Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JetNation

Outside of Ownership, Plenty of Incentives to Lure new GM to Jets

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Pac said:

They're obviously laying the groundwork for being able to give 100% of the credit for the teams success in 19' to Gase and whatever yes man he brings in. 

 

Who was responsible for the team’s success in 2009? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

How is it a “fact” that a roster that was 4-12 last year is now “good enough to make a playoff run”? 

Because Bowles/Rogers were like 3rd grade soccer coaches who showed up, rolled a few balls into the field & said have at it...that's why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Who was responsible for the team’s success in 2009? 

Rex.

Brought in Bart, Jimmy, and swagger.  Plus Mark played very well in the playoffs.

The transition that happened from 08' to 09' was much bigger than what's happened from last year to this one.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pac said:

Rex.

Brought in Bart, Jimmy, and swagger.  Plus Mark played very well in the playoffs.

The transition that happened from 08' to 09' was much bigger than what's happened from last year to this one.

 

Thank you, Pac. This was edifying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

How is it a “fact” that a roster that was 4-12 last year is now “good enough to make a playoff run”? 

It's so weird. Starts out after firing Maccagnan they're ready to contend but it's not especially clear on the basis for the obviously intended implication of causality. Ends with presumption of upgrade. In between reads like a puff piece on Maccagnan written by Maccagnan. Obviously nobody is going to sell me on the Jets not being a nuclear sh*tshow but I almost feel bad laughing that the case contra is this flimsy. If I was blindly optimistic and found this while looking for a way to rationalize it, I think I would be forced to reconsider. If I owned the team I'd definitely just keep hiring people worth firing because it seems to keep everybody about as happy as winning does and is way more reliable.

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Thank you, Pac. This was edifying.

I didn't edit anything..  that was how I wrote it.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

It's so weird. Starts out after firing Maccagnan they're ready to contend but it's not especially clear on the basis for the obviously intended implication of causality. Ends with presumption of upgrade. In between reads like a puff piece on Maccagnan written by Maccagnan. Obviously nobody is going to sell me on the Jets not being a nuclear sh*tshow but I almost feel bad laughing that the case contra is this flimsy. If I was blindly optimistic and found this while looking for a way to rationalize it, I think I would be forced to reconsider. If I owned the team I'd definitely just keep hiring people worth firing because it seems to keep everybody about as happy as winning does and is way more reliable.

Firings are our Super Bowls

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Firings are our Super Bowls

We are the you're fired champions of the world and Donald Trump is inviting us to the white house to be his apprentices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

How is it a “fact” that a roster that was 4-12 last year is now “good enough to make a playoff run”? 

I guess you were on hand for Todd Bowles induction at the Pro Football Hall of Fame. The 3 hour documentary on how he taught, developed and got the most out of all his players will be preserved for all as a blueprint on how to coach a football team. Within 10 years the championship trophy will be renamed the Super Bowles Trophy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...