Jet Blast

Did you know Woody is not a majority owner?

I did not.

This morning I was listening to Press Coverage with Vic Carucci & Dan Leberfeld on the SiriusXM NFL channel. They were discussing whether CJ might have a hard time finding a GM with Woody's impending return, should Trump not get re-elected. They were referring to the uncertainty caused by Woody possibly coming back and changing what CJ has done. Leberfeld did not think that would be an issue since Woody is not the majority owner. He said that Woody, CJ and their mother own equal thirds of the team. I had no idea.

On another note, it is worth mentioning that he felt the NY media has been blowing the dysfunction at 1 Jets Drive out of proportion. While he agrees there are many problems and there hasn't been a cohesive plan, he thinks it's not quite as bad in the building as the press has made it out to be. The media exaggerating? Imagine that!

• Like 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

Are you saying that all I have to do o become majority stakeholder in the Jets is seduce Woody Johnson’s mother and then have Woody Johnson’s plane go down over the Atlantic? Because I can make these things happen.

Is there a lawyer in the house?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Are you saying that all I have to do o become majority stakeholder in the Jets is seduce Woody Johnson’s mother and then have Woody Johnson’s plane go down over the Atlantic? Because I can make these things happen.

She’s probably too much woman for you. 🤣

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

tenor.gif.7b3e3e6eedb95728fa57398b734cee44.gif

8 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Woody Johnson made America great again by leaving

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

Too bad he didn’t make the Jets great by leaving. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Doesn't sound right. I am 95% certain that the league requires one individual to own 51% and have clear control. This is to avoid any legal fights over control which helps the NFL and teams  from ever having to publicly expose their profits and revenues

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, 20andOut said:

Doesn't sound right. I am 95% certain that the league requires one individual to own 51% and have clear control. This is to avoid any legal fights over control which helps the NFL and teams  from ever having to publicly expose their profits and revenues

Who is the majority owner in Green Bay?

Mom would do a better job as owner and CEO get her in here.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Blast said:

I did not.

This morning I was listening to Press Coverage with Vic Carucci & Dan Leberfeld on the SiriusXM NFL channel. They were discussing whether CJ might have a hard time finding a GM with Woody's impending return, should Trump not get re-elected. They were referring to the uncertainty caused by Woody possibly coming back and changing what CJ has done. Leberfeld did not think that would be an issue since Woody is not the majority owner. He said that Woody, CJ and their mother own equal thirds of the team. I had no idea.

On another note, it is worth mentioning that he felt the NY media has been blowing the dysfunction at 1 Jets Drive out of proportion. While he agrees there are many problems and there hasn't been a cohesive plan, he thinks it's not quite as bad in the building as the press has made it out to be. The media exaggerating? Imagine that!

he paid a gaggle of hookers in Jets shares?

32 minutes ago, 20andOut said:

I am 95% certain that the league requires one individual to own 51%

I didn't know that this thread was going to involve math. Maybe the mother owns 51%. Would make Tom Shane's job easier.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TheClashFan said:

I didn't know that this thread was going to involve math. Maybe the mother owns 51%. Would make Tom Shane's job easier.

Would probably make mom's job harder though.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Mom would do a better job as owner and CEO get her in here.

The Johnson Family Sheepdog would do a better job as the owner

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Snook said:

Who is the majority owner in Green Bay?

No one

1 hour ago, Jet Blast said:

I did not.

If this is true, then I need to bang the mom and try to snag that third share. Don’t worry guys, I’ll save the Jets!!!!

2 hours ago, 20andOut said:

I am 95% certain that the league requires one individual to own 51% and have clear control. 

That sounds 48.45% right. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As far as the NFL is concerned Woody is the owner.  The purchase of the team was financed by an investment co Woody owns.

The investors are nearly all family members.  I'm sure his mother, who is like 98, has a good chunk of it.  Most likely C J, and the sister Elizabeth, so in that sense they all have shares in the investment, but Woody is calling the shots.

• Upvote 1

Jesus this is more and more embarrassing.  The team is run by two idiot brothers whose mommy bought them an expensive toy.  No wonder we’re f$cked.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

Jesus this is more and more embarrassing.  The team is run by two idiot brothers whose mommy bought them an expensive toy.  No wonder we’re f$cked.

Reading is fundamental

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Skip middle man and just seduce woody 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Philc1 said:

No one

That was kinda my point.

11 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Is there a lawyer in the house?

Joewilly

Its kind of ridiculous for Jets fans to keep complaining about ownership.

I get it. We're not winning, and they haven't made great decisions. What else is new? Dolan isn't giving up the Knicks, the Wilpon's aren't giving up the Mets, and the Johnson's certainly aren't selling the cash cow Jets. It is what it is.

What we can do, and this might not accomplish anything either, is try to put enough pressure on ownership to make better hires, and hope they listen. Look at where the Jets are now. Almost everyone is happy that Macc was fired. That in itself sounds like a good thing but the timing of it has boxed the organization into putting everything in the hands of Adam Gase going forward.

If you think we're getting an independent, strong candidate to come here to work either with, or more likely, under a HC who was JUST hired, and with the reputation Gase has for back door maneuvering, you're in dreamland.

What we'll get is a glorified personnel/scout type (sounds like Macc doesn't it?) to do Gase's bidding. If you like Gase, then you're ok with that. If you don't, or if you think its crazy to give him this much power, you're like me. Which means you're not very optimistic about how this movie is going to end.

14 hours ago, Jet Blast said:

I did not.

• Upvote 1

interesting.  Does Mom have any interest in running things?

On 5/19/2019 at 4:51 AM, 14 in Green said:

What we can do, and this might not accomplish anything either, is try to put enough pressure on ownership to make better hires, 

The only pressure we can put on ownership is withholding our respect

because they already have our money