MUST LISTEN: TOJ's Joe Caporoso speaks with Tony Pauline

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Gase wasn't which choice?  You know this how exactly?  

Because of how the coaching search went, that's how. Ruhle wasnt offered the job because he wouldnt agree to letting the Jets pick his staff. That happened BEFORE Gase agreed to do so, hence getting the offer. 

Matt Ruhle was consluted by Bill Parcell's himself and Parcells told him "Not to take any job that doesnt allow you to pick your own staff". 

That's why Matt Ruhle (And probably a bunch of other candidates that laughed at the thought of Macc picking their staff) isnt the Jets coach today. 

McCarthy wanted the job so we're going to make up BS reasons why he did.  Because you absolutely know he was bsing, didn't want it.  

Im not sure what you're getting at. I never once said that McCarthy didnt want the job. Not once. I made my statement as a reply to you saying that "McCarthy only wanted the Jets Job". And I replied to you why McCarthy probably felt that way. In January it was reported that McCarthy only wanted to consider the Jets opening, but that's only after he was being denied for potential landing spots such as with the Browns back in December. 

Maybe McCarthy knew that all of the shenanigans that he was running out there in Green Bay he could probably do here in New York given how dysfuntional ownership was. So to be clear, it wasnt just McCarthy narrowing down his options, the available options were declining him as a potential candidate before the season was even done. 

They could have had Ruhle.  If they wanted him enough.  Or if they would have, one more time, allowed him to bring in an OC to develop Darnold who has never coached in the NFL.  Because that's what the Jets should have done.  Got it. 

So they could have had McCarthy.  Could have had Ruhle.  Probably could have had KK.  

They wanted someone, like everyone here did, with NFL experience.  Also like everyone here, someone from the O side of the ball.  So hiring Gase was desperation.

Makes sense.

They could have had Ruhle, but it was Ruhle that declined their terms.  Ruhle declined the terms which would have allowed the Jets to give him an offer. In otherwords, if Ruhle would have accepted their terms then this wouldnt even be a topic. Ruhle declined their terms...and in essence their offer...that is what happened. They wanted him and he said no. 

They could have had McCarthy, but McCarthy sank his own boat with his actions and the Packers front office made sure to send the message, so not hiring him is Kudos to Maccagnan. 

"Jets Probably could have KK" is a moot point. You can say that the Jets could have had anyone if that's the logic you're using today. 

The bottomline is this. McCarthy was toxic and their top guy in Ruhle DECLINED their terms. And he's not even the only one to deline the Jets. 

Iowa St. HC Matt Campbell declined to even be interviewed for this coveted job back in December.

https://thespun.com/big-12/iowa-state/major-college-coach-declines-interview-request-from-the-jets

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/31/iowa-state-coach-declines-offer-to-interview-with-jets/

Oh, and if they ONLY wanted someone with NFL experience so bad, then why were they even interviewing folks without NFL experience??????

lmao.

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Meh. That’s mostly Pauline doing a victory lap without adding much new than what’s already out there. The one thing I found amusing was Pauline saying that Maccagnan is too “old school” and doesn’t want to pay big money for tight ends and centers...but he’ll drop high picks on safeties and ILBs? Bottom line with everything flying around right now is that Maccagnan was in way over his head and needed to go. Regardless of how anyone feels about Gase, there’s nooooobody out there making the positive case for retaining Maccagnan.

I beg to differ Starbucks CEO wanted the Jets to retain Mac since their stock went up 10% since he was hired by the Jets after he was fired Starbucks stock plummeted 30%

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Your chest and gold chain shot from the assisted living balcony was epic failure. 

My 98 year old grandfather was in better shape than you flabby dude. 

I'm younger than you and have zero flab.

Nice try at trying to get more topless pics though.

35 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Because of how the coaching search went, that's how. Ruhle wasnt offered the job because he wouldnt agree to letting the Jets pick his staff. That happened BEFORE Gase agreed to do so, hence getting the offer. 

Matt Ruhle was consluted by Bill Parcell's himself and Parcells told him "Not to take any job that doesnt allow you to pick your own staff". 

That's why Matt Ruhle (And probably a bunch of other candidates that laughed at the thought of Macc picking their staff) isnt the Jets coach today. 

None of which says they would have offered him a job.  The Jets correctly recognized that youre not just hiring a HC, youre hiring a HC and the staff he has access to.  Ruhle had none, other than the tyros he had at Baylor.  Wasnt working for the Jets, could care less what Parcells told Ruhle.  But to the point, none of this says the Jets got to the point where they were ready to or did offer him the job.  

They could have had Ruhle, but it was Ruhle that declined their terms.  Ruhle declined the terms which would have allowed the Jets to give him an offer. In otherwords, if Ruhle would have accepted their terms then this wouldnt even be a topic. Ruhle declined their terms...and in essence their offer...that is what happened. They wanted him and he said no. 

No, interviewing someone, finding out who theyre bringing in with them, telling them that its unacceptable, isnt a case of Ruhle declining the terms, its the Jets not considering them under his terms and moving on.  Its not an offer in essence or any other way.  Its a negotiation that had a major stumbling block that stopped it short of an offer.  Unless you have proof of something more.  

So to be clear, it wasnt just McCarthy narrowing down his options, the available options were declining him as a potential candidate before the season was even done. 

Well this a good debate.  McCarthy did want the job but because you imagine a scenario where it was his only choice.  Forgetting initial reports were that his first inclination was to sit home for a year, cash a check and then pick and chose a job if he wanted one.  Now he was desperately trying for the Jets job because he had no other options?  

Iowa St. HC Matt Campbell declined to even be interviewed for this coveted job back in December.

He declined all interview requests.  So

Oh, and if they ONLY wanted someone with NFL experience so bad, then why were they even interviewing folks without NFL experience??????

Thats what fans wanted.  Jets prefered it.  Wasnt an only case.  

Dont know how thats funny. 

At around 11:30 Caproso says Joe Douglas to the Eagles is definitely not a done deal and that the Eagles think very highly of him and want to keep him.  Also he raises the concern about having to rubber stamp everything Adam Gase wants.

If we end up with Joe Douglas I'll be ecstatic.  If we lose Joe Douglas then I will be livid.  We should've just fired Macc/Bowles at the end of last year and hired Douglas at that point (when our job was way more appealing).

• Upvote 1

At around 16:45 Pauline says (paraphrasing):

Gase saw Tevin Coleman as a better fit because Gase runs an outside zone type running system, whereas Le'Veon Bell is an "interior gap runner".

So this goes completely against @SAR I's point about Gase/CJ choosing the players while Macc did the dirty work.  Also it completely goes against the idea that "who cares that Macc was the GM this past offseason.  We got these great players." 

If the GM and the HC are not on the same page these are the types of issues that are going to come up (players who are a bit fit for the HC's system).  It also cost us a lot of cap money, as Tevin Coleman would've come a lot cheaper than Bell.  

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Probably Charley Casserly.  

Of all the stories out there, that's the one that really bothers me the most.  Macc was going to get fired in Houston but he was Casserly's buddy so that was the recommendation.  The Johnsons hire the guy for his help and he pulls that crap?!  I'm probably more upset at Casserly than I am at Macc/Bowles/Johnson bros.  

Casserly basically shivved the Jets and all their fans.

Pretty quickly (so easy to see the disaster building even in Year 1, compiling wins, just barely against the worst teams in the league, the crescendo being Rex Ryan totally schooling Bowles in a must-win game, with only half his team healthy, who hadn’t practiced all week and Greg Salas as Ryan’s #1 receiver, the “no rhyme or reason drafts” by Maccagnan that would come annually) I was angry with ownership for hiring these 2 moronic, stereotypical company “yes-men”, but then I read that Woody actually begged Mike Holmgren to come in and would have given him total control, and Holmgren’s wife said no.

I think the only way Maccagnan will be employed, even as a Scout, is if someone owes Casserly another favor, similar to Arians the only guy who would make Bowles a DC again.

According the Colin Cowherd almost all the other GMs in the league barely knew Maccagnan, even by his 5th draft.  Guy had spent almost 5 years locking himself in his office watching college tape , definitely not doing “GM things”.

I guess he himself knew how incompetent he was and he was just trying to lay as low as possible and keep collecting those paychecks.  Actually looks somewhat like this guy...

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

None of which says they would have offered him a job.  The Jets correctly recognized that youre not just hiring a HC, youre hiring a HC and the staff he has access to.  Ruhle had none, other than the tyros he had at Baylor.  Wasnt working for the Jets, could care less what Parcells told Ruhle.  But to the point, none of this says the Jets got to the point where they were ready to or did offer him the job.  

Then what's your point, because you're all over the place? You went from how they "could have had Ruhle" to now they "Recognized that they're not just hiring an HC" as if that was news. 

You're damage controlling. The fact is this, the Jets wanted Ruhle but Ruhle denied them based on their demands. 

No, interviewing someone, finding out who theyre bringing in with them, telling them that its unacceptable, isnt a case of Ruhle declining the terms, its the Jets not considering them under his terms and moving on.  Its not an offer in essence or any other way.  Its a negotiation that had a major stumbling block that stopped it short of an offer.  Unless you have proof of something more.  

Question, do you have proof that the Jets knew who Ruhle was brining in with him? You're sitting here making it seem like Ruhle had a group of coordnators and positions coaches behind him ready to go. You dont know that at all. Ruhle would have had to go out on and find who was available just like Gase did. The difference? Ruhle simply didnt want his staff to be predicated by the "okay" of anyone else. At the time of his hire, did Adam Gase have complete autonomy of who he could hire?

Well this a good debate.  McCarthy did want the job but because you imagine a scenario where it was his only choice.  Forgetting initial reports were that his first inclination was to sit home for a year, cash a check and then pick and chose a job if he wanted one.  Now he was desperately trying for the Jets job because he had no other options?  

Forgetting initial reports that he was going to pick up his ball and go home, doesnt change what I didnt forget, which was that other options were declining the possibility of McCarthy before the end of December. Going home to cash checks is exactly what he's doing, in part because of the fact that even if he wanted to, certain teams already put the "Do not try" on the front door. 

He declined all interview requests.  So

So...it shows that the Jets job was not more coveted in comparison to the others the way you've tried to portray it. That's just something folks say because of Sam Darnold. Sam may be a QB coaches want to work with, but that doesnt mean folks want to work for this organization. 

Thats what fans wanted.  Jets prefered it.  Wasnt an only case.  

Dont know how thats funny. 

What's funny is how your definitive positions quickly changed to preferences. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Almost veryone on NFLN.  Most of the NFL live people.  Tanny.

Theres a whole world outside of what Cimini or Pauline whine about.  

Remember when you and a few others said no one would want the HC job.  Spot on too. 

This is true. Guys on Sirius NFL were saying the same. Getting Darnold was supposed to be the hard part...

32 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Then what's your point, because you're all over the place? You went from how they "could have had Ruhle" to now they "Recognized that they're not just hiring an HC" as if that was news. 

You're damage controlling. The fact is this, the Jets wanted Ruhle but but Ruhle denied them based on their demands. 

Question, do you have proof that the Jets knew who Ruhle was brining in with him? You're sitting here making it seem like Ruhle had a group of coordnators and positions coaches behind him ready to go. You dont know that at all. Ruhle would have had to go out on and find who was available just like Gase did. The difference? Ruhle simply didnt want his staff to be predicated by the "okay" of anyone else. At the time of his hire, did Adam Gase have complete autonomy of who he could hire?

Forgetting initial reports that he was going to pick up his ball and go home, doesnt change what I didnt forget, which was that other options were declining the possibility of McCarthy before the end of December. Going home to cash checks is exactly what he's doing, in part because of the fact that even if he wanted to, certain teams already put the "Do not try" on the front door. 

So...it shows that the Jets job was not as coveted as the others the way you've tried to portray it. That's just something folks say because of Sam Darnold. Sam may be a QB coaches want to work with, but that doesnt mean folks want to work for this organization. 

What's funny is how your definitive positions quickly changes to preferences. 

I

It's amazing, a simple conversation, debate turns into your accusations and proclamations on what I am.  That and the confusion between facts, logic and your opinion combine for an annoying experience.

I'm done taking to you.

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

It's amazing, a simple conversation, debate turns into your accusations and proclamations on what I am.  That and the confusion between facts, logic and your opinion combine for an annoying experience.

I'm done taking to you.

Showing folks inconsistencies can do that sometimes. 

Speak to you tomorrow Nut. 

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Third choice. It was Rhule, McCarthy, then Gase. 

NOT true. Jets had zero interest in McCarthy. McCarthy tried to spin it but it has been stated many times that McCarthy wanted it but the Jets eliminated that doofus early.

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Meh. That’s mostly Pauline doing a victory lap without adding much new than what’s already out there. The one thing I found amusing was Pauline saying that Maccagnan is too “old school” and doesn’t want to pay big money for tight ends and centers...but he’ll drop high picks on safeties and ILBs? Bottom line with everything flying around right now is that Maccagnan was in way over his head and needed to go. Regardless of how anyone feels about Gase, there’s nooooobody out there making the positive case for retaining Maccagnan.

I dont see Douglas being averse to working with Gase.  they are apparently friends from their time with the Bears.

18 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

NOT true. Jets had zero interest in McCarthy. McCarthy tried to spin it but it has been stated many times that McCarthy wanted it but the Jets eliminated that doofus early.

Macc did not want anyone wishy washier than he was

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Your chest and gold chain shot from the assisted living balcony was epic failure. 

My 98 year old grandfather was in better shape than you flabby dude. 

^ A true connoisseur of the male physique

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Btw — Tony shows his football IQ when he says “Le’Veon Bell doesn’t fit Gase’s scheme, Gase runs an outside the gap scheme”

LOOOOL

Separate the contract from the player: a pass-catching back for a young QB with a sketchy OL is a very good thing. When the play breaks down or the blocking goes to hell, Darnold is gonna dumpoff to Bell. A lot. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Bugg said:

Separate the contract from the player: a pass-catching back for a young QB with a sketchy OL is a very good thing. When the play breaks down or the blocking goes to hell, Darnold is gonna dumpoff the Bell. A lot.

Adam Gase loves screen plays. 

Bell is going to fit in just fine.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Maxman said:

You know who is getting off the board? You if you tell posters to leave again.

18 hours ago, T0mShane said:

@Jet Nut is still steamed that Pauline humiliated him. He’s going through the stages this week 

We all should know that wasnt what was said, what was meant by the post.  

I have no problem with Mr Shane.

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Aw, I'm sweet on you too.  Not in an unhealthy @joewiliy12 way, but you understand.

Took years of training.  I'm sure you'll understand

Don't let your guard down @T0mShane  @Jet Nut has inner feelings for you beyond the like measure.

@CTM and @BROOKLYN JET they are an item. 

You 2 would make a good couple though. 

To each is own, not my thing. 

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Don't let your guard down @T0mShane  @Jet Nut has inner feelings for you beyond the like measure.

@CTM and @BROOKLYN JET they are an item. 

You 2 would make a good couple though. 

To each is own, not my thing. 

Just so we're clear, you're always posting and highlighting gay stuff, then tagging the most eligible bachelors, but it's not your thing. OK 

• Haha 1