Outside of Ownership, Plenty of Incentives to Lure new GM to Jets

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

How is it a “fact” that a roster that was 4-12 last year is now “good enough to make a playoff run”? 

Because Bowles/Rogers were like 3rd grade soccer coaches who showed up, rolled a few balls into the field & said have at it...that's why.

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Who was responsible for the team’s success in 2009? 

Rex.

Brought in Bart, Jimmy, and swagger.  Plus Mark played very well in the playoffs.

The transition that happened from 08' to 09' was much bigger than what's happened from last year to this one.

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

Rex.

Brought in Bart, Jimmy, and swagger.  Plus Mark played very well in the playoffs.

The transition that happened from 08' to 09' was much bigger than what's happened from last year to this one.

Thank you, Pac. This was edifying.

57 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

How is it a “fact” that a roster that was 4-12 last year is now “good enough to make a playoff run”? 

It's so weird. Starts out after firing Maccagnan they're ready to contend but it's not especially clear on the basis for the obviously intended implication of causality. Ends with presumption of upgrade. In between reads like a puff piece on Maccagnan written by Maccagnan. Obviously nobody is going to sell me on the Jets not being a nuclear sh*tshow but I almost feel bad laughing that the case contra is this flimsy. If I was blindly optimistic and found this while looking for a way to rationalize it, I think I would be forced to reconsider. If I owned the team I'd definitely just keep hiring people worth firing because it seems to keep everybody about as happy as winning does and is way more reliable.

• Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

It's so weird. Starts out after firing Maccagnan they're ready to contend but it's not especially clear on the basis for the obviously intended implication of causality. Ends with presumption of upgrade. In between reads like a puff piece on Maccagnan written by Maccagnan. Obviously nobody is going to sell me on the Jets not being a nuclear sh*tshow but I almost feel bad laughing that the case contra is this flimsy. If I was blindly optimistic and found this while looking for a way to rationalize it, I think I would be forced to reconsider. If I owned the team I'd definitely just keep hiring people worth firing because it seems to keep everybody about as happy as winning does and is way more reliable.

Firings are our Super Bowls

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I guess you were on hand for Todd Bowles induction at the Pro Football Hall of Fame. The 3 hour documentary on how he taught, developed and got the most out of all his players will be preserved for all as a blueprint on how to coach a football team. Within 10 years the championship trophy will be renamed the Super Bowles Trophy.