Nick Mangold, Willie Colon stunned by Mike Maccagnan firing

3 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

well..I disagree.  If you believe that there isn't a measurable difference in the acumen of a self made millionaire/billionaire and a trust fund baby, we have no basis for discussion.

I should point out that entire American Football League was started by owners who were mostly trust fund babies, like the Hunts.

One of the jokes that sportswriters tied to the NFL at the time made was that the new AFL  was run by people "in the inheritance business".

4 hours ago, kelticwizard said:

I should point out that entire American Football League was started by owners who were mostly trust fund babies, like the Hunts.

One of the jokes that sportswriters tied to the NFL at the time made was that the new AFL  was run by people "in the inheritance business".

It’s taking over all of sports.....  look at Carolina. David Tepper an Uber billionaire buys the team.   At least he has some business experience. 

Not sure I see how the fact that one guy with business experience means that all owners need to run businesses, especially since the whole league was started by rich heirs who couldn't get into the NFL, so they formed the AFL and forced themselves in.