Mike Westhoff: Jets took' dunce' hat back from Giants

This is kind of entertaining coming from Mike, who I liked alot when he was with the Jets.  Always thought he should have been given a shot at HC.

Thing is, if I remember correctly, he was fired in Miami, even though he had the best ST's unit in the NFL, because he was a pain in the butt, and couldn't get along with the other coaches.

I always felt he wasn't given a shot in NY because he was a loose cannon.   Kind of sounds familiar.  At any rate he was a good coach, think Gase is going to be also.  If Douglas turns out to be the GM, I'm good with it and think the Jets are good in FO, and CS going forward.

If it's just somebody just nodding their head, maybe not so good

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, EM31 said:

From you own link...

Hat Cap
Definition The hat is a headgear, which usually has the shape crown and the brim. A cap is a kind of soft, flat hat without a brim and typically with a peak.

The point i was trying to make was that Dunce Hat and Dunce Cap are interchangeable in this context with neither term being incorrect.  And so calling someone out for using one vs. the other is not correct..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunce#Dunce_cap

I wasn’t calling anyone out.

I always thought it was a dunce cap but it’s a silly point. 

But a dunce hat works. 

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

This is kind of entertaining coming from Mike, who I liked alot when he was with the Jets.  Always thought he should have been given a shot at HC.

Thing is, if I remember correctly, he was fired in Miami, even though he had the best ST's unit in the NFL, because he was a pain in the butt, and couldn't get along with the other coaches.

I always felt he wasn't given a shot in NY because he was a loose cannon.   Kind of sounds familiar.  At any rate he was a good coach, think Gase is going to be also.  If Douglas turns out to be the GM, I'm good with it and think the Jets are good in FO, and CS going forward.

If it's just somebody just nodding their head, maybe not so good

Or somebody who chain drinks coffee.  That was disturbing from the get-go

• Sympathy 1