New Video on Macc; Don't Panic

1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I don't get to say what the amount of difficulty people are having with Maccagnan sucks/Jets suck not being mutually exclusive 'seems' like to me.

Mac sucks/Jets Suck/ cricket sucks .. also not mutually exclusive

2 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

What a strange thing to say. Nobody has forgotten this. It doesn't seem like anybody has forgotten this.

He didn't say that in the video, that was the intro I wrote for it.

If Mike Mccagnan did not value the opinions of the scouting department, or the Coaching Staff:  was not well liked or respected by virtually everyone who worked for the Jets, and was basically a "rogue" who listened to no one, and did as he pleased;  answer me this.... 

How in the world was he able to get away with this for 4 plus years???   That is the question that needs to be answered.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

If Mike Mccagnan did not value the opinions of the scouting department, or the Coaching Staff:  was not well liked or respected by virtually everyone who worked for the Jets, and was basically a "rogue" who listened to no one, and did as he pleased;  answer me this.... 

How in the world was he able to get away with this for 4 plus years???   That is the question that needs to be answered.

Yep, there’s a whole lotta justifying being attempted right now.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

So Macc was a terrible GM but the team is in good shape. 

That’s a very confusing position to take.

The "good shape" comment was to contrast the national and local media's narrative that the team's is a dumpster fire now that Maccagnan has been fired. The thesis for the 2019 season hasn't changed for the worse with his firing. In fact, they're in better shape without him.

Hope that clarifies my position.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 3

6 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

The "good shape" comment was to contrast the national and local media's narrative that the team's is a dumpster fire now that Maccagnan has been fired. The thesis for the 2019 season hasn't changed for the worse with his firing. In fact, they're in better shape without him.

Hope that clarifies my position.

Thanks, good video 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, jgb said:

So Macc was a terrible GM but the team is in good shape. 

That’s a very confusing position to take.

The team isn’t in good shape. They aren’t in terrible shape like they were and they at least have a shot a being a .500 team right now. Considering all the missteps and mismanagement over the last 5 years, compounded with not working well with others and being indecisive, that’s unacceptable. This is despite him having a “better” offseason than usual.

When you have $100 mil from not having any talent to pay, being able to outbid and overpay for a ILB and go after other guys like Bell amen Crowder, isn’t really skillful. I’m happy he did these things given the state of our team and money was a resource that we needed to utilize, even if not spent efficiently.

Make no mistake, Mac is pure human excrement and if you can’t see how bad he is, I don’t know what to tell you at this point haha. Maybe you were just referring to that take on Mac being good by others. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

Try and keep up, man.

Now it's "Jets strike gold with Gase and... well, uh .... Gase."

No way haha. If anything, everyone on this board should learn to STOP annointing anyone great or give undeserved praise BEFORE they do anything.

I see a pattern of people propping up and blindly claiming that x player/x coach is great before they do a goddam thing. Haven’t we learned to just be cautiously optimistic, root for this team and give praise AFTER something is accomplished? It’s not being “negative”, it’s being realistic.

This is ESPECIALLY true considering how horrible, unorganized and mismanaged we have been for the last 10 years. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

Sam Darnold.

We all hope he is the real deal...  BUT ask the Dolphins how Marino got them a SB. You need a complete team and MAC decimated us. MANY top QB's never got a SB win. We need to build a team around Sam's strengths and MAC drafted how many Olineman?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

We all hope he is the real deal...  BUT ask the Dolphins how Marino got them a SB. You need a complete team and MAC decimated us. MANY top QB's never got a SB win. We need to build a team around Sam's strengths and MAC drafted how many Olineman?

Yeah I hate that macc traded away all those pro bowlers that idzik drafted.  :)

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Yeah I hate that macc traded away all those pro bowlers that idzik drafted.  :)

You know what he meant haha. He decimated us by completely squandering his entire tenure here as GM and not making many meaningful moves besides Sam.

The Idzik defense can only go so far and can be argued that he left Mac with a TON of cap space year 1 so at least the new GM at the time (Mac), had something to work with. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Maxman said:

The headlines are all saying this is an organization in chaos and the Jets don’t have a clue.

What seems to be forgotten is how Mike Maccagnan wasn’t good at his job.

Both things are true. They are not mutually exclusive.

Not sure why anyone would panic, or that anyone actually is panicking, over the Macc firing.

• Upvote 2

I agree with the premise, that firing Macc is a net positive despite the hysterical news coverage. The downside to the timing is that now all the garbage that Macc left behind becomes Adam Gase’s immediate responsibility and you can already see fans and media lining up to kill him ASAP because the roster is terrible and he didn’t magically fix it overnight. There’s no honeymoon period, at all, and we’re about to get a hundred Manish articles demanding to know why the offense isn’t scoring 50 a game, or why the pass rush isn’t producing sacks, or why LeVeon Bell isn’t getting 30 carries per game. It’s going to get stupid very fast. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I agree with the premise, that firing Macc is a net positive despite the hysterical news coverage. The downside to the timing is that now all the garbage that Macc left behind becomes Adam Gase’s immediate responsibility and you can already see fans and media lining up to kill him ASAP because the roster is terrible and he didn’t magically fix it overnight. There’s no honeymoon period, at all, and we’re about to get a hundred Manish articles demanding to know why the offense isn’t scoring 50 a game, or why the pass rush isn’t producing sacks, or why LeVeon Bell isn’t getting 30 carries per game. It’s going to get stupid very fast. 

It’s going to be almost unbearable. The only thing that hurts us is perception and potential GM/coach/players not wanting to come here. If we can “tune it out”, winning will cure everything. I just think about how pathetic he media is with all the Mac and Bowles d*ck sucking over the years despite how TERRIBLE they were. The media knows nothing so whatever.

I am concerned about perception and how it will impact our ability to acquire quality at all levels to this organization. Hiring a respected head of football operations is the only way to fix this in my opinion and make it known that the Johnsons are taking a step back and doing the right thing. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Agreed.   This isn’t a good roster, and with the easily predictable injuries that will occur to the usual characters, it will be even worse come mid season.  The press conferences after those losses will be must see TV however because Gase will be in full douchebag mode by then.   

8 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Because the CEO of the NY Jets was in his office playing with Lego's while all of this was going on

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Hiring a respected head of football operations is the only way to fix this in my opinion and make it known that the Johnsons are taking a step back and doing the right thing. 

100% this. They’ll have to overpay this VP of football ops, and then they’ll have to overpay the GM, and it remains to be seen if the Johnson’s 1. Want to spend or 2. Could handle not being involved in football decisions. It could just be a case of Chris and Woody simply not having anything better to do with their time

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Agreed.   This isn’t a good roster, and with the easily predictable injuries that will occur to the usual characters, it will be even worse come mid season.  The press conferences after those losses will be must see TV however because Gase will be in full douchebag mode by then.   

No doubt. If they don’t get Douglas, it wouldn’t surprise me in the least to see Gase fired at the end of the season and Gregg Williams elevated to head coach, and I don’t think Gase would mind that one bit. 

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

100% this. They’ll have to overpay this VP of football ops, and then they’ll have to overpay the GM, and it remains to be seen if the Johnson’s 1. Want to spend or 2. Could handle not being involved in football decisions. It could just be a case of Chris and Woody simply not having anything better to do with their time

If they are willing to GROSSLY over pay an ILB, they’d be complete sh*theads not to pay for the most important front office position to this team in 20 years. 

Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

If they are willing to GROSSLY over pay an ILB, they’d be complete sh*theads not to pay for the most important front office position to this team in 20 years. 

Except they’ve never done so in twenty years of owning the team. I think that view player salaries as a sunk cost but view executive salaries as a place they can haggle, which is dumb, but the business side is allegedly their wheelhouse and, as we’ve seen, the non-football side of the Jets is run worse than the football side.

• Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

No doubt. If they don’t get Douglas, it wouldn’t surprise me in the least to see Gase fired at the end of the season and Gregg Williams elevated to head coach, and I don’t think Gase would mind that one bit. 

This is either going from work from the start or Gase runs himself out of town quickly.  This will not be like Bowles tenure where we watched him throw up on himself for 3 years and then get fired.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Except they’ve never done so in twenty years of owning the team. I think that view player salaries as a sunk cost but view executive salaries as a place they can haggle, which is dumb, but the business side is allegedly their wheelhouse and, as we’ve seen, the non-football side of the Jets is run worse than the football side.

Just look at the coaching and GM hires.  Aside from Parcells and now Gase, they have all been first time HC’s, which are always cheaper.   Tanny, Idzik and Maccagnan, all first timers and cheap.  Even Gase was cheap considering he was just run out of town in Miami.  

• Upvote 1