Are you still looking forward to the season?

Two things working against the Jets:

• Organization is currently a dysfunctional mess.
  • The gap between the Patriots and everyone else in the AFCE is massive.

You just hope Darnold is tough enough to ignore the nonsense and get better.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jetster said:

Our QB is a 21 year old who was the youngest QB to start an NFL game last year. We signed Le'veon Bell who's RB numbers are the closest to Jim Browns career. We signed a very good route running slot WR in Crowder. Quincy Enunwa should be healthy & wont have to carry the load like he did in the 1st 4 games last year. Our backup RB caught passes out of the backfield for Aaron Rogers. We have a young TE, that may be our best TE since Mickey Shuler.

We signed a stud 4 time pro bowl MLB, and sent the shrimp off to KC. We signed a tough slot CB in Poole to replace the human target practice Buster Skrine. We drafted QW who many said had the best tape they've seen since Aaron Donald. We drafted Polite who's biggest mistake was listening to someone that told him to gain weight for the combine. And we drafted the best blocking TE in football who comes in at a strapping 276 Lbs to help keep our young QB healthy & create some holes for the best RB we've had here since Curtis Martin.

Just a few short years ago, our starting QB was going to be Geno Smith, our WRs were David Nelson, Brad Salas & David Clowney. 

Then in 2015 we were saddled with Todd Bowles & in our most important game of our season at Buffalo he starts f*cking Ridley? 

Forgive me for my optimism but I see an experienced offensive Head coach, an experienced DC, a good Oline coach, a very good special teams coach, and a roster with potential. Am I still excited for the season? More excited than 1998! The AFC is wide open! Bring it on!

Amen brother!

Without question. The reaction by the national and local media ( and the posters in this forum) to the Jets firing a bad GM in May instead of January has been absurd and ridiculously negative.  I still don’t see what the fuss is about. 

The team on the field is the same and it is improved despite Mac ignoring OL, drafting another DT, and significantly overpaying an aging self absorbed RB and potential locker room cancer. 

I am looking forward to this season more than many recent seasons when we were badly coached and lacking in talent. I never had less interest In this team than I did in 2017. I just wanted them to lose that season and the CS and FO screwed they upby playing McCown and winning 5 meaningless games, forcing the loss of 3 2nd round picks just to have a shot at a QB. I wasn’t interested much in 2018 either with another undeserved season with Bowles. I wanted no part of Fitz in 16 and saw that train wreck coming. 2012-14 were a mess as well before the season with the Tebow nonsense, Geno Smith, Sanchezsnd a coach who didn’t even know where the offense gamecplanning room was. 

2008 was bad too. I had no interest in an aging Favre who was clearly looking for s oath to the Vikings and didn’t want to be here. I hated that season. 

This is much different. We have a young QB, some young stars, and  some new talent. The OL should have been the priority, but that is one reason we are where we are today.

I’m willing to give Gase a shot. He’s not going to be the GM . If he forced CJs hand to bring in a GM that is on the same page as him, I give him credit and not blame. 

To write off this season and this coach over what appears to me to be a logical decision to fire an ineffective GM after free agency and the draft is stupid. You are taking the anti-Jet bait. If Gase realized that he didn’t agree with and couldn’t work with Mac, I support that and applaud the move and so should all of you. 

If a car keeps breaking down and you decide to hold onto it rather than buy a new car during a sale and a few months later it breaks down again, do you continue driving it until the next sale or buy a new car ASAP? You dump the lemon and buy a new car. The Jets dumped a lemon. The only mistake was holding onto it longer than they should have. 

• Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Two things working against the Jets:

• Organization is currently a dysfunctional mess.
  • The gap between the Patriots and everyone else in the AFCE is massive.

You just hope Darnold is tough enough to ignore the nonsense and get better.

Not really.

We just getting a new GM man relax

Also the Gap is massive between them and like 30 other teams..not just the jet Miami and Buffalo and that Gap is closing.

Two words. Sam. Darnold.

I'm pretty bullish on his potential past his rookie year. I think the he's adjusted to the pace of the game, I think he's a real playmaker, and I think he'll do well in Gase's offense doing thigs Tannehill couldn't in it.

I'm also pretty confident in the defense, Greg Williams with this gang of first rounders? It'll be great.

I'm a little concerned about the center, and whether or not some solid receiving options will reveal themselves beyond the starters. But I feel decent about this team as it stands. They're young and coming into their own, they'll be a decent team. They should be in the wild card hunt come December. (7-9 win team I think)

18 hours ago, Team archer said:

Granted everything thats happened and how it could inevitably manifest itself to a sh*t show on the field and negatively affect Darnold and co, how excited are you to even watch? How many more games do the jets lose just because of the distractions from the management? I predicted 9-7 and now im thinking 6-10 or 7-9.

is that a real question?  it may be a little more challenging with all of this contrived bs side show that is and will be perpetuated by maneesh or cimini or costello but at the end of the day it's all about gase putting a competitive team on the field every week.  if gase is the right guy for the job he will keep the team focused on what lies ahead and not dwell on mac being fired or all this bs about chris johnson being a bad owner.  and while we can argue about how effective chris or woody johnson are as owners we should all agree that both of these guys want to see a winning team.  hopefully this will result in some introspection and setting up a better management structure.

17 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

Heck yeah

It doesn't matter if they are good bad or mediocre

It doesn't matter if they have a FQB, run of the mill vet or Bevis or Butthead at QB

It doesn't matter who drafted who or who gets paid what

All that matters is that on certain Sundays (or other odd days), I get to watch Jets football

August can't come fast enough in that regard

You must have certain standards?