Leo not apart of the Jets plans?

1 hour ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Regardless of if Gase is good or bad as a head coach, he is taking care of 2 major issues. Getting rid of Mac and moving on from Leo before paying him a fortune. I hope we trade him and load up on draft picks. 

This story doesn't say anything at all. It just lists what everyone knows might happen.

• Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, Pac said:

All good teams trade away their best players before having to pay them..

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

It wouldn't shock me if it was true but Cimini knows nothing. There is zero chance any of these beat guys have an in with Gase.

After trading lee, does anyone think they’re going to pay Leo?  

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

E2CA9C17-371A-4F87-A84B-88E5355907B5.jpeg

IMO A Tag and trade would be more beneficial.  Leo and QW should work well together.  

In just his 2nd year, Leo had 7 sacks and made the Pro Bowl playing with Wilkerson and Richardson.  He didn't see double teams while playing with those two. And with QW...he wont see doubles either.  Instead he could be in for a 8-10 sack season playing with a stud like QW alongside him. As well as being better utilized and schemed under GW.

Also there's a symbiotic benefit for QW having Leo around for his rookie year, as well as a benefit to Leo. The whole should be double scarier then the sum of its parts.  That up the middle pass rush should be especially worrisome to Tom Brady and the Pats.    

Gase has probably already pissed off Bell and Mosely...thanks to the Media.  Does he want to add GW...his guy for DC...by taking away one of his pet toys in Leo. Again...compliments of media sh!!ts like Cimini & Mehta.

I too believe Leo not likely to get an extension.  But I'd sure would like to see them play together at least this year.  Leo is poised to have a big year.  And add more value to a tag and trade next year.   

For this year...it should be fun watching Leo-QW wreck havoc up the middle against Brady and Rosen.  Hope it happens.       

• Upvote 1

Just now, GreenReaper said:

n.  He didn't see double teams while playing with those two. And with QW...he wont see doubles either.  Instead he could be in for a 8-10 sack season playing with a stud like QW alongside him. As well as being better utilized and schemed under GW.

Henry Anderson was doubled more than Leo and put up 7 sacks in his first year here.

the excuses for leo have to end eventually.

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Henry Anderson was doubled more than Leo and put up 7 sacks in his first year here.

Anderson had 250 less snaps than Leo last year. They knew he was in to rush, and got doubled.

I truly believe Leonard Williams isn't going anywhere...the Jets have precious little talent as it is.

Quinnen and Leonard Williams haven't played a single down together yet.  And they are already letting Leo go? 

The reporting league wide concerning the Jets has totally gone off the rails.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

It wouldn't shock me if it was true but Cimini knows nothing. There is zero chance any of these beat guys have an in with Gase.

I mean this one is kinda obvious. The gap between his production and expected pay is wide enough to question if he's back with the Jets.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slats said:

A couple guys still sitting out there waiting for a contract offer are Suh and Mo Wilk. How much is someone sending the the Jets in return for the opportunity to pay Leo $14M this year? 

I tend to agree. If you see the Williams Bros. performing well as a tandem, why not lock up Leo while QW is on his rookie deal? Something for Gase and his new GM to discuss. 

Comes down to Leo has to perform to get paid. If his agent thought a big ass long term contract was a given with the guy who drafted him running the Jets, that's gone. Leo is also to his credit not a guy who's going to cause a GM to worry every time he goes out for a few pops. But still comes down to production. 

No sensible GM is overpaying Suh nor Wilkerson. Figure their careers are going to be year to year propositions going forward. And they could get paid handsomely as long as they produce; pretty much what Michael Bennett is going to be or was. NOBODY is writing those 3  big ass long term deals. Rams have a lot of guys they will have to lock up coming off a Super Bowl berth. Hard to see why they would overpay SUh when he's a knucklehead. Wilkerson is even a bigger moron.Now if Leo is off the charts getting to the passer, even if it's as the result of having a better surrounding cast and an aggressive DC, may be he changes that. 

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Ok...eventually is now.  I really think it will.   

And you make a good point about Anderson's production.  How much better will he be if less doubled too?  QW will see to that.

So wait, if he doesn't earn an extension and we let him go it's a bad thing?

Went complain about Macc being incompetent and then complain that the new HC wants someone better. 

We complain that Leo isn't worth an extension and then complain that if he doesn't turn it around under GWilliams he'll be gone and complain.  And blame Gase for thinking like us.

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I keep hearing about these "League circles" and imagine a group of front office guys from the other 31 teams sitting on a patio together having a beer, spending 5 hours discussing nothing but the Jets, Gase, Le'Veon Bell, Leonard Williams, the Jets coaching search, Matt Rhule, Peyton Manning, Darron Lee, and the Jets new uniforms.  The following day we get these kinds of blurbs from Cimini and anonymous comments from other teams' front offices tweeted by Joe Caporoso.  Meanwhile, the guys supposedly closest to the Jets like Manish were 200% confident that Macc wasn't getting fired. lol

This entire episode with the firing of Maccagnan has show just how much incompetence there is.....in the media.  The Jets have their share of dysfunction but it's nowhere near that of the media.

I blame the Russians...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, flgreen said:

We need some shirtless pics at his pool or I'm calling BS that he's a neighbor of yours

So you are into this, way too much information.

Up the road 10 minutes next town over.

Mo is all over Target,Home Depot in the area. 

Have some dignity and respect if not for Mo but for yourself. 

You let me know how you make out. 

1 minute ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Invite him over to the gazebo and get it done joewilly.

Why not invite him to a function at the assisted living facility where you live and see if you can get the picture. 

Show him that groovy Jets gold pendant and chain, tell him the story how you acquired it out of the bubble gum machine or was it the sewer I forgot. 

Gase and the Jets are taking a wait and see approach with Leo. Now having bonafide talent to take up double teams and free up Leo to move to the outside, it's time to see what Leo is capable of. My money says drawing single blockers on the outside will make him the animal he was advertised as in 2015.

Point being, if Leo suddenly becomes a truly great player the future of the Jets DL won't be so easily figured out.

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Id trade Leo for a 2nd or higher as fast as possible.

So trade something significant for nothing, from a 2019 season perspective?  Would you give your car to someone now if they agreed to pay you for it next year?

10 minutes ago, MykePM said:

So trade something significant for nothing, from a 2019 season perspective?  Would you give your car to someone now if they agreed to pay you for it next year?

Leo is nothing more than a glorified Mike DeVito.  If the jets traded him for a 2020 2nd the 3-4 DEs would be QW and Henry Anderson and McClendon at Nose

• Sympathy 1