MEET THE FLEET/ And OTA VID Thread

Joe Douglas is a done deal. Peyton Manning fo GM you say?  Things are quiet on the GM search front, but Bell may be traded? 

All I know is I am still excited about these kids that are coming in. Quinnen's smile seriously makes me smile every time I see it. That kid is something else. Polite looks like an animal at practice.  I'm losing my interest in the Jets offseason which is really saying something and I just wanna see the guys run around.  Here are a couple of short vids to help us get to know these fellas. 

Quinnen Williams

https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/meet-the-fleet-dl-quinnen-williams

Jachai Polite

https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/meet-the-fleet-dl-jachai-polite

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, ASH1962 said:

Nice to see something positive here. Thanks for posting that. I think both of these guys will be serious impact players.

I'm trying man.  :) 

I actually like so many of our players this year.  If we can just get a legit GM in here, this will all wash away. When that does we actually have a team. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

its funny, i kind of expect Q to be great....but i am most excited about seeing Polite just blow people up off the edge....god i cant wait for september

It has been so long since we have struck gold with a 3rd rounder or later.  Hopefully Polite can be the guy, he has the talent, as long as his head is screwed on straight, he could be a gret pick.  Would be a nice parting gift from Macc if he finally gives us the edge rusher we have been searching for since trading Abraham.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Lith said:

It has been so long since we have struck gold with a 3rd rounder or later.  Hopefully Polite can be the guy, he has the talent, as long as his head is screwed on straight, he could be a gret pick.  Would be a nice parting gift from Macc if he finally gives us the edge rusher we have been searching for since trading Abraham. 

Polite making an immediate impact as a pass rusher would be the 2nd most important event for this team in 2019 behind Darnold's development. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Lith said:

Indeed. I was screaming for OL during that pick, but I am happy with Polite.  He actually has top their talent and could be the steal of the entire Draft. I agree. It's high time the Jets were the beneficiary of such a player. It's been far too long. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Lith said:

Edoga and/or Polite hitting basically makes or breaks this draft class. Both sorely positions of need and both are talented players with significant risk.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

39 minutes ago, Lith said:

Actually IMO I thought the Jets hit gold with a 4th rounder last year.

Funny thing is I think Macc had his best draft this year.  

48 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Edoga and/or Polite hitting basically makes or breaks this draft class. Both sorely positions of need and both are talented players with significant risk.

Yes on Edoga too.  Especially since he's the only current starting-caliber Offensive Lineman we're going to have on the roster in 2021. 

Beachum, Osemele and Winters will all likely be gone, and I can't imagine Harrison/Toth are anything more than stopgaps. 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, flgreen said:

That's not saying much.  And I can easily see this one going sour too.  If QW ends up more of a "standard" DT rather than the pass-rushing variety, Polite doesn't become the EDGE we hope he is, and Edoga doesn't become a guy we can count on to start at RT or G, this draft will be very ugly.  Polite is probably the most likely one to fail amongst those 3. 

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That's not saying much.  And I can easily see this one going sour too.  If QW ends up more of a "standard" DT rather than the pass-rushing variety, Polite doesn't become the EDGE we hope he is, and Edoga doesn't become a guy we can count on to start at RT or G, this draft will be very ugly.  Polite is probably the most likely one to fail amongst those 3. 

And if there is a bus crash on the way to practice, it will be very bad for sure.  

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Maybe.  Time will tell.  Good rookie year for sure -- so you may be right.  Will have to see how his career develops before I put him in a Mo Lewis/James Hasty category.  Or even Fabini/Cotchery who are the last 4th rounders that we really hit on.

On 5/19/2019 at 10:45 AM, GREENBEAN said:

oe Douglas is a done deal. Peyton Manning fo GM you say?  Things are quiet on the GM search front, but Bell may be traded?

Joe Douglas is by no means a done deal and I would be SHOCKED if Bell was traded. But these are things we can't know about for sure until they actually happen anyway. 

However, I think there have already been enough positives during this offseason to be very optimistic about the Jets future- and I'm glad you are looking at it that way. Not just the players Macc brought in via Free Agency but the hiring of Gase, the  players the Jets retained and the draft. To me, all of those went well and have changed expectations greatly, to where many see this as a playoff contender.  

I also really like the UDFAs brought in. I have posted about this before (and I may be wrong) but alot of these guys look to me like they can crack the depth chart and make it on to the roster. Particularly S- Ramirez, WR- Dortch, OL- Miller, DE-K.Phillips, LB- Allison.    

• Sympathy 1

FINALLY--football talk!

Yeah, of the draft picks I'm probably most excited about Polite but for some reason I think Cashman is going to be a surprise contributor for us.

But it's all about Sam.  I finally have THAT player to go all in on and look forward to and be excited about every game.  It's been a while--went through a bunch of years hoping to tank for a QB and now that he's here, I want to win every game.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, flgreen said:

And if there is a bus crash on the way to practice, it will be very bad for sure.   

My point wasn't that "nobody knows what will happen".  It's that the upside of a DT is limited and we really need for Polite and Edoga to hit to make up for negligence at the OL and EDGE spots.  Polite is a boom/bust guy plain and simple. 

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Meet the Fleet?

Isn't the word fleet more commonly referenced for ships?

Fleet of ships vs. squadron of fighter jets?

When I 1st read this my thoughts turn to San Diego with a bunch of "woman" heading to the docks where the fleet just docked. .

11 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

....And if if's and but's were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas.