Leo not apart of the Jets plans?

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Gase just fired Macc for spending too much in free agency.  It's a safe bet to suggest we'll be playing the comp pick game a lot better under the new GM, whoever it is. 

Yes but not right away. We have a ton of holes and still need 1 more year of FA to make up for all the misses. 

1 hour ago, LockeJET said:

This is exactly why Mac shouldn't have been allowed to run this off seasons free agency and draft. He played this offseason like we are super bowl contenders. Had we had a new GM that didn't have the pressure to win this year, the moves would have been totally different. Like not signing Bell and trading Leo, especially after taking Williams 3rd overall.

Should Mac have been fired with Bowles?  Yes but if the right move occurs 5 months too late I still take it

6 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Yes but not right away. We have a ton of holes and still need 1 more year of FA to make up for all the misses. 

My hope would be we wait until after that May deadline to sign UFA's.  We need to break this cycle of making up for poor drafts with expensive free agents.  Theoretically there should be enough talent on the roster in 2020 to be fairly competitive. 

I don't expect all that many helpful free agents to be there for us anyways.  There's 4 top 15 Centers heading to Free Agency but all are on teams that will have plenty of cap space to re-sign them.  There's a few LT's out there but they may all get re-signed too.  What else would we absolutely need to spend on?

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

My hope would be we wait until after that May deadline to sign UFA's.  We need to break this cycle of making up for poor drafts with expensive free agents.  Theoretically there should be enough talent on the roster in 2020 to be fairly competitive. 

I don't expect all that many helpful free agents to be there for us anyways.  There's 4 top 15 Centers heading to Free Agency but all are on teams that will have plenty of cap space to re-sign them.  There's a few LT's out there but they may all get re-signed too.  What else would we absolutely need to spend on?

I think we go LT next year in the first round.  I saw the list of free agents nobody wow’d me

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We 100% have to break the cycle but it’s more important to help Sam at ALL costs in the short term to make up for all destruction that Mac has caused to this team. Sam is the absolute main priority right now which is why I didn’t hate hE Bell signing. Normally not an ideal/sound move but important given our current situation. 

3 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

We 100% have to break the cycle but it’s more important to help Sam at ALL costs in the short term to make up for all destruction that Mac has caused to this team. Sam is the absolute main priority right now which is why I didn’t hate hE Bell signing. Normally not an ideal/sound move but important given our current situation.  

The best way we can help him is via the draft.  Lot's of quality LT and WR candidates coming out this year.  Signing another team's trash won't help Sam one iota.

Get Douglas in here and I'm 100 % sure he'll go offense-heavy in the 2020 draft.  He's invested tons of picks in the offensive line in Philly despite the team having 3 entrenched starters since 2013.

28 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Should Mac have been fired with Bowles?  Yes but if the right move occurs 5 months too late I still take it

5 months too late cost us an entire draft and a free agency period where we had the second most money in the NFL to improve this team MM should have been no part of that. 

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

If you’re saying Mac should have signed Paradis and Brown yes I absolutely agree I was pounding the table for both before free agency

Should Mac have traded down for an ok at best prospect? No and besides no one wanted to trade up look at how the draft turned out Haskins went 15

Macc admitted that there were multiple offers on the table when they were on the clock. He just didn't pull the trigger.

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The best way we can help him is via the draft.  Lot's of quality LT and WR candidates coming out this year.  Signing another team's trash won't help Sam one iota.

Get Douglas in here and I'm 100 % sure he'll go offense-heavy in the 2020 draft.  He's invested tons of picks in the offensive line in Philly despite the team having 3 entrenched starters since 2013.

Well I’d hope we wouldn’t sign trash. There are only so many draft picks. We still need a combination of value free agents AND draft picks is all that I’m saying. We can’t magically build through the draft all in 1 year and expect to hit on every pick. Anything is better than Mac but he left one hell of a whole. We can’t just stop pursuing smart FA acquisitions because it’s better to build through the draft.

The next GM has to be aware of our current situation and the current situation is that Sam needs help at all costs. We can’t draft a whole OL in 1 offseason which is what we need. It’ll be a combination of draft AND free agents, at least for 1 more year. I agree that we need to get to a place where we can build the right way but we aren’t there yet.