Rumor: Peyton Manning To The Jets?

5 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Manning  - Director of Football Operations/Personal Guru to Sam Darnold

Joe Douglas - GM

Daniel Jeremiah - Assistant GM/Director of Player Personnel

IndianaJet - Boner Pants

Jeremiah supposedly makes over a mil per at NFLN. If they’re going to hire that group you mentioned, it’ll require Chris Johnson to lay out about $12 mil per year for those three, and that’s assuming Peyton takes the job for a measly $8 mil

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Jeremiah supposedly makes over a mil per at NFLN. If they’re going to hire that group you mentioned, it’ll require Chris Johnson to lay out about $12 mil per year for those three, and that’s assuming Peyton takes the job for a measly $8 mil

Ok...so what you're saying is that we need everyone to go out and buy more baby powder.

BRB...

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, The Gooch said:

WHATTT!!!!  He didn't want to play here back in 1997,now he is going to want to come here to be are GM!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe he realized the organization got better 

18 minutes ago, The Gooch said:

WHATTT!!!!  He didn't want to play here back in 1997,now he is going to want to come here to be are GM!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even Peytons mother said since he never heard from the Jets he went back to school.. The Tuna who was only going to coach for 3 years wasn't going to take a QB with the first pick in the draft he always was going to trade down.. Had Parcells guaranteed Peyton he would take him 1st he would have came out..

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I asked Kyle Brandt of the nfl network about this at taste of the jets but of course he denied the rumor. 

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Seems like small potatoes to get this organization in order... This is 4+ billion dollar franchise... Spending 25 million to run the ship seems reasonable. 

23 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Sounds like we aren’t getting our top guys.

As an alternative, having a Manning and some good talent evaluators plus a cap guy below him wouldn’t be a bad thing. I would even want Gase to report to Manning. Move CJ to side.

Or assembling a staff before the hire is official... Because they still have to interview for rooney rule

2 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Seems like small potatoes to get this organization in order... This is 4+ billion dollar franchise... Spending 25 million to run the ship seems reasonable. 

I always say this, too. If you have a guy that you think can bring you a title, that guy is worth as much as it takes to bring him in. If Douglas wants $4 mil to sign, give him $4 million dollars. Pinching pennies at HC and GM is ******* absurd considering the potential ROI. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Chad Pennington was a Rhodes Scholar candidate. Do you want him as GM? 

Chad Pennington was not Peyton Manning for one, and if you're taking this stance you would have never hired Ozzie Newsome either who built and maintained a SB and Playoff Caliber team for years. If Manning showed anything during his professional career it was the ability to spend countless hours on his craft (along with making commercials) to be the best so what makes you think that would be any different as a GM or President of a football team ? Does someone have to have some kind of special gift or classes to become a good talent evaluator and know how to build an NFL roster ? Is football suddenly rocket science ? All you can hope for is a guy just like Manning who would be willing to put incredible amounts of time into the job and hope his knowledge of the game translates.

• Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So we'll have a Colt as our GM and a Dolphin as our Coach.

What, we couldn't squeeze in a Bill D-Co and Patriots O-Co in there too?

This is ridiculous ... No matter who you hire they are coming from another NFL franchise

• Upvote 1

The LAST thing I want is for the Johnsons to try to reinvent the GM position by hiring “out of the box”.  I can only imagine what they’re envisioning.  Does Peyton have ANY front office experience?!

I love this whole “he has to get along Gase” talk. I don’t think it came from CJ but I feel like there has to be truth to it after Gase won the power play.  It truly is like “Emperor Gase”.  

Bottom line - just do whatever it takes to get Joe Douglas in here.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Chad Pennington was not Peyton Manning for one, and if you're taking this stance you would have never hired Ozzie Newsome either who built and maintained a SB and Playoff Caliber team for years. If Manning showed anything during his professional career it was the ability to spend countless hours on his craft (along with making commercials) to be the best so what makes you think that would be any different as a GM or President of a football team ? Does someone have to have some kind of special gift or classes to become a good talent evaluator and know how to build an NFL roster ? Is football suddenly rocket science ? All you can hope for is a guy just like Manning who would be willing to put incredible amounts of time into the job and hope his knowledge of the game translates.

Newsome spent ten years after his retirement as a scout and assistant GM. Peyton has spent his time after retirement hawking cut-rate insurance plans to gap-toothed hillbillies in Appalachia. 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Manning  - Director of Football Operations/Personal Guru to Sam Darnold

Joe Douglas - GM

Daniel Jeremiah - Assistant GM/Director of Player Personnel

IndianaJet - Boner Pants

This I'd be fine with.   Well, I think so anyway.  That "Director of Football Operations" thing for Peyton (who is still unproven) scares me a little but if that's what it took to have him as "Personal Guru to Sam Darnold" then sign me up!  If Douglas doesn't happen, I'll be very bummed out.  I'd like the Jeremiah thing to happen as well.

39 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I am told there is no salary cap for front office, so we are good here.

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Newsome spent ten years after his retirement as a scout and assistant GM. Peyton has spent his time after retirement hawking cut-rate insurance plans to gap-toothed hillbillies in Appalachia. 

Like a Boss Shane

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

We have a terribly incompetent owner and a nut job head coach.

They could certainly fill the job but anyone that has other options will stay away.

Other options? Seriously? Nothing is guaranteed in life, especially a GM opening in the 32 slot NFL. You get a really young Sam Darnold, your competing against 2 other organizations that are rebuilding & the QB for the dynasty up in New England showed a bit of his age finally, they got two huge lucky breaks, the Dee Ford offside & the non call that gave them the fizzled out Rams offense with a gimpy Gurley & 2 shrimp WRs, instead of Drew Bree's, Micheal Thomas, Kamara & Ingram. The Patriots defense won the Super Bowl. 

5 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Would go in line with the Jets picking guys with no qualifications to be gm.  

He'd collaborate and learn from Gase. Gase has been a GM before. I like it actually. Peyton is a Legend/Hero in my hometown of Knoxville TN, where I am from. ? Sure I'm a tad biased but atleast he's not a complete slapdyck like Macc or Bowles was.