Pat Kirwin on NFL radio regarding the Jets

5 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

I heard that. Kirwan is one of my favorite guys to listen to.  The most interesting thing for me was how he talked about this being an opportunity to hear what other high level professionals think about the org. It's fantastic way to get the real intel. Like hearing how the Jets are perceived in trades  etc.  

Problem can be that small minded alpha dog wanna be types can take that as insulting and dislike someone who gives them info like that. I see CJ being in that mold. I still have hope, but I have almost zero confidence in CJ's ability to pull this together. A jet setting billionaire up until 2 years ago that still wants to be perceived as some sort of though guy or at least competent business owner. Having a guy like Adam Gase, who seems like a legit crazy person, can run roughshod over a guy like CJ. 

I can still remember how fraudulent Woody looked to me in Hard Knocks during the Revis holdout. He said "This is New York. We're not going to be intimidated"  or something like that. Then he looked at Tannenbaum for approval.  This is his little brother we're talking about here. 

Rex Ryan and Bowles both had introductory press conferences babbling about toughness and not being intimidated, and all that nonsense. In fact not one coach he has hired, not even Gase, has come in and said something sensible for the 2019 NFL (and going back pretty much the entire time the Johnson owned the team) like you need to pass effectively and score points. Pretty clear this is the kind of gibberish Woody Johnson wanted to hear in interviews and he got it in those guys. Looking at roster construction under first Rex Ryan through Idizik and then Maccagnan,  the overemphasis on defense may have been a reaction to what the owner appears to value, even if it went against NFL trends and how the rules work in favor of offense. 

Personally draft day 2017, when they took 1 safety with Mahomes and Watson (my choice) still on the board and then ANOTHER safety with their 2nd pick, was the point this franchise went off the rails completely. To do that when your offense was practically nonexistent was a disaster. And yet Maccagnan and Bowles were smiling ear to ear. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Bugg said:

Rex Ryan and Bowles both had introductory press conferences babbling about toughness and not being intimidated, and all that nonsense. In fact not one coach he has hired, not even Gase, has come in and said something sensible for the 2019 NFL (and going back pretty much the entire time the Johnson owned the team) like you need to pass effectively and score points. Pretty clear this is the kind of gibberish Woody Johnson wanted to hear in interviews and he got it in those guys. Looking at roster construction under first Rex Ryan through Idizik and then Maccagnan,  the overemphasis on defense may have been a reaction to what the owner appears to value, even if it went against NFL trends and how the rules work in favor of offense. 

Personally draft day 2017, when they took 1 safety with Mahomes and Watson (my choice) still on the board and then ANOTHER safety with their 2nd pick, was the point this franchise went off the rails completely. To do that when your offense was practically nonexistent was a disaster. And yet Maccagnan and Bowles were smiling ear to ear. 

We have a small minded owner, or owners who don't know football. They have a President of the New York Jets who doesn't know football. They have a reporting structure that places the GM and HC on equal footing where both report to people who don't know football. This hierarchy creates an environment for power struggles and we just watched what happens as a result. Now we have our 3rd HC choice, who gave the most unbelievably deranged introductory press conference of all time, slews of people he hasn't gotten along with in his wake and is filled with resentment and anger over the offseason as the only person in the building who knows football.  

How do we really expect this to end for us?  Overtaking the Pats for the division title? 

Again, I'm hoping got the best, but I am finding it difficult at the moment. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

We have a small minded owner, or owners who don't know football. They have a President of the New York Jets who doesn't know football. They have a reporting structure that places the GM and HC on equal footing where both report to people who don't know football. This hierarchy creates an environment for power struggles and we just watched what happens as a result. Now we have our 3rd HC choice, who gave the most unbelievably deranged introductory press conference of all time, slews of people he hasn't gotten along with in his wake and is filled with resentment and anger over the offseason as the only person in the building who knows football.  

How do we really expect this to end for us?  Overtaking the Pats for the division title? 

Again, I'm hoping got the best, but I am finding it difficult at the moment. 

Bravo, I’m feeling pretty much the same. I can’t see it go any other way?

If this blows up I dare not think how bad things will get. He’s hoping he’s another Belichick..

7 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Bravo, I’m feeling pretty much the same. I can’t see it go any other way?

If this blows up I dare not think how bad things will get. He’s hoping he’s another Belichick..

What's really sad for me is I catch myself hoping he is on the autism spectrum. An Idiot savant in a sense where football is all he can be good at. If that was the case, once people around him know this and know how to deal with him they can navigate him accordingly. Thats best case for me. Guys like that have a hard time dealing with people. 

Ugh.  How the hell did we get here? 

40 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

How?  By Woody, then Chris continually making poor hire choice  after poor hire choice for HC and GM. 

By keeping Maccagnan waaaaaaay too long (Bowles as well).  That's how.  Point your finger right to the top.  That's where the cancer is.  Cancer of the brain(trust). 

What's really sad for me is I catch myself hoping he is on the autism spectrum. An Idiot savant in a sense where football is all he can be good at. If that was the case, once people around him know this and know how to deal with him they can navigate him accordingly. Thats best case for me. Guys like that have a hard time dealing with people. 
He's repeatedly put his QBs in a position to be successful, he needs to just stick with that plan. I was hopeful when they hired Williams as DC, but this GM nonsense has me worried all over again.

2 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

The Johnson’s.