successful or a dumpster fire, so it could certainly still go up in flames, but firing that loser was not the fuse nor the match.

I’m so happy that useless sack of sh*t is gone!!!! It still feels like a dream. Yes!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Well, its not even Memorial Day, and as usual the Mets are falling apart, so that sucks. I have the NBA and NHL playoffs to get me through June. Oh wait. The Knicks and Rangers suck also.

So there's nothing happening except Alonso's ABs until Training Camp come July. Hell yes I'm looking forward to watching Jets football. Why? I'm not so sure. I am beginning to build an unhealthy dislike for Adam Gase, and I'm not as sure about Darnold as a lot of you are, but I love this damn team. I have way too many years invested to ever give up on them, and have no desire to.

I'm still the idiot who always believes this is the year we turn it around.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

And how do you know our players think our management sucks?  Because a bunch of pay-per-click bloggers and tweeters say it does?

Really? We think our management sucks. Do you think theyre oblivious robots who see nothing and feel nothing? Leveon even had to come out and respond to sh*t that was reported. Granted, we dont know how true it was that gase didnt like bells contract but bell responding is all the proof i need

3 hours ago, Team archer said:

Granted everything thats happened and how it could inevitably manifest itself to a sh*t show on the field and negatively affect Darnold and co, how excited are you to even watch? How many more games do the jets lose just because of the distractions from the management? I predicted 9-7 and now im thinking 6-10 or 7-9.

Firing Mac means the Jets are headed in the right direction.  So yes I'm excited.

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Team archer said:

Theres too many posts to quote so ill just say this to respond to everyone as best i can.

of course im happy mac is gone. I wanted him gone months ago. All im saying that realistically, as a player for example, how motivated are you to even play with all the bullsh*t going on this past week. How does knowing your management sucks and that your contract(CJ and Bell) makes the coach want to ingest unhealthy amounts of sleeping pills affect your play/trust of said coach and or management. That will (maybe) spread like a virus to other players of and maybe it will be a positive effect or a negative, who knows. All im saying that we arent the best organization when it comes to facing adversity/scrutiny and i think it will effect the way we play and perform.

@Saul Goodman

@SAR I

@Jetsplayer21

@Greensleeves

@fusionCA

@TomShane

@KRL

Thanks for the hot take Dr Phil!! If you think the firing of the GM is going to affect the players on the field you are out of your mind. Maybe it would affect a woman like you, but the players are men who really just care about game day. It is obvious you must have never played football.

1 hour ago, Team archer said:

Really? We think our management sucks. Do you think theyre oblivious robots who see nothing and feel nothing? Leveon even had to come out and respond to sh*t that was reported. Granted, we dont know how true it was that gase didnt like bells contract but bell responding is all the proof i need

On October 21 when the Jets are 4-1 and hosting the New England Patriots for sole possession of first place in the AFC East I'm going to ask you for your hot take on the Mike Maccagnan firing.

I'd like to see tears.  Like real tears.  Can you type 'crying' for me, not the word itself but a series of words.  You know, so I can have a better feeling for your deep depression.  I want to really experience it with you.  I can't hear your weeping through my computer, so I need you to articulate it for me in words.

SAR I

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, SAR I said:

On October 21 when the Jets are 4-1 and hosting the New England Patriots for sole possession of first place in the AFC East I'm going to ask you for your hot take on the Mike Maccagnan firing.

I'd like to see tears.  Like real tears.  Can you type 'crying' for me, not the word itself but a series of words.  You know, so I can have a better feeling for your deep depression.  I want to really experience it with you.  I can't hear your weeping through my computer, so I need you to articulate it for me in words.

SAR I

The season dosent end there unfortunately lol.

1 minute ago, talisaynon said:

I want a good laugh. Seeing gase crash and burn ruining darnold (going to guess season ending injury) alienating bell and trading cj Mosley for conditional 7th round picks to the Seahawks will be my season highlights.

Lets not get silly now.

5 hours ago, KRL said:

Only a fool would let the nonsense of this week damage their outlook of
the season.  The Jets didn't lessen their talent base or trade Darnold
for Tannehill.  A GM who was 24-40 and didn't listen to the new HC about
the players he wanted has been let go

But...but....we're being made fun of in the media.  The owner made the HC the temporary GM while they interview new candidates.  Bell is too expensive!!!

Have you been under a rock?  The sky is falling, KRL.  We're doomed!

I can't wait!!  It's that way every year.  Doesn't matter.  We're talking about a fresh season of Jet's football. 

Anyone who can't get excited for a new season of Jet's football is not a fan.  IMHO if you can't get excited for this, you're a douche.

Besides, this year will be different.  Win or lose, we will be nasty.  Win or lose, we will give effort.  Win or lose, we will have life.  Win or lose, we won't be pansies.  After the last four years, that's plenty good enough for me.

• Upvote 1

Our QB is a 21 year old who was the youngest QB to start an NFL game last year. We signed Le'veon Bell who's RB numbers are the closest to Jim Browns career. We signed a very good route running slot WR in Crowder. Quincy Enunwa should be healthy & wont have to carry the load like he did in the 1st 4 games last year. Our backup RB caught passes out of the backfield for Aaron Rogers. We have a young TE, that may be our best TE since Mickey Shuler.

We signed a stud 4 time pro bowl MLB, and sent the shrimp off to KC. We signed a tough slot CB in Poole to replace the human target practice Buster Skrine. We drafted QW who many said had the best tape they've seen since Aaron Donald. We drafted Polite who's biggest mistake was listening to someone that told him to gain weight for the combine. And we drafted the best blocking TE in football who comes in at a strapping 276 Lbs to help keep our young QB healthy & create some holes for the best RB we've had here since Curtis Martin.

Just a few short years ago, our starting QB was going to be Geno Smith, our WRs were David Nelson, Brad Salas & David Clowney. 

Then in 2015 we were saddled with Todd Bowles & in our most important game of our season at Buffalo he starts f*cking Ridley? 

Forgive me for my optimism but I see an experienced offensive Head coach, an experienced DC, a good Oline coach, a very good special teams coach, and a roster with potential. Am I still excited for the season? More excited than 1998! The AFC is wide open! Bring it on!

• Post of the Week 2

$2400? Are you allowed to sit inside the stadium?
And why wouldn’t we be excited about the upcoming season? Some of you guys act like this isn’t a normal off season for us.  

I sit next to a urinal, the second half of games can be brutal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

How can a real Jets fan be excited about watching this team?  It's missing the biggest piece to the puzzle right now, a GM that we want fired.  How can we get up for games, the season without Macc around to whine about.  

Then again let's just continue to whine about how Macc being fired makes us a shltshow.  

Some fans don't know what they want

• WTF? 1