How Christopher Johnson can win trust back with the fans

1) Privately admit that you botched the coaching search (don’t need to leak anything to public, but sometimes it’s hard for billionaires to admit they ****ed up)

2) Search for the best possible GM candidate regardless of whether or not he/she is a “Gase Guy”

3) Give said GM the power to bring in his own coach in 2020. Allowing him/her to evaluate Gase for an entire season. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 11

38 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

1) Privately admit that you botched the coaching search (don’t need to leak anything to public, but sometimes it’s hard for billionaires to admit they ****ed up)

2) Search for the best possible GM candidate regardless of whether or not he/she is a “Gase Guy”

3) Give said GM the power to bring in his own coach in 2020. Allowing him/her to evaluate Gase for an entire season. 

How does someone privately admit?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

I would trust him even less!

Gase falling to us is a good thing, the fact that he helped get Macc out is a very good thing.

They need to bring in a GM who shares Gase's vision, someone who is dedicated and determined to make it work with Gase.

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

1-Hire someone who actually knows football and make him President.

2-Have the president find a GM, preferably one who’s 100% in sync with Gase.

3-Take an extended holiday/sabbatical to Tahiti.

3--and bring your brushes and paints

1 hour ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Admit Privately that he botched up the HC search ?

Got it !!

It's important to note that if we hire a GM quickly we'll still have time to fire him before the season starts.  That would also allow us to change the HC at least one more time, possibly twice, as well as release Le'Veon Bell in June.....so that we can re-sign him in August.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Good post.  

You don't compound bad decisions with worse ones - fix the franchise, first thing you need to do is bring in the possible GM you can find....and yes, you can't dictate to him who his coach should be.

As far as I'm concerned the sooner we get rid of Gase the better off this franchise will be - but that's not even the point.

• Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Did anyone actually trust him in the first place?  If so, why?

Right now I'm just hoping Peyton Manning as GM is just fake news.  Baby steps.

9 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

He can win back trust by saying I messed up by making Gase the head coach earlier this year, ooopppss I messed up again when I made him the GM and gave him full power, oh yeah don't mind these mess ups, hang tight Jets fans we will give him 3 years and fire him. But please trust me.

No.

He can win back trust if Gase is a good head coach and the Jets win football games. That is it for now.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

He can win back trust by saying I messed up by making Gase the head coach earlier this year, ooopppss I messed up again when I made him the GM and gave him full power, oh yeah don't mind these mess ups, hang tight Jets fans we will give him 3 years and fire him. But please trust me.

No.

He can win back trust if Gase is a good head coach and the Jets win football games. That is it for now.

The one thing he's actually got the right idea on is that we're not supposed to trust him. He kept a guy he wanted to fire because the alternative was having to make all the decisions on filling both positions himself. Now he's stuck with Gase doing the GM search. It's like you have a mouse in your basement so you bring in a cat and then you're stuck with the cat so you bring in the dog and so on and so on until Rex has taken up residence on your couch and who the **** knows how you're gonna get rid of him.

Clone SAR I

You mean he lost the trust of the fans and the idiot beat writers because he fired a GM with a 24-40 record? WOW!!! How could he be so stupid as to fire a GM with that record??? 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, British Jet said:

How does Johnson admitting something privately, affect the view from someone outside of Johnson’s private admittance? 

You’d never know it happened...

“I trust that guy for that thing I don’t know he did.”

Actions speak louder than words. By hiring a non gase guy and empowering him he is sending a message to the fans. 

Christopher Johnson has been publicly humiliated because of Gase’s inability to get along with people. 

1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

The one thing he's actually got the right idea on is that we're not supposed to trust him. He kept a guy he wanted to fire because the alternative was having to make all the decisions on filling both positions himself. Now he's stuck with Gase doing the GM search. It's like you have a mouse in your basement so you bring in a cat and then you're stuck with the cat so you bring in the dog and so on and so on until Rex has taken up residence on your couch and who the **** knows how you're gonna get rid of him.

That is the scariest part of this whole thing. I hope that isn't true, but I know it is.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Actions speak louder than words. By hiring a non gase guy and empowering him he is sending a message to the fans. 

Christopher Johnson has been publicly humiliated because of Gase’s inability to get along with people. 

Not sure what choice they have now. They are going to double down on Gase and hope for the best.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Give Gase this year. But not five years. He’s got enough talent for this team to show improvement. If the team is dysfunctional get rid of him. 

If they fire Gase after one year, when the GM got fired in May, they will have to hire a high school coach. Nobody else would take that job.

12 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

He fired Mac.  He has my trust for the first time in his life.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

He couldn't get along with the worst GM in the league.  I'm sorry thats not Gase's fault. 

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure how good CJ will be at hiring the next GM or putting the process in place and surrounding himself with smart people to help him fire the next GM.  But I do trust him that he saw enough bad things over the past 5 months from Maccagnan that he knew Mike was no longer the right guy.  Again, he may not have the solution, but he recognized that he had a pretty bad problem and he was decisive in not letting it fester any longer.  For that I'll give him credit.

You don't have to be an expert on rebuilding a building in order to know that you should put out the fire in the existing building.

• Sympathy 1

the problem here is you cannot just hire and fire as you please. The league watches the moves you make and they know if there’s a mess that needs to be avoided or not.

Getting your GM to select the Coach. 

Firing the GM, getting the new coach to select the new GM. 

It’s a never ending cycle of ineptitude and it only stops once CJ gets rid of this god awful power structure. If the HC has to report to the GM then the HC will not freely feel he can piss the guy off because it’ll be his ass instead of the GM’s. He’ll go to get the guy booted and he’ll be booted instead. This power structure does nothing positive for anyone involved and it needs to be fixed. You are setting yourself up for problems when they both report to the owner with fingers pointed.

• Upvote 2