Charles Robinson: Jets GM search “very quiet” / “strong skepticism” Manning would consider job

I've got a better chance of being the next Jets GM than Peyton Manning.  Having said that, I wish it would be Manning or some other bigshot because that might be the only type who wouldn't take sh*t from Gase.

With the less established candidates it's a puppet situation.  It all depends on if the Eagles can convince Douglas this job is doomed, or that being Gase's puppet isn't worth it.

hope they are keeping activities quiet or so much for having a plan

really do not want to go through the season with Gase in charge, did not work out so well in Miami and the point in having an offensive minded coach was to focus on Sam and his development, hard to do if your trading away the rest of Mac's draft picks - not many left but still takes time away from the prize

This thread is a despicable troll by serial pot-stirrer @dbatesman, and the tweet he posted is nonsense grousing by Charles Robinson who’s just taking a really easy wack at the Jets franchise, who’ve done an awful job of presenting their case to the media-at-large, and this is the result of that. It underscores how poorly the Jets press shop does its job and how Chris Johnson could improve his brand tomorrow by hiring an actual PR professional to come in and handle organizational messaging. If you had an actual person with a functioning brain stem serving as an intermediary between the team and the media, you’d get fewer “lolJets” headlines and more “sources inside the Jets tell me <smart lie that paints Jets in positive light>.” 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This thread is a despicable troll by serial pot-stirrer @dbatesman, and the tweet he posted is nonsense grousing by Charles Robinson who’s just taking a really easy wack at the Jets franchise, who’ve done an awful job of presenting their case to the media-at-large, and this is the result of that. It underscores how poorly the Jets press shop does its job and how Chris Johnson could improve his brand tomorrow by hiring an actual PR professional to come in and handle organizational messaging. If you had an actual person with a functioning brain stem serving as an intermediary between the team and the media, you’d get fewer “lolJets” headlines and more “sources inside the Jets tell me <smart lie that paints Jets in positive light>.” 

I'm sure Steve Bannon would take his call.?

I have skepticism about Manning being able to perform the GM job, so nothing lost there. 

The Jets are getting bad press here because nothing else is really going on around the league. They are the story right now, and the vampires are all latching on. As much as all of us would prefer they get this hire done (me included), the fact of the matter is that there is no rush. Unlike if they had fired Mac back in January and were competing with other teams for the top candidates, right now they're the only team in the league with a GM opening. They're not missing out on anyone by taking their time. Yeah, it would've been better if they had a clear plan visible to all of us (no kidding) but, short of that, the next best thing is being thorough. 

As joked about above, the mini-draft is still three months away. Gase can have the scouts prepare for it as the interim GM before the new GM is installed. There's not much else a GM would be doing right now. 

• Sympathy 1

The ONLY way Manning comes here is if he gets the same title as Elway. General Manager and President of Football Operations (Which the Jets need in a bad way). That solves the GM spot and the Owners knowing jack sh*t issue.

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

The ONLY way Manning comes here is if he gets the same title as Elway. General Manager and President of Football Operations (Which the Jets need in a bad way). That solves the GM spot and the Owners knowing jack sh*t issue.

Hiring someone unqualified for a position solves nothing.

• Upvote 1

On 5/18/2019 at 7:09 PM, DMan77 said:

Very quiet means they've cut out some leaks, not that they're not looking... Sounds good to me.

Yup. The Mac-Mannish connection is gone, hence the leaks are minimal to none.

19 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

So who is the RIGHT man?  Is he going to wait until he’s hired for the reveal???

the RIGHT Man for the Jets is the man who agrees to work here. 

they don't choose people for these jobs

they run out of options 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the RIGHT Man for the Jets is the man who agrees to work here. 

they don't choose people for these jobs

they run out of options 

Not only this but it’s still hard for me to grasp that even though there are only 32 teams in the world, many of them still have 1) bad qbs, 2) bad hcs/coaches, 3) bad gms, 4) bad owners and many have combos of this.  The jets have been in the combo stage for so long, it’s easy remember that anyone over bowles will likely be an upgrade and anyone over mccagnan will likely be an upgrade.  And just b/c the national media is taking potshots at the jets, it doesn’t mean that qualified front office guys aren’t eyeing the jets job.  The jets have a real qb and some major talent on defense.  Truth the team needs two legit upgrades at OL and one more offensive weapon, easily doable this offseason when they’ll have enough cap room and all their picks. 

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

it’s still hard for me to grasp that even though there are only 32 teams in the world, many of them still have 1) bad qbs, 2) bad hcs/coaches, 3) bad gms, 4) bad owners and many have combos of this.  

the reason why is because of revenue sharing 

Bob Kraft is committed to winning (cheating) he's also like the 31st Richest owner, just behind the Johnsons and ahead of the city of GB wisconsin 

in other words there's no correlation between winning and financial success in the NFL.

Understand that and you understand 99% of what happens in the league.