I love Soundgarden

Soundgarden and Alice In Chains were the creators of grunge with Jesus Christ Pose and Man in the Box On headbangers ball. They stuck our like a sore thumb with awesome new music in contrast to Winger and Poison and the likes.

Pearl Jam was great but much more the evolution of rock and roll than grunge, and Nirvana was nothing but a childish sh*tty garage band watch an incredible drummer. Bleach was a joke. David Geffen and MTV wanted to get a hold of the scene so they took a sh*tty band with a mediocre songwriter and plugged in a major recording production and created Nevermind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• WTF? 1

1994....one of the best years of my life.  Superunknown, one of the last great alt/grunge albums.  25 year anniversary this year.  It was all starting to go mainstream at that point and heading south.  Give the album a listen if you haven't recently, and not just the popular singles like Black Hole Sun and Spoonman which are great, but the deep stuff....Head Down, Limo Wreck, The Day I Tried to Live.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Soundgarden, one of a dying breed of bands where they had a signature sound.  Most artists today are indistinguishable.   

I like Billie Eilish.

She's not bad.  Dave Grohl has become a fan of hers mostly because his kids kept talking about her. lol

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

1994....one of the best years of my life.  Superunknown, one of the last great alt/grunge albums.  25 year anniversary this year.  It was all starting to go mainstream at that point and heading south.  Give the album a listen if you haven't recently, and not just the popular singles like Black Hole Sun and Spoonman which are great, but the deep stuff....Head Down, Limo Wreck, The Day I Tried to Live.

Yup. I was in the Army in '94...The '90s were the best years of my life. The whole world has sucked since '01. 

• Upvote 2

On 5/25/2019 at 11:17 PM, Snell41 said:

Soundgarden and Alice In Chains were the creators of grunge with Jesus Christ Pose and Man in the Box On headbangers ball. They stuck our like a sore thumb with awesome new music in contrast to Winger and Poison and the likes.

Pearl Jam was great but much more the evolution of rock and roll than grunge, and Nirvana was nothing but a childish sh*tty garage band watch an incredible drummer. Bleach was a joke. David Geffen and MTV wanted to get a hold of the scene so they took a sh*tty band with a mediocre songwriter and plugged in a major recording production and created Nevermind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember reading an interview with some record exec about the rise of grunge.  He said that Nirvana was so huge because the kids didn't know what they wanted, they just knew they wanted was hard rock that wasn't a hair and makeup band.  He said, what they wanted was Peral Jam.

Just now, Apache 51 said:

I'm thinking like Elvis, Bono, Freddy, Jim.

Cornell’s voice was so unique. His range was insane and honestly his imagery-based writing style was so genius at times. Perfect articulation while balancing the task of using metaphors and personification to string together lines. 

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Cornell’s voice was so unique. His range was insane and honestly his imagery-based writing style was so genius at times. Perfect articulation while balancing the task of using metaphors and personification to string together lines. 

Give me a song other than fell on black days to listen. Oh, and live like the afore mentioned, Eddie Vedder for a time.

Both are great vocalists, but Eddie can't really hold Chris' jockstrap in my book.  That's not a knock on Eddie....he's truly great.  It's just that Chris was on another level in my personal opinion.  There are thousands of live recordings (thank god) that I can still go back to.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Apache 51 said:

Give me a song other than fell on black days to listen. Oh, and live like the afore mentioned, Eddie Vedder for a time.

This is his solo work. Keep note of his imagery, poetic creativity and his song making ability. He puts together insanely catchy melodies that just sound like they were the best possible fit for the instrumental and his word choices always perk my ears up.