Rumor: Peyton Manning To The Jets?

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Remember when he was leaving the Colts and he wouldn’t even take a call from the Jets and Woody had to say the Jets “were never interested” and they had to give Mark Sanchez a cool $50 mil extension to make it up to him? 

Yes, I got so mad I yelled at Smashmouth here  the next day when he applauded the move and I got a “ what’s up, you ok post?” from Max. Haha 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

Manning isn’t doing this. They know the Johnsons are idiots. He’s not compromising his legacy for whatever pittance Chris Johnson might cough up. If he wanted to, Peyton could go get $8 mil per to do TV. No way Chris Johnson is coming close to that for a figurehead GM

• Upvote 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

Manning isn’t doing this. They know the Johnsons are idiots. He’s not compromising his legacy for whatever pittance Chris Johnson might cough up. If he wanted to, Peyton could go get $8 mil per to do TV. No way Chris Johnson is coming close to that for a figurehead GM

this is a fact.

33 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Dude he’s never scouted or had FO experience in his life. I understand who he is but that doesn’t mean he’ll make a great talent evaluator or GM for that matter. Now I’d love to have him in our building in SOME kind of role if he’d accept that. 

But hell no to GM.

Talent Evaluation is up to the scouts he surrounds himself with. Anyone who would be against Peyton Manning being any damn thing he wants to be within this organization is nuts.

I would take Peyton Manning as President/GM in a heartbeat, not because he was a great player but because he knows the game, would bring instant respect to this dysfunctional organization and knows what it takes to win. The fact he gets along with the head coach and we already know the HC respects him makes it that much easier. 

• Upvote 2

I don't believe Peyton would be a good coach or talent evaluator. President of football ops, maybe but that's it. I would not be very happy with him as GM, would be such a Johnson hire. People that talented at their craft generally have a hard time since they are no longer in control on the field. I think Elway is hot garbage.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You think Manning would be a figurehead GM, or even accept that type of role If the Job was offered to him ?

4 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

No, seriously. I thought a 43 year old QB that had major neck surgery ands been retired since 2015 was going to make a comeback and replace a 21 year old QB that the Jets gave away picks to get at 3 last year. 

hahahahahahahahahaa

hey, its the Jets...you never know, I guess...but man, even that is insane...

This is crazy. I really don’t think Peyton has the experience to find the top notch defensive tackles in the 1st round.

Also, what kind of connections does he have in the college rank? While other teams are scouting o-line at bama, is he willing to go scout running backs at Virginia state?

Can he get into hospitals to scout linebackers from Minnesota or corners from Rutgers?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Been following this team for a long time. Whats truly amazing is that even though they have had different Owners, GM's and HC's over that time they keep making the same mistakes.

100% agree.  It goes from bad to worse to worst...the best days were Rex and Tanny.  They were the highlight of the last 50+ years.

27 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Ownership is irrelevant at this point. Gase has gone full Skynet on this organization.

5 minutes ago, J_Smith said:

This is crazy. I really don’t think Peyton has the experience to find the top notch defensive tackles in the 1st round.

Also, what kind of connections does he have in the college rank? While other teams are scouting o-line at bama, is he willing to go scout running backs at Virginia state?

Can he get into hospitals to scout linebackers from Minnesota or corners from Rutgers?

Macc's fired.