Leo not apart of the Jets plans?

Regardless of if Gase is good or bad as a head coach, he is taking care of 2 major issues. Getting rid of Mac and moving on from Leo before paying him a fortune. I hope we trade him and load up on draft picks. 
Gase did such a great job on Miami's roster we should give him 100 percent control over ours.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The Quinnen pick is only worth it if they're hanging on to Leo. If they just used the #3 overall pick to replace the #6 overall pick who was used to replace another 1st round pick...well friends, that's what us in the business call a cycle.

Actually the opposite

The Quinnen pick makes more sense if the jets are trading Leo to get assets

• Thumb Down 1

5 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Regardless of if Gase is good or bad as a head coach, he is taking care of 2 major issues. Getting rid of Mac and moving on from Leo before paying him a fortune. I hope we trade him and load up on draft picks. 

How dare you say something that is objectively true instead of regurgitating the same lame media sound bytes 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Henry Anderson was doubled more than Leo and put up 7 sacks in his first year here.

the excuses for leo have to end eventually.

If you just read this board and didn’t watch the games you would think Leo was Lawrence Taylor

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

How dare you say something that is objectively true instead of regurgitating the same lame media sound bytes 

Those are opinions, figures of speech, aspirations. They are vague and qualitative and not things that are objectively true or not. This is why we get a team marketed to the differently abled.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The Quinnen pick is only worth it if they're hanging on to Leo. If they just used the #3 overall pick to replace the #6 overall pick who was used to replace another 1st round pick...well friends, that's what us in the business call a cycle.

They seriously just need to make the switch to a 4-3 defense. Henry/Quinnen/Leo/whoever the **** on the line is much more effective then trying to rotate around and fit snaps around your best DL.

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

They seriously just need to make the switch to a 4-3 defense. Henry/Quinnen/Leo/whoever the **** on the line is much more effective then trying to rotate around and fit snaps around your best DL.

I think the whole 3-4/4-3 thing is kind of a myth anyways. Teams that swing one way or the other only do so by like 5-10%. Almost everyone plays the same mixed bag now. Football players play football and if the Jets can't find a way to make sure the 6th and 3rd overall picks of the draft are used at the same time that's more common sense stuff than anything Wiki-scheme related.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

22 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I think the whole 3-4/4-3 thing is kind of a myth anyways. Teams that swing one way or the other only do so by like 5-10%. Almost everyone plays the same mixed bag now. Football players play football and if the Jets can't find a way to make sure the 6th and 3rd overall picks of the draft are used at the same time that's more common sense stuff than anything Wiki-football related.

Well I mean mostly as a base package. Let the 4-3 be your base and build off of it from there. Definitely see a lot of multiple schemes today because the offenses are very diverse and creative. Slot corners have one of the most important roles on the defense now with all of the pick plays and passes over the middle. The way I see it, you can trot any of these combinations and get results but I just think have four talents is better than 3. Henry has to stay on the edge because his build isn’t solid enough to play DT/NT so that limits you in some ways. 

Truthfully I’d just enjoy it if Gregg can put Quinnen in positions to make an impact on the passing game because I don’t wanna think about drafting a NT at 3.

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

So trade Leo this year, Jamal next year and then Darnold before we have to pay him?

Jamal and Darnold are worth the money. You can get Leo like production from a later draft pick, so why invest even more money into the one position this loser franchise has been doing for the last decade with the same results?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

So trade Leo this year, Jamal next year and then Darnold before we have to pay him?

I was being facetious. 

I suppose if they got the Sheldon deal (a 2nd and a quality starter on the o-line) you can justify it..  anything less than that would be asinine.

I don't think Gase can pull off that trade..  he probably would have gotten rid of Sheldon for a 5th round pick.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

So you are into this, way too much information.

Up the road 10 minutes next town over.

Mo is all over Target,Home Depot in the area. 

Have some dignity and respect if not for Mo but for yourself. 

You let me know how you make out. 

shirtless pics, or it didn't happen

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

“n0T aH nEiGhBoR Nd n0T bRaGGiNG!” 

lol stop being a baby, they’re picking with you.

Mind your own business do you have to pile on every conversation on this board just to try and be the cool kid.

Peace out dude or do you prefer PK surprised you're not at the BTS concert tonight at MetLife with your wife beater t-shirt and hat on backwards. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Mind your own business do you have to pile on every conversation on this board just to try and be the cool kid.

Peace out dude or do you prefer PK surprised you're not at the BTS concert tonight at MetLife with your wife beater t-shirt and hat on backwards. 

Lol oh sh*t. You mean business today huh?

16 minutes ago, Pac said:

I suppose if they got the Sheldon deal (a 2nd and a quality starter on the o-line) you can justify it..  anything less than that would be asinine.

In a copycat league, I don’t think the NFL looks at the Sheldon trade as a winner for Seattle.  Seattle traded a 2nd round pick (ignore the player, but maybe they dumped cap space) for one year of ok Sheldon.  They had no way to hold onto Sheldon, and he moved on to the Vikings.  After playing well for the Vikings, he earned a two year contract with the Browns.  

If you are a DT in the NFL, you can earn good money, but you have to bring it every year.  Teams will basically give you 1-2 year contracts, and you can keep earning those if you play well.  Giving Leo a contract like Wilk is just crazy.

• Sympathy 1