Jump to content
southtown24th

Rumor: Peyton Manning To The Jets?

Recommended Posts

Who cares Peyton Manning or Bozo the clown nothing changes the NY Jets. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Some question marks, sure.

But it’s not some dire situation.

The Jets may not have a true #1 receiver, but they have 3 guys all under the age of 27 who have proven capable of putting up 700-900+ yards.

Chris Herndon is a promising young TE who only started 12 games as a rookie and still wound up with 500 receiving yards and 4 TD’s.

And though the Jets OL is far from one of the premier units in the league, it’s not complete garbage either. Especially with the addition of Osemele.

Agree but the mindset of the organization needs to change.  We won 4 games last season striving for 5 this year isn't building a championship organization. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bring Archie and Olivia in also.

Lucky us.

Hey no matter what they got new uni's right?

Can you imagine whats going on in Darnolds head right now? Holy sh!tballs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Old school folks would never want hated rivals on their team. This soft attitude to rivals is just another sh*tty result of the fantasy football free agency era. No one cares, sign Brady, hire Bellichek, Marino for GM, SURE! Sorry, not me. **** Peyton Manning.

That hate is for players. If Manning is up for the challenge that would be fine with me, a rival is when teams are consistently playing on the same playing field. Jets have been in the bottom 3rd I would welcome someone with a football mind that can be applied in the right space and task. Anything to make the Jets even fun to watch at least, and SB contender at most. Dolphins have been our rival no matter how the teams are performing, or is that to old school?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

He doesn’t 

But Elway didn’t need to take the Broncos job. Lynch didn’t need to take the 49ers job.

Pretty much everyone will tell you that Peyton Manning is one of those “football lifers” who finds it difficult to sever ties with the game.

He eats, sleeps, drinks and pisses football. 

 

He eats sh*t like the Jets for breakfast. 

Wait, he eats sh*t for breakfast?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, southtown24th said:

not for anyone with an education it isn't...everyone knows Manning wants to be in an NFL front office...not rocket science here folks...Pipefitters' Union?

Well the original topic that i posted on said the Jets were pursuing Manning. It got merged and changed.

And who the eff are you to talk sh*t about anybody? Everyone knows the 24 in your name is your IQ.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can Peyton Manning be as bad as Idzik and Macagnan?

 

 

no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Can Peyton Manning be as bad as Idzik and Macagnan?

 

 

no

As a Jet fan, you should never such a question.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Peyton would lose millions from the commercials he makes to come in as GM, that much is true.  If however, he truly wants to get back into football maybe money doesn't matter all that much to him.  Not sure why he would want to deal with all the BS of being a GM for a historically bad franchise with historically bad ownership.  The only way I see this happening is if he desperately wants back into football and really would enjoy working with Adam.  Other than that I don't see why he would take the job.

Would he be a good GM?  Who knows?  He's been in the trenches playing for almost 20 years and has won at the highest level, so I think just being surrounded by great players might make him a good talent evaluator.  He's seen it all on the field.  With all that said, maybe, just maybe Payton would make a good GM.  I don't think we'll ever know though.  

My guess is he is flattered at the offer but turns it down.  I know I would if I were him.  He could continue to make millions off his commercials while spending quality time with his family.  I have to imagine making commercials is easy money, while being a GM is hard work for less pay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, afjetsfan said:

Peyton would lose millions from the commercials he makes to come in as GM, that much is true.

If he didn't want to give up the commercial endorsements, why would he have to? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You now have Fox News and CBS Sports adding momentum to this.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/jets-reportadly-interested-in-peyton-manning-for-gm-job

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/rumors-reportedly-circling-that-jets-could-make-a-run-at-peyton-manning-for-front-office-role/

I don't know what to make of it because it is not guaranteed that a great player will also make a great administrator or evaluator of talent.

Joe Douglas should have been a done deal if he really wanted it/Jets wanted him. Of course McCarthy and Matt Rhule were also "done deals" during the coaching search.

Being serious for a moment, you truly cannot make this stuff up with this team. No longer is this town talking about the Knicks lottery woes or the future of the Giants. All eyes are on the incompetence and hesitancy of these fools. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MasterChiefJets said:

You now have Fox News and CBS Sports adding momentum to this.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/jets-reportadly-interested-in-peyton-manning-for-gm-job

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/rumors-reportedly-circling-that-jets-could-make-a-run-at-peyton-manning-for-front-office-role/

I don't know what to make of it because it is not guaranteed that a great player will also make a great administrator or evaluator of talent.

Joe Douglas should have been a done deal if he really wanted it/Jets wanted him. Of course McCarthy and Matt Rhule were also "done deals" during the coaching search.

Being serious for a moment, you truly cannot make this stuff up with this team. No longer is this town talking about the Knicks lottery woes or the future of the Giants. All eyes are on the incompetence and hesitancy of these fools. 

 

There is no way to know if Peyton will be a good GM but it’s not impossible that he wouldn’t be an enormous upgrade over our last two clowns

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Philc1 said:

There is no way to know if Peyton will be a good GM but it’s not impossible that he wouldn’t be an enormous upgrade over our last two clowns

Day 1 of Camp, Peyton works with the Jets Offense....

 

cCOkLEz.gif.bde7ed6f7e8bc63fafd5134c45817491.gif

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Some question marks, sure.

But it’s not some dire situation.

The Jets may not have a true #1 receiver, but they have 3 guys all under the age of 27 who have proven capable of putting up 700-900+ yards.

Chris Herndon is a promising young TE who only started 12 games as a rookie and still wound up with 500 receiving yards and 4 TD’s.

And though the Jets OL is far from one of the premier units in the league, it’s not complete garbage either. Especially with the addition of Osemele.

We’ve easily upgraded at least 30% of the starters on O and didn’t downgrade any positions. We also should have better coaching on O and a 2nd year QB. This offense should be significantly better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, slats said:

 Whatever your opinion of Peyton, he'd bring credibility. 

Understatement of the ******* year

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Day 1 of Camp, Peyton works wit Jets Offense....

 

cCOkLEz.gif.bde7ed6f7e8bc63fafd5134c45817491.gif

Great skit from snl. That episode was great

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Day 1 of Camp, Peyton works wit Jets Offense....

 

cCOkLEz.gif.bde7ed6f7e8bc63fafd5134c45817491.gif

Talk about rubbing salt on an open wound. Manning didn’t have to hit Darron Lee with the ball like that. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As mentioned, he would at the very least bring credibility. Everyone assumes they can succeed, but I would be hard-pressed to imagine Peyton and his family would risk his legacy taking on a job that he/they didn't think he could actually do. He also strikes me as someone who would surround himself with talented people, rather than assume he could handle every aspect. But f*ck, I've been wrong plenty before. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don't think Manning is going to take the GM position, but I can see him getting involved in the FO in some capacity

.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally think the Manning FAMILY has eyes on owning a NFL team once Eli retires. Peyton taking a GM job anywhere isn’t part of that plan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I personally think the Manning FAMILY has eyes on owning a NFL team once Eli retires. Peyton taking a GM job anywhere isn’t part of that plan.

LOL

Lets get really crazy.  How would the fan base react if the Manning's  bought the Jets.  That would be fun

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, slats said:

If he didn't want to give up the commercial endorsements, why would he have to? 

Good question.  First, I don't think it sends the right message to be doing commercials while a full time GM.  Also, he wouldn't have the time as a GM to break away for a week at a time to do a commercial.  He does probably 6 a year, equating to maybe 6 weeks worth of work.  No way he gets that much time away from the GM job.  With that said, I really have no idea how long it takes to do a commercial, maybe it only takes a couple of days per commercial.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, DLJ said:

So the jets weren’t good enough for him to play for but they’re good enough for him to be in charge of? Let’s not forget he pulled his own 2004 Eli back in the day

 

This will be Elway in Denver all over again

Manning wanted to play for the Jets and Elway has led the Broncos to two super bowl s winning one as an exec.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Talk about rubbing salt on an open wound. Manning didn’t have to hit Darron Lee with the ball like that. 

 

F9988BC2-2B8D-42F7-8DD4-B82449EF11F9.jpeg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Offer the Mann a cheap buy in, 85% of of five billion is worth more than 100%

of three billion. Number 18 would add intelligence, improved perceived image and cash value

to this Godforsaken team

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2019 at 9:57 PM, The Crusher said:

 

What the hell are you talking about? Peyton Manning has avoided this franchise like the plague his entire career. Just because he’s the only person on the planet that the media is convince Gase doesn’t hate has nothing too do with him coming here. He’s too busy making money in commercials. 

Peyton is the one candidate who would be delighted with our selection of coach

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, flgreen said:

I really don't think Manning is going to take the GM position, but I can see him getting involved in the FO in some capacity

.

I think it’s GM or bust for Peyton 

I’m not sure why he would accept some sort of “director of pro personnel” job when he’s watched guys like Elway and Lynch get the main gig.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I think it’s GM or bust for Peyton 

I’m not sure why he would accept some sort of “director of pro personnel” job when he’s watched guys like Elway and Lynch get the main gig.

As far as an official job title goes, your probably right. 

I can see Manning making appearances during training camp, and popping up here and there as a consultant, carrying some kind of "advisor" title.   Not a real job, but being around quite a bit just to stay involved  with football for now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

I think it’s GM or bust for Peyton 

I’m not sure why he would accept some sort of “director of pro personnel” job when he’s watched guys like Elway and Lynch get the main gig.

I don't think he'd take a job he wasn't 100% confident he could succeed in. I have my doubts about him as a traditional GM. Significant doubts. I also think that he'd like to own a team. Taking a job like VP of Football Operations would be like an ownership apprentice position. If he really believes in Gase, he might be open to such a position with the Jets. 

All that said, I really don't think he's coming to the Jets. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, slats said:

I have my doubts about him as a traditional GM. Significant doubts.

What are your doubts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

What are your doubts?

I imagine most of the same misgivings you might have, short of the fact that he used to play for the Colts. That whole lack of personnel experience thing looming pretty large. 

Before you ask, that VP of FO job would be more like a glorified consultant position. His personal relationship with Gase would serve the organization well with Peyton being a buffer between Gase and the owner. In that position, he'd serve as a mediator between HC, GM, and owner, as well as just being a smart, NFL veteran who everyone in the building could bounce ideas off of. Jets would get a high-profile face of the front office, Peyton gets a paycheck and valuable front office experience. Potential win-win. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, slats said:

I imagine most of the same misgivings you might have, short of the fact that he used to play for the Colts. That whole lack of personnel experience thing looming pretty large. 

Before you ask, that VP of FO job would be more like a glorified consultant position. His personal relationship with Gase would serve the organization well with Peyton being a buffer between Gase and the owner. In that position, he'd serve as a mediator between HC, GM, and owner, as well as just being a smart, NFL veteran who everyone in the building could bounce ideas off of. Jets would get a high-profile face of the front office, Peyton gets a paycheck and valuable front office experience. Potential win-win. 

Sounds like you're for it, despite your misgivings as to his experience in a front office.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, flgreen said:

LOL

Lets get really crazy.  How would the fan base react if the Manning's  bought the Jets.  That would be fun

Honestly, I'd be fine with it (as long as he did a good job - lol).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...